Windows 10: Difficulty changing to Windows Mail

Discus and support Difficulty changing to Windows Mail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm trying to change from Windows Live Mail to Windows Mail . I've been asked to fill in details of my G. Mail account, but a sign keeps popping up... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by fromedemon, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Difficulty changing to Windows Mail

I'm trying to change from Windows Live Mail to Windows Mail . I've been asked to fill in details of my G. Mail account, but a sign keeps popping up saying my Gmail account settings are out of date. I've clicked on Fix My Account & changed my password, as I thought I might have been using an out of date one, but nothing makes any difference. It won't accept it & just keeps telling me my settings are out of date. Any help would be greatly appreciated !

:)

fromedemon, Jan 9, 2017
  2. Ches931 Win User

Multiple addresses for emails

I had a lot of difficulty with Outlook and have been advised by iiNet to change to Window's 10 MAIL

Can you advise how I can set up an Address Book for forwarding emails to multiple addressees.

John C

Ches931, Jan 9, 2017
  3. Windows live mail 2012 on windows 10

I'm having various probs with windows live mail 2012. I understand that it is no longer being supported and that 'outlook' is now being encouraged instead. I'm not tech savvy and I always seem to have difficulties when I try to change systems, however.

Is there a step-by-step explanation somewhere to guide me through the change to Outlook?

Will I lose my current e-mail files by changing?

Is there another system other than Outlook, possibly better or easier to change to, that you can recommend?

Thanks,

Greg

gregorygourlay, Jan 9, 2017
  4. Bastet Win User

Difficulty changing to Windows Mail

Do you have two-step/factor authentication set up on your Gmail account? If so then you'll require an app specific password when setting up email.

Bastet, Jan 9, 2017
  5. I'm not sure, I'll look into it, thanks for your suggestion.

fromedemon, Jan 9, 2017
  6. No I havn't & from reading other on line forums this message about the Google account settings being out of date sounds quite common.

I'm just wondering if setting up a 2 step/factor authentication would make things worse ?

fromedemon, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Difficulty changing to Windows Mail

1. Difficulty changing to Windows Mail - Similar Threads - Difficulty changing Mail

2. Windows 10 Upgrade Difficulties

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Upgrade Difficulties: I have reloaded a laptop that was installed with Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Home with the intention of upgrading it to Windows 10 Pro. The laptop is now showing as not activated. Will I need to install Windows 10 S on the laptops or can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the...
  3. changing difficulty level

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing difficulty level: My pc always had the option to change the difficulty level in the solitare collection.Now I can't change them. what is wrong. I want that option back please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-difficulty-level/937ab221-fffa-4d02-9212-5817ec7d82af
  4. Difficulty of Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difficulty of Games: I would like to change the difficulty of the games I play in Microsoft Solitaire. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/difficulty-of-games/cc01ec81-970c-4c28-93e9-2f1648adb263
  5. Difficulty with Purchase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difficulty with Purchase: I recently purchased a pack from the Minecraft Store through the Microsoft Store and I was charged for the pack, yet it said there was an error when I purchased it... and now it claims I did not buy it. A little help would be greatly appreciated!...
  6. Difficulty Changing Lock and Login Screens Backgrounds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Difficulty Changing Lock and Login Screens Backgrounds: Hello! I'm having some difficulty changing my lock and login screens backgrounds. Recently, I created my own theme using various free backgrounds I found online. When I set the theme as my background it worked fine. I have also set that theme as my lock screen and that...
  7. Difficulty reinstalling Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Difficulty reinstalling Windows 10: My Lenovo G50-45 laptop has failed to install Windows 10 updates for several months. Following advice, yesterday I reset the laptop to its original setting, so I am now back to Windows 8. I have been trying to reinstall Windows 10 from the Microsoft website but after...
  8. Techinical difficulties

in Windows 10 Customization
    Techinical difficulties: So, my laptop won't let me watch any movies on Netflix, apparently it's something to do with the Graphics hardware blocking it, or something, not sure. But if you know what I'm talking about please help me! Thank you, your a life saver! :))...
  9. Access difficulties

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Access difficulties: please provide a solution I have difficulty running games on a laptop with the following information: See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text **************...
  10. dir Difficulties

in Windows 10 Support
    dir Difficulties: I am seeking to sort files with dir. Creation date and time is my most primary interest. This has been my primary guide. MS-DOS dir command help I have tried a number of these commands in Powershell and Admin Powershell The simple one element wild card ones work okay. Ex...