Windows 10: Difficulty (partitions) reinstalling Windows (using a mac)

Discus and support Difficulty (partitions) reinstalling Windows (using a mac) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey everyone, I have a Lenovo Yoga and a cleanly wiped hard drive. I accidentally overwrote the drive and borked the whole thing earlier this week. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Titus_Tricipitinus, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Difficulty (partitions) reinstalling Windows (using a mac)

Hey everyone,

I have a Lenovo Yoga and a cleanly wiped hard drive. I accidentally overwrote the drive and borked the whole thing earlier this week. I cannot get my hands a Windows computer to get a recovery drive. I used this guide (https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/h...build-a-bootable-iso-from-your-macs-terminal/) to use my roommate's mac and use a usb to reinstall windows.

When trying to install, I'm met with a an error, "Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation. To install Windows, restart the installation."

Does anyone have a way to better create a recovery USB on a Mac or a workaround to this error? Thanks everyone.

submitted by /u/Titus_Tricipitinus
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Titus_Tricipitinus, Jan 8, 2021
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jan 8, 2021
  3. jheenan Win User
    reinstalling windows ten from my MAC

I upgraded to Windows 10 (Lenovo T410 Win 8) when prompted by microsoft. The upgrade seem successful but Initially the system ran very very slow and then finally BSOD error code #OxOOOO225. I tried starting in safe mode, restarting, restarting again but after forever it returns to BSOD. Now the problem. The only working computer I have is a MAC. Microsoft suggests I create a USB boot disk to reinstall Windows 10. I downloaded the ISO file on the MAC but can't find any info or tools on how to create the USB boot disk from the MAC. Any suggestions?

jheenan, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Difficulty (partitions) reinstalling Windows (using a mac)

Installing Windows Vista/7 on a GUID Partition Table

I've never tried multiple partitions so this is a shot in the dark...

At step #10, I would try setting the size parameter (it is in mebibytes) to how large you want the partition windows is installed on to be, then go ahead and install windows. This will leave the rest of the drive raw instead of consuming it into the OS partition (C drive). Once you successfully boot into Windows, you should be able to use Computer Management -> Disk Management to create partitions in the raw space.

If you really wanted to do it with diskpart before Windows is installed, you basically repeat the following lines making sure to specify a size if you don't want it to consume all remaining space:
    • create partition primary size=size in mebibytes here
    • format quick fs=ntfs label="appropriate name here"
    • assign letter=C thru Z here
    Obviously, you can use quick formatting or leave it out for full format. Leave off the size parameter when you reach the final partition that should consume all the remaining space. Also remember that the order you do this in goes from the outside of the disk (where it is fastest) to the inside of the disk (where it is slowest). Because of this, it is recommended to put EFI (e.g. size=300), then MSR (e.g. size=300), then Windows (e.g. size=30000), then Applications (e.g. size=70000), then Storage (e.g. no size parameter).

If I'm right, the above example would look like this:
    • diskpart
    • list disk
    • select disk <id>
    • online disk
    • attributes disk clear readonly
    • clean
    • convert gpt
    • create partition efi size=300
    • create partition msr size=300
    • create partition primary size=30000
    • format fs=ntfs label="Windows"
    • assign letter=C
    • create partition primary size=70000
    • format fs=ntfs label="Applications"
    • assign letter=D
    • create partition primary
    • format fs=ntfs label="Storage"
    • assign letter=E
    • exit

FordGT90Concept, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Difficulty (partitions) reinstalling Windows (using a mac)

1. Difficulty (partitions) reinstalling Windows (using a mac) - Similar Threads - Difficulty partitions reinstalling

2. How to reinstall Windows with a Mac

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to reinstall Windows with a Mac: To cut a long story short detailed in my previous post https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/im-trapped-on-automatic-repair-because-i-forgot-my/7ca76729-6ca9-4586-9b5f-43ac02dde050 I have been fully locked out of my laptop due to some software...
  3. How to reinstall Windows with a Mac

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall Windows with a Mac: To cut a long story short detailed in my previous post https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/im-trapped-on-automatic-repair-because-i-forgot-my/7ca76729-6ca9-4586-9b5f-43ac02dde050 I have been fully locked out of my laptop due to some software...
  4. How to reinstall Windows with a Mac

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Difficulty importing all Contact details from Mac Pro

Difficulty importing all Contact details from Mac Pro: Hi everyone, I've recently purchased an HP Elitebook and am trying to load all of my Contacts into the 'People' section in Outlook. The number is less than on the Mac and the details aren't showing. I'm struggling to understand what I need to do, can anyone help me please?...
  6. Reinstall Bitdefender for Mac |

in Windows 10 Support
    Reinstall Bitdefender for Mac |: First, restart your Mac in Safe Boot and after this, restart your Mac without pressing anything else and it will start in normal mode by default. Reinstall Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac from your Central account. Now, conduct a manual update by opening the main interface and...
  7. Difficulty reinstalling Windows 10

Difficulty reinstalling Windows 10: My Lenovo G50-45 laptop has failed to install Windows 10 updates for several months. Following advice, yesterday I reset the laptop to its original setting, so I am now back to Windows 8. I have been trying to reinstall Windows 10 from the Microsoft website but after...
  8. Reinstalling windows 10 to a partition

Reinstalling windows 10 to a partition: I currently have a 500GB SSD with windows 10 on and programs, games and such but I also have a 4TB HDD for larger games and other stuff. What I want to do is uninstall everything on my SSD and make a partition just to put windows on and have the other part for games and...
  9. Reinstall Windows – Deleting Partitions

Reinstall Windows – Deleting Partitions: Reinstall Windows – Deleting Partitions I reinstalled an online Windows 10 and first deleted all old partitions in the process. As I have been told, when I first purchased my PC, there is a partition on it that includes the factory version of Windows to use if required....
  10. Difficulty in managing 4 partitions

in Windows 10 Support
    Difficulty in managing 4 partitions: Hello all. I'm currently using Windows 10 and have a 1TB hard disk. It has been divided into 4 parts. One for OS, another for it's drivers, and the rest 2 primary partitions for media storage. Now, I need to install Ubuntu as well and I'm not sure how to go about it. I...