Windows 10: Difficulties with backup files on disk D

Discus and support Difficulties with backup files on disk D in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to create file history on external drive and use Windows 10 Backup to do it. I tried to back up files and folders from both disk D and disk C.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Anthony Gilmore1, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Difficulties with backup files on disk D

I want to create file history on external drive and use Windows 10 Backup to do it. I tried to back up files and folders from both disk D and disk C. However I was able to restore files only from disk C. Files and folders from D are not showing using Restore option

:)

Anthony Gilmore1, Mar 11, 2019

2. Backup using file history

Thanks Robeline

I was going by other advice and articles that suggest that backing up under Update and security/backup is now the way to go. I will try your suggestion.

Doug

DougWalsh1, Mar 11, 2019
  3. Backup using file history

Hi Doug,

There are limited options when using backup and restore. We suggest that you create a full backup using Windows 10 system image tool, you need to connect external storage with enough available space. See steps below:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click on System and Security.
    • Click on Backup and Restore (Windows 7).
    • On the left pane, click the Create a system image link.
    • Under Where do you want to save the backup?, select the
      On a hard disk
      option.
    • Using the "On a hard disk" drop-down menu, select the storage to save the backup.
    • Click the Start backup button.

Note: Once you completed the steps, the wizard will proceed to create a full backup of your system, including everything that is stored on the main drive, as well as the system reserved partition.

Robelene Win, Mar 11, 2019
  4. geotso Win User

Difficulties with backup files on disk D

Can't safely remove external disk

In reference to the steps of your suggestions:

• The issue is specific to the particular disk and it started after I've used the disk to save the System image backup (created with the Control Panel > File History tool).
    • I didn't disable any windows Service. I'm just wondering if there is any to disable.
    • Safe boot with networking, or clean boot doesn't resolve the issue.

Thank you.

geotso, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

Difficulties with backup files on disk D

1. Difficulties with backup files on disk D - Similar Threads - Difficulties backup files

2. Disk D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk D: So basically I want to erase all the data "I" Added in disk d windows 10 is installed in Disk C How do i delete all the data "I" Added in disk d Thank you have a great day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-d/d6e106e0-e34c-44b6-a789-bc8771e6957c
  3. Disk D

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk D: So basically I want to erase all the data "I" Added in disk d windows 10 is installed in Disk C How do i delete all the data "I" Added in disk d Thank you have a great day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-d/d6e106e0-e34c-44b6-a789-bc8771e6957c
  4. Disk D

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Disk D files disappear

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disk D files disappear: After a few days upgrade my disk d mostly files disappeared, and some files 0 bytes, i can’t find right solution and disk d free spaces changed 32gb-260gb. Disk d has so many important, unique files, example my student works, university files etc. I don’t know why this...
  6. Backup files to external disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup files to external disk: Please help me to find out how can I do this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-files-to-external-disk/586ed305-b89e-43aa-b8ee-1992efd895ac
  7. C: Disk and D: Disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C: Disk and D: Disk: I recently got a new computer running on Windows 10 which is awesome but there is something I wanna change and I don't know how. So, my problem is the download and save paths with the quick access folders. Downloads was set on default to save to the C: Drive, so I went into...
  8. Disk Backup

Disk Backup: I have a neighbor whos PC needs upgrading. Inside is an older HDD and I want to clone everything over to a new SSD. I have an external enclosure for the drive to connect via USB, but it only has one slot so I have no way of connecting both the SSD and the HDD to my desktop at...
  9. Difficulty Restoring from Backup

Difficulty Restoring from Backup: Please be sympathetic with my lack of knowledge. But I will try my best to explain my issues. I have an old Lenovo Y580 laptop, which has been progressively slowing down each time a Windows update is issued. I know it is old, but I only do some basic computing (eg tax...
  10. Windows Image Backup difficulty

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows Image Backup difficulty: Windows version: W10 N 64 bit. Before the recent November update, I created a image backup for my system drive which is the usual C: drive. After the update, I also created a seperated image backup. Now due to some unknown issue with Windows10-KB3010081-x64 (Media...