Windows 10: difficulty printing to samsung scx-5935fn printer

Discus and support difficulty printing to samsung scx-5935fn printer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi all my wife is opening a nonprofit and the prior building owners left their samsung printer scx-5935. The online manual is..interesting. That being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by johny3, Apr 7, 2021.

1. johny3 Win User

difficulty printing to samsung scx-5935fn printer

hi all
    my wife is opening a nonprofit and the prior building owners left their samsung printer scx-5935. The online manual is..interesting.
    That being said I have tried two different set ups.

1. printer connected to desktop pc whose connection is wifi. This PC can print to the printer fine. However, sharing it does not seem to work and I ran into issues with logins that do not work etc. We can go that route if that better.

2. printer connected to the the nearby wifi extender. This is a linksys extender re 7000. Everything on the network can see the printer as a network device but nothing can print to it.

the pc is running windows 10 latest update (I can post the exact version number when at the office in the morning)

I can provide any other information desired of course. I will be back at the office in the AM
    the desire is for anything on the network to print to the pc. since this PC does NOT have wifi and the office is NOT wired for ethernet, options are limited. If needed I can run ethernet but would like to avoid it.
    thank you!

:)

johny3, Apr 7, 2021
  2. LemP Win User

Samsung SCX-2405W printer won't printer from computer

The most likely reason is that your printer is "connected" to your computer via wi-fi and your router has assigned a new IP address to the computer. First, however, rule out a general printer failure by printing some test report using the printer's front
    panel controls. See your User Guide for details.

By default, wireless printers are configured to obtain an IP address automatically from your router. The problem is that the Windows printing system very rarely is capable of determining if a printer's IP address has changed after installation. This
    results in print jobs continuing to be sent to the old IP address and because there is no longer a printer at that address, the print jobs just disappear.

Diagnose as follows.

A. Determine the IP address that is configured in Windows

1. Go to Devices and Printers, right-click on the icon for your printer, and select "Printer properties"
    2. On the "Ports" tab, look at the line that is checked and highlighted for the IP address; you probably will have to click and drag on the faint vertical line in the header row between "Port" and "Description" in order to see the entire IP address.
    3. Cancel out of Printer properties at this point

B. Determine the IP address that is configured on the printer

1. Do this using the printer's front panel controls.
    2. For the SCX-340xW series

difficulty printing to samsung scx-5935fn printer 7defbc30-bc61-43af-b696-a56389cb089b?upload=true.png

If the IP address reported on the printer's network configuration page is not the same as the IP address shown in the "Printer properties" dialog on your computer, follow the directions below. Otherwise, Reply here for more help. Include the IP address
    information from both sources in your Reply.

I couldn't find any reference to a Samsung SCX-2405W printer. Do you perhaps have an SCX-3405W? See

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/samsung-scx-3405-laser-multifunction-printer-series/17157049/how-to

Because you have an All-in-One device, it may be simplest to uninstall and reinstall the printer in order to be sure that both the printing and scanning functions will work. See

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/samsung-scx-3405-laser-multifunction-printer-series/17157049/document/c05578283

If your scanner still works, however, you can shorten the procedure:

1. Go to Devices and Printers, right-click on the printer's icon, and "Remove device"
    2. Click the link at the top of the Devices and Printers window to "Add a printer"
    3. Click "Add a network, wireless, or Bluetooth printer," wait until your wireless printer is detected, and complete the wizard.

LemP, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Samsung SCX-2405W printer won't printer from computer

For some reason my Samsung SCX-3405W printer suddenly quit printing from my computer. Why?

JuneHatfield, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Mean Jim Win User

Samsung SCX-4100 Printer - Getting Working (Scanning + Printing) with Windows 10

I was able to get my SCX-4100 working on a clean install. The only thing you need is the scanner driver, but it seems this file is not available on Samsung's support site. Windows 10 will install the Samsung Universal Print Driver 3 when you connect the
    printer, which works for printing. I had the Windows 7 scanner driver on my backup drive. The file name is SCX-4100_Win7_Scan.exe, and it installs and works just fine in Windows 10. Install the SmarThru software and use it for scanning.

At the time of this post, no downloads are available at all on the Samsung US website, but the SmarThru software is available on the Samsung UK website (http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/SCX-4100).

Mean Jim, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

1. difficulty printing to samsung scx-5935fn printer - Similar Threads - difficulty printing samsung

2. instal printer scx 3400 samsung

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    instal printer scx 3400 samsung: when i try to install cd driver for scx 3400 printer get "need admin permission".cant instal driver. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/instal-printer-scx-3400-samsung/efb48640-0a42-4405-930f-e946e9598958
  3. instal printer scx 3400 samsung

in Windows 10 Gaming
    instal printer scx 3400 samsung: when i try to install cd driver for scx 3400 printer get "need admin permission".cant instal driver. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/instal-printer-scx-3400-samsung/efb48640-0a42-4405-930f-e946e9598958
  4. instal printer scx 3400 samsung

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. difficulty printing on shared printer

difficulty printing on shared printer: After win 10 update we face difficulty printing on shared printer in small network. Errors 0x0000011b and 0x000004005 erupts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/difficulty-printing-on-shared-printer/2ac50354-136d-4482-8649-d5abea406470
  6. Difficulty printing documents

Difficulty printing documents: I cannot print documents because the validation fails. How do I correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/difficulty-printing-documents/6254887b-92d9-4c3b-9f10-738884731693
  7. SAMSUNG SCX-4600 PRINTER DRIVER

SAMSUNG SCX-4600 PRINTER DRIVER: Dear Sir /Madam, I would like to ask a working version of my printer for Windows 10 Pro. It was working correctly until the latest Windows update to OS build: 19362.116. >>> error-0x000007d1 The printer working OK on KUBUNTU Linux OS, but not on Windows OS... Thank...
  8. Windows 10 can't install Samsung SCX-4100 Series Multifunction Printer softwar to scan.

Windows 10 can't install Samsung SCX-4100 Series Multifunction Printer softwar to scan.: I have a Samsung SCX-4100 Series Multifunction Printer, once I cable connected it to my Windows 10 computer, it can print. But windows 10 can't install Samsung SCX-4100 Series software. My questions are 1. How I can install this old Software to my Windows 10 Computer? 2....
  9. Samsung SCX 3400 Issue upon Microsoft Update

Samsung SCX 3400 Issue upon Microsoft Update: Hi, I had updated my laptop and encountered the issues below with my printer. -Unable to print but unable to scan -Issue occurs when trying to scan. We have performed the instructions but with no luck. [ATTACH]...
  10. Samsung SCX-4500 printer work on upgrade but not fresh install

Samsung SCX-4500 printer work on upgrade but not fresh install: I upgrades to Win 10 the the above network/wireless printer worked fine. I've now done a fresh install and it doesn't! The scanning function works but trying to print produces an error. I've been advised by Samsung support that their driver doesn't support Win 10 and that...