Windows 10: Difficulty changing windows to my new SSD

Discus and support Difficulty changing windows to my new SSD in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So basically my computer takes a really long time to open, like very long, like it will take 2 minutes to get to the password page and then once I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jaybe3x7, Jun 1, 2023.

1. Jaybe3x7 Win User

Difficulty changing windows to my new SSD

So basically my computer takes a really long time to open, like very long, like it will take 2 minutes to get to the password page and then once I enter my password it takes maybe 10 minutes for my computer to function normally. The only apps I set to open automatically via task manager is Discord and Steam, and for those 10 minutes everything takes a long time to load. I told myself, maybe it’s my hardrive that takes so long to load. I looked up solutions online and I saw buying an SSD would probably help. So I bought a WB_Black SN770 1tb, I used Macrium Reflect to transfer everything from my

:)

Jaybe3x7, Jun 1, 2023
  2. JhakeSong Win User

Difficulties installing a new SSD

Hi RalphBrands,

Thank you for reaching back. I am sorry to hear that the steps didn't work for you. Let's try the following steps to see if this solves the issue.

It's possible that the drive has write protection, (If the drive has write protection, we can't do changes to it.) we can try to remove it by running these commands:

1) Press the Win+R keys on your keyboard to open the Run box.

2) Type diskpart -> press Enter to run it.

3) Inside the diskpart environment -> type and run each of these commands by pressing Enter.

4) Type list disk -> press Enter.

5) Identify your SSD in the list -> type select disk X -> press Enter (where X is the name of your SSD).

6) Run the command attributes disk clear readonly.

7) Wait for the process to complete

Next is to attempt to format your new SSD inside Diskpart

Run the commands in order below:

1) list disk

2) select disk n (n is the disk number you wish to format)

3) clean

4) create partition primary

5) format fs=ntfs quick

6) assign letter=x (x is the drive letter you wish the assign for the drive)

Hope this helps. Let me know so I can further assist you. Have a great day!

JhakeSong, Jun 1, 2023
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Changing administrator for new windows 10 laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To change the Account type follow the steps.

• Press Windows + X, click on User Accounts.

• Click on change your account type.

• Select standard account.

To delete the account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Select the user account.

• Click on Delete the account.

To create the new user account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Click on Add A new user in PC setting.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jun 1, 2023
  4. Vario Win User

Difficulty with new build

Hello.

I just built a new computer with a Biostar NF4 SLI Mobo, a MSI ATI X800XL, 2x512 Mushkin Ram, 80 GB SATA Samsung HDD.

Computer had a lot of difficulty after a fresh reformat and install of windows. Lots of difficulty with drivers, for example, mouse fails to work occasionally after boot. The main problem I am experiencing is the Videocard fails to take any catalyst drivers. After an install of the latest drivers, I get a CLI.exe error, and the catalyst control center fails to load (which it should load every windows boot) Windows is up to date.

The error is as follows:
    CLI.exe - Application error:
    The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application.

Any suggestions? I am wondering about compatibility between this particular motherboard and the video card.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:

Ran DXDIAG. According to direct x, I am running an x800gto. Should it say x800xl? Is it possible a prior owner (this is a possibly refurb. ebay purchase) flashed the card wrong? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Vario, Jun 1, 2023
Thema:

1. Difficulty changing windows to my new SSD - Similar Threads - Difficulty changing SSD

2. Change my local disk old ssd to new ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change my local disk old ssd to new ssd: Hello this month i want to buy new 1tb Nvme m.2 and My laptop is Rog Strix G17. I already see the Motherboard and there's 2 slot SSD 2280. One already use is 500Gb. And one more is empty. And my Question is when i insert new ssd, can i change the local disk to my new nvme and...
  3. Change my local disk old ssd to new ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change my local disk old ssd to new ssd: Hello this month i want to buy new 1tb Nvme m.2 and My laptop is Rog Strix G17. I already see the Motherboard and there's 2 slot SSD 2280. One already use is 500Gb. And one more is empty. And my Question is when i insert new ssd, can i change the local disk to my new nvme and...
  4. Difficulty changing windows to my new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Difficulty changing windows to my new SSD: So basically my computer takes a really long time to open, like very long, like it will take 2 minutes to get to the password page and then once I enter my password it takes maybe 10 minutes for my computer to function normally. The only apps I set to open automatically via...
  5. Difficulty changing windows to my new SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Difficulty changing windows to my new SSD: So basically my computer takes a really long time to open, like very long, like it will take 2 minutes to get to the password page and then once I enter my password it takes maybe 10 minutes for my computer to function normally. The only apps I set to open automatically via...
  6. Difficulties installing a new SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Difficulties installing a new SSD: I recently bought a new 240GB SSD to replace an ailing hard drive. I've created an image of the old drive. I cannot get the computer a Dell laptop running Windows 10 to recognize the new drive. It does not appear in File Explorer, but does show up in Device Manager/Disk...
  7. email change difficulties

in Windows 10 Customization
    email change difficulties: how to create new primary email alias when old email is not valid/not working and I cannot be used for contact purposes for verification of the new email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-change-difficulties/8c7f809a-5e96-4598-9a4d-9916f36139ab
  8. Difficulty changing to a new email address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Difficulty changing to a new email address: I have a new email address and want to change my old Microsoft email address. I understand I have to create a new alias, then delete my old email address and then make the new alias the primary one. The screen headed ''ADD AN ALIAS'' gives 2 options. Create a new email...
  9. changing difficulty level

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing difficulty level: My pc always had the option to change the difficulty level in the solitare collection.Now I can't change them. what is wrong. I want that option back please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-difficulty-level/937ab221-fffa-4d02-9212-5817ec7d82af
  10. Difficulty changing to Windows Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Difficulty changing to Windows Mail: I'm trying to change from Windows Live Mail to Windows Mail . I've been asked to fill in details of my G. Mail account, but a sign keeps popping up saying my Gmail account settings are out of date. I've clicked on Fix My Account & changed my password, as I thought I might...