Windows 10: Difficulty installing Latest Cumulative Update KB45406730

Discus and support Difficulty installing Latest Cumulative Update KB45406730 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Tried to download & install this latest UD but got Error 0x80004005 each time I tried, any assistance? Thanks George... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GeorgeKatonivualiku, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Difficulty installing Latest Cumulative Update KB45406730

Tried to download & install this latest UD but got Error 0x80004005 each time I tried, any assistance?

Thanks George

:)

GeorgeKatonivualiku, Mar 10, 2020

2. Windows 10 - Some parts of the UI not working after the latest cumulative update

I'm running Windows 10 build 18362.295. Last day i checked for updates and installed the available cumulative update including the OS security updates. After the installation of these updates i started facing the below issues which happens often (sometime everything is working properly)

• Some parts of the GUI (on every window) is not working
    • I'm not able to use my touchpad gesture controls
    • Not able to click task bar icons, start button or anything on my task bar
    • It automatically triggers right click

I tried these methods to solve the issue:

• Tried uninstalling the latest cumulative updates, visiting Installed updates. But it is not showing uninstall option. I also tried the command line method but that too didn't work.
    • I ran these commands and restarted my PC,

As per View update history i have,

As per Installed Updates

I'm able to do all UI interaction using only keyboard, but not able to do the same using my external mouse or touch pad. As already mentioned these issues started after the recent updates. I tried searching google, but no where i found any useful information or problem similar to this.

Update

As pointed out by @john, i was not on the latest build. So i checked for updates again and installed updates.

Now the View Update History window shows this,

And Installed Updates window shows this,

I'm now on the latest build 18362.329

Mr Employee, Mar 10, 2020
  3. Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3156387) will not install

Anyone else having problems getting the Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3156387) installed? This update has been failing for me & doing a failed to update after downloading & reboot, then rebooting & removing the update.

V 10.0 build 10240

broken pixel, Mar 10, 2020
  4. Difficulty installing Latest Cumulative Update KB45406730

I MANUALLY installed Cumulative Update KB3185614 SUCCESSFULLY but Windows continues to try to install SAME update

Hi,

There may be some corrupted files in the update even if it was successfully installed. Because of this, Windows prompts you to reinstall the it.

To resolve the issue, we suggest uninstalling the update. Please follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel and click on Programs.
    • In the Programs tab, select View installed updates under
      Programs and Features. You will be directed to the Uninstall an update page.
    • From the list of updates, right-click on Cumulative Update KB3185614 and select
      uninstall.

Windows will eventually reinstall this update since it will be missing.

If the issue will persist, you may run the Windows Update Troubleshooter tool. This tool automatically fixes problems with Windows Update.

Let us know how it goes.

JohnRod Nav, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

Difficulty installing Latest Cumulative Update KB45406730

1. Difficulty installing Latest Cumulative Update KB45406730 - Similar Threads - Difficulty installing Latest

2. Desktop refuses to download/install latest cumulative H2 update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Desktop refuses to download/install latest cumulative H2 update?: any idea how I can overcome this? I also tried manually downloading and installing from microsoft catalog, but to no avail. 181805
  3. Desktop refuses to download/install latest cumulative H2 update?

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop refuses to download/install latest cumulative H2 update?: any idea how I can overcome this? I also tried manually downloading and installing from microsoft catalog, but to no avail. 181805
  4. Difficulty integrating Cumulative Update into 20H2 image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Difficulty integrating Cumulative Update into 20H2 image: I realize that there is probably an extremely small audience that actually does this, but has anyone been able to successfully integrate the latest Windows 10 20H2 updates into their ISO images? For some reason, when I do so, if I try to install Windows from that media I get...
  5. Cannot install the latest Cumulative Update (Windows 10 1909)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot install the latest Cumulative Update (Windows 10 1909): Hello everyone, I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1909 and I like to keep my system up to date so I regularly check for updates. The latest cumulative update, KB4535996, was delivered to my system. I tried installing it and it works until after I restart. Once I restart, it says "We...
  6. Difficulty Updating to latest Windows 10...

Difficulty Updating to latest Windows 10...: This was my previous problem months ago > https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/urgent-recent-windows-10-update/8bc971f7-e6f1-4b93-838d-df02e2a7b31c I have difficulty updating my laptop to the latest windows 10 because when I update, I'm unable to sign in on...
  7. Difficulty to login after latest Windows 10 update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Difficulty to login after latest Windows 10 update: Since the last windows 10 update on 10 Oct 2019 - I'm using windows version 1903 - I am having difficulty to login. After boot, I hit the space bar to bring up the login screen and then enter my login password and hit enter - only one black dot is shown in the login entry...
  8. Latest Cumulative Updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latest Cumulative Updates: Since KB4512941 and KB4511555 update yesterday i noticed the reset option in the advance option on most of the windows apps the details do not display correctly. [ATTACH]...
  9. Latest cumulative update

Latest cumulative update: KB4340917 (OS Build 17134.191) will not update and is causes many problems on my PC such as opening up setting and trying to log off. All freeze up. Tried troubleshooting and nothing changed same thing....
  10. Bluetooth Broke with install of latest Cumulative Update to W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Broke with install of latest Cumulative Update to W10: After (finally) installing the latest released Cumulative update on my HP Pavilion dv7, Bluetooth no longer functions properly. Playing Music via Bluetooth to my Beatbox Portable is now "choppy" sounding - behaving like my Laptop is too far away for the Bluetooth connection....
Tags: