Windows 10: Difficulties with Installing and Uninstalling

Discus and support Difficulties with Installing and Uninstalling in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hiya folks, I was trying to install a pretty old game on the PC and have run into some difficulties. Especially with the most recent development. So on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DrewStratton, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Difficulties with Installing and Uninstalling

Hiya folks, I was trying to install a pretty old game on the PC and have run into some difficulties. Especially with the most recent development. So on my last install attempt of the game, it was taking so long that I thought the computer had crashed and restarted the system. When I went back in, the game's startup menu had "Play" option and the "Uninstall" option, but not the option for installation. When I decided to just call it quits and uninstall it, the button would not work, so I went into CCleaner and tried to uninstall it that way. When I went in to do that, the game's program was there, but when I clicked "uninstall" a message box came up saying "Error 2:The system cannot find the file specified." Then when I tried to go into the device's settings to delete it that way, the program was not in there. However, the program is still present in the CCleaner and the startup still has the "Uninstall" option.

So, my important question is: How do I uninstall this broken program?

Also, if anyone can help me with this, any tips for installing Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic on Windows 10? I've already tried changing the compatibility settings and running it as administrator, but none of that helped.

Thank you.

:)

DrewStratton, Nov 22, 2018

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Difficulties with Installing and Uninstalling :confused:

oli_ramsay, Nov 22, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 22, 2018
  4. Difficulties with Installing and Uninstalling

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

Difficulties with Installing and Uninstalling

1. Difficulties with Installing and Uninstalling - Similar Threads - Difficulties Installing Uninstalling

2. Windows 10 installation difficulties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 installation difficulties: Hello, I reset my PC and now the installation is really getting on my nerves. When I try to add my outlook account it keeps saying oops sorry try again later or sign in with a local account. Then I try and make a local account and it gives me an error. I’ve tried restarting...
  3. Windows 10 installation difficulties

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 installation difficulties: Hello, I reset my PC and now the installation is really getting on my nerves. When I try to add my outlook account it keeps saying oops sorry try again later or sign in with a local account. Then I try and make a local account and it gives me an error. I’ve tried restarting...
  4. Difficulty in installing spss

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difficulty in installing spss: I have been trying to install the SPSS software in my pc now for a week but I keep on getting the error messages. At first it was due to lack of Microsoft visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.030729.17. I later installed and now keep on getting this new error whenever I...
  5. Difficulty in installing spss

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Difficulty in installing spss: I have been trying to install the SPSS software in my pc now for a week but I keep on getting the error messages. At first it was due to lack of Microsoft visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.030729.17. I later installed and now keep on getting this new error whenever I...
  6. Difficulty in installing spss

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Difficulty in uninstalling Segurazo in Lenovo Laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Difficulty in uninstalling Segurazo in Lenovo Laptop: Hey guys. I've been finding it difficult to uninstall Segurazo from my laptop. When I attempt to uninstall them, a notif pops up on my screen, saying: "You do not hve sufficient access to uninstal Segurazo Realtime Protection Lite. Please contact your system administrator." I...
  8. installation difficulty in My Dell

installation difficulty in My Dell: dear sir, i had to format the OS because of some unavoidable situation. i have a dell inspiron 3505. i had MyDell preinstalled in it. after my reinstallation of the windows i cannot install MyDell and Dell Mobile Connect. whenever i searh it in the windows store it shows the...
  9. Downloading and Installing Games difficulties

Downloading and Installing Games difficulties: Hi, I cannot download the game called Fortnite in the Microsoft Store. It keeps on saying,'It looks like you do not have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft Account.To install,sign in on a device to your Microsoft account,' Please help......
  10. Difficulty installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Difficulty installing Windows 10: Hello everybody, I'm Mark from the UK, can anybody assist me with the installation of windows 10. I checked windows update and it shows the platform has been downloaded to my pc. It also says in windows update installation failed. I then went on to the get windows 10 icon...