Windows 10: Difficulty changing to Windows Mail

Discus and support Difficulty changing to Windows Mail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm trying to change from Windows Live Mail to Windows Mail . I've been asked to fill in details of my G. Mail account, but a sign keeps popping up... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by fromedemon, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Difficulty changing to Windows Mail

I'm trying to change from Windows Live Mail to Windows Mail . I've been asked to fill in details of my G. Mail account, but a sign keeps popping up saying my Gmail account settings are out of date. I've clicked on Fix My Account & changed my password, as I thought I might have been using an out of date one, but nothing makes any difference. It won't accept it & just keeps telling me my settings are out of date. Any help would be greatly appreciated !

:)

fromedemon, Jan 9, 2017
  2. Ches931 Win User

Multiple addresses for emails

I had a lot of difficulty with Outlook and have been advised by iiNet to change to Window's 10 MAIL

Can you advise how I can set up an Address Book for forwarding emails to multiple addressees.

John C

Ches931, Jan 9, 2017
  3. Windows live mail 2012 on windows 10

I'm having various probs with windows live mail 2012. I understand that it is no longer being supported and that 'outlook' is now being encouraged instead. I'm not tech savvy and I always seem to have difficulties when I try to change systems, however.

Is there a step-by-step explanation somewhere to guide me through the change to Outlook?

Will I lose my current e-mail files by changing?

Is there another system other than Outlook, possibly better or easier to change to, that you can recommend?

Thanks,

Greg

gregorygourlay, Jan 9, 2017
  4. Bastet Win User

Difficulty changing to Windows Mail

Do you have two-step/factor authentication set up on your Gmail account? If so then you'll require an app specific password when setting up email.

Bastet, Jan 9, 2017
  5. I'm not sure, I'll look into it, thanks for your suggestion.

fromedemon, Jan 9, 2017
  6. No I havn't & from reading other on line forums this message about the Google account settings being out of date sounds quite common.

I'm just wondering if setting up a 2 step/factor authentication would make things worse ?

fromedemon, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Difficulty changing to Windows Mail

1. Difficulty changing to Windows Mail - Similar Threads - Difficulty changing Mail

2. Difficulty changing windows to my new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difficulty changing windows to my new SSD: So basically my computer takes a really long time to open, like very long, like it will take 2 minutes to get to the password page and then once I enter my password it takes maybe 10 minutes for my computer to function normally. The only apps I set to open automatically via...
  3. Difficulty changing windows to my new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Difficulty changing windows to my new SSD: So basically my computer takes a really long time to open, like very long, like it will take 2 minutes to get to the password page and then once I enter my password it takes maybe 10 minutes for my computer to function normally. The only apps I set to open automatically via...
  4. Difficulty changing windows to my new SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Difficulty changing default font

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difficulty changing default font: Hello! I am trying to set my computer to a new default font and have followed all instructions I could find. I get through all the steps and go to do the final restart and nothing has changed except I now have the new font accessible in Word. I'd really like to be able to use...
  6. Difficulty changing default font

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Difficulty changing default font: Hello! I am trying to set my computer to a new default font and have followed all instructions I could find. I get through all the steps and go to do the final restart and nothing has changed except I now have the new font accessible in Word. I'd really like to be able to use...
  7. Difficulty changing default font

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. email change difficulties

in Windows 10 Customization
    email change difficulties: how to create new primary email alias when old email is not valid/not working and I cannot be used for contact purposes for verification of the new email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-change-difficulties/8c7f809a-5e96-4598-9a4d-9916f36139ab
  9. Difficulty changing to a new email address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Difficulty changing to a new email address: I have a new email address and want to change my old Microsoft email address. I understand I have to create a new alias, then delete my old email address and then make the new alias the primary one. The screen headed ''ADD AN ALIAS'' gives 2 options. Create a new email...
  10. changing difficulty level

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing difficulty level: My pc always had the option to change the difficulty level in the solitare collection.Now I can't change them. what is wrong. I want that option back please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-difficulty-level/937ab221-fffa-4d02-9212-5817ec7d82af