Windows 10: Difficulty reactivating windows on my new personally built PC

Discus and support Difficulty reactivating windows on my new personally built PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I am having trouble transferring and activating my previous Windows 10 operating system on my old PC onto my new PC that I just built. I verified... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JasonY., Nov 11, 2019.

1. JasonY. Win User

Difficulty reactivating windows on my new personally built PC

Hi,

I am having trouble transferring and activating my previous Windows 10 operating system on my old PC onto my new PC that I just built. I verified that the Windows 10 operating system is retail and I do believe that it is currently linked to my Microsoft Account. However, whenever I follow the steps online to go through the Settings --> Update and Security --> Activation --> Troubleshoot --> "I changed hardware on this device recently", I can't see my new PC on the available devices for me to reactive Windows 10 on. I have also signed into my Microsoft account on the new PC.

I signed into my Microsoft account on the website and I saw that the new PC's computer name is in my devices category, but I still can't see it pop up on the new PC when I try to activate Windows 10 through the settings menu.

I have also used the slmgr.vbs /dlv command to verify that my current Windows 10 operating system is a Retail version as opposed to an OEM version.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciate. Thank you in advance.

JasonY

:)

JasonY., Nov 11, 2019
  2. Vario Win User

Difficulty with new build

Hello.

I just built a new computer with a Biostar NF4 SLI Mobo, a MSI ATI X800XL, 2x512 Mushkin Ram, 80 GB SATA Samsung HDD.

Computer had a lot of difficulty after a fresh reformat and install of windows. Lots of difficulty with drivers, for example, mouse fails to work occasionally after boot. The main problem I am experiencing is the Videocard fails to take any catalyst drivers. After an install of the latest drivers, I get a CLI.exe error, and the catalyst control center fails to load (which it should load every windows boot) Windows is up to date.

The error is as follows:
    CLI.exe - Application error:
    The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application.

Any suggestions? I am wondering about compatibility between this particular motherboard and the video card.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:

Ran DXDIAG. According to direct x, I am running an x800gto. Should it say x800xl? Is it possible a prior owner (this is a possibly refurb. ebay purchase) flashed the card wrong? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Vario, Nov 11, 2019
  3. reactivating windows after changing the pc's CPU

I am having difficulty in reactivating windows after changing the pc's CPU

Prior to the change, I linked my digital licence to my MS Account

In my MSA I can see both versions of my PC listed, once with the old CPU and once with the new CPU

If I go to activation - troubleshoot- I changed hardware on this device recently, I can only select the old PC on which to activate windows

Any help or ideas appreciated

58Spencer1, Nov 11, 2019
  4. ramy1415 Win User

reactivate windows 10 on my new pc

hello

i had windows 10 activated on my pc and it was linked to my microsoft account

but recently i changed my motherboard and processor .. so i tried to reactivate windows 10 on my new pc using the same microsoft account and following the steps

but my new pc doesn't appear on the troubleshooter to activate it instead of my old pc

it only shows the old motherboard name

can you help me please

ramy1415, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Difficulty reactivating windows on my new personally built PC - Similar Threads - Difficulty reactivating personally

2. Difficulty changing windows to my new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difficulty changing windows to my new SSD: So basically my computer takes a really long time to open, like very long, like it will take 2 minutes to get to the password page and then once I enter my password it takes maybe 10 minutes for my computer to function normally. The only apps I set to open automatically via...
  3. Built a new pc...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built a new pc...: I built a new pc my last one had windows 10 but idk if I can transfer it or activate it thats my first question ... I heard students can get it free, as I'm currently technically in school to get my diploma/GED. Does that count? Second question. Finally, I've also browsed the...
  4. Built a new pc...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Built a new pc...: I built a new pc my last one had windows 10 but idk if I can transfer it or activate it thats my first question ... I heard students can get it free, as I'm currently technically in school to get my diploma/GED. Does that count? Second question. Finally, I've also browsed the...
  5. Built a new pc...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Not able to reactive my windows on new PC

Not able to reactive my windows on new PC: So new activated Windows key came with a PC I bought in 2016 but in 2017 I builded a new PC and I was able to move Windows from the old PC to my new one. However, yesterday I builded again a new PC, but for some reason I can't reactive it on this PC like before? It is still...
  7. New Pc, Reactivate Windows

New Pc, Reactivate Windows: I just built a new pc for the first time today. It needs to activate windows, following the rabbit hole I guess I need to find my license key again. I had Win 7 on first pc, we bought an SSD a few months ago, I bought win 10 from the online store. We put the SSD in my new...
  8. Windows 10 Reactivation On New PC

Windows 10 Reactivation On New PC: Under activation on Win 10 it's shown " Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your microsoft account ". My question is: If i sell this pc and Buy a new one can i use the same product key on it ? What is the proper process ?...
  9. Difficulty Reactivating Windows After Replacing Motherboard

Difficulty Reactivating Windows After Replacing Motherboard: Hello, I've had to replace my motherboard and CPU after a catastrophic power failure. After reinstalling Windows (unfortunately, I had to reformat the drives in the process), I am unable to activate it. I tried troubleshooting the activation and selecting the old...
  10. I can't reactivate windows on my new PC.

I can't reactivate windows on my new PC.: I just built a new PC (though with my old hard drives reused) and apparently my Windows has been deactivated due to the hardware change. However when I try to reactivate it I get error code 0Xc004F025. I tried troubleshooting and selecting "I recently changed hardware on this...