Windows 10: Difficulty in running Word 2002 successfully after reinstalling

Discus and support Difficulty in running Word 2002 successfully after reinstalling in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I uninstalled Microsoft Word 2002 from my laptop, which OS is Windows 11. After reinstalled and opening Word, a message pops up: “Word automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DCB_83, Jun 1, 2023.

1. DCB_83 Win User

Difficulty in running Word 2002 successfully after reinstalling

I uninstalled Microsoft Word 2002 from my laptop, which OS is Windows 11. After reinstalled and opening Word, a message pops up: “Word automatically saved changes to the document template. Do you want to load it?” ...No matter whether “Yes” or “no” is selected, several docs attempt to load one after the other. Shortly thereafter, Word shuts down automatically. I am at a loss as to how to correct this problem. Can anyone suggest a solution?

:)

DCB_83, Jun 1, 2023

2. Word & Printer Difficulties

Hi JoMartin1,

Please follow these steps to help you resolve your concern:

Troubleshoot the Word app.

1. Open the Word app in safe mode. Starting Word in safe mode can allow you to safely use it when it has encountered certain problems. Press Windows key + R and type this command: word /safe, and click OK.
    2. Follow the steps on the Repair an Office application article. It can automatically repair errors in
      Word files.
    3. Update the Word app. Go to File > Account > Update Options > Update Now. Installing any important recommendation and optimal updates can often correct problems by replacing out-of-date files and fixing vulnerabilities.
    4. Uninstall and reinstall the app. You may refer to this
      link

Troubleshoot the printer.

1. Run the Printer troubleshooter. Open settings> Troubleshoot> Printer> Run the troubleshooter> Restart the device.
    2. Update the printer driver. Select Device Manager. Expand Printers,
      find your printer in the list, right-click (or press and hold) it, then select Update Driver.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Raymond Ave, Jun 1, 2023
  3. Activesync 4.5 install corrupted Word 2002 in XP

Did you tray again...?

If the same problem comes back you can reinstall/fix Word 2002

Johan van Mierlo, Jun 1, 2023
  4. Jo747 Win User

Word 2002 on Windows 10

Hi I'm currently using the somewhat ancient Word 2002 on my laptop. (running on Windows 7)

I don't have Microsoft Office - just Word.

Will this version of Word still function if I upgrade to Windows 10?

I'm reluctant to have a free upgrade if it ends up costing me to sort out word /my printer/my photo software - all of which are old versions!

Jo747, Jun 1, 2023
Thema:

1. Difficulty in running Word 2002 successfully after reinstalling - Similar Threads - Difficulty running Word

2. Word 2002

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word 2002: I am using Word 2002 in Windows 10. It has worked great but yesterday the "Spell Check" function disappeared. Nothing new was installed or downloaded other than Windows 10 updates that does so automatically. How do I get Spell Check back? If this requires reinstallation of...
  3. Word 2002

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word 2002: I am using Word 2002 in Windows 10. It has worked great but yesterday the "Spell Check" function disappeared. Nothing new was installed or downloaded other than Windows 10 updates that does so automatically. How do I get Spell Check back? If this requires reinstallation of...
  4. Word 2002

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Difficulty in running Word 2002 successfully after reinstalling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difficulty in running Word 2002 successfully after reinstalling: I uninstalled Microsoft Word 2002 from my laptop, which OS is Windows 11. After reinstalled and opening Word, a message pops up: “Word automatically saved changes to the document template. Do you want to load it?” ...No matter whether “Yes” or “no” is selected, several docs...
  6. No OS now after reinstall was successful

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No OS now after reinstall was successful: HELP I JUST BARELY DID A CUSTOM REINSTALL. I TURNED MY PC ON RIGHT NOW AND I GOT AN ERROR 1962 NO OPERATING SYSTEM FOUND PRESS ANY KEY TO REPEAT BOOT SEQUENCE. THE BOOT SEQUENCE SEEMS TO BE AN ORDER I HAVE NO USB DRIVES ATTACHED NOTHING IN THE DVD. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO...
  7. Word & Printer Difficulties

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Word & Printer Difficulties: Had the laptop & printer for a month. Everything's been working fine. Yesterday afternoon, creating a document in Word, when requested that it print, received the message that there is no printer installed. Wrong! Had been printing all morning just fine, just not in Word....
  8. Microsoft 2002 Word SP3 App

Microsoft 2002 Word SP3 App: it used to work in win 7, not now. problems opening and saving files dialog boxes to ask for original disk That was 13 years ago, give me a break! Or was it just a clever ruse to get me to update to an OS that doesn't support my present Win 7 apps? 17699
  9. Word 2002 & Compatibility Pack

Word 2002 & Compatibility Pack: I am running Windows 10 on an HP Pavilion desktop computer. Iupgraded from Windows 7. I installed Outlook 2013 before that upgrade andwas using Microsoft Word 2002 as my word processing software. Everythingworked fine before the Windows 10 up grade. Now if I try to open a...
  10. Microsoft Word 2002 and Windows 10

Microsoft Word 2002 and Windows 10: I have an HP Pavilion Slimline s5704y and Windows 7. I've been using Microsoft Word 2002 and am wondering what happens if I upgrade to Windows 10. Does anyone have experience with this? Will I still be able to open my old documents? Thank you for any help. 46681