Windows 10: Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) muting other apps and causing youtube videos to not work....

Discus and support Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) muting other apps and causing youtube videos to not work.... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ever since the switch from studio one 3 to studio one 4, every time I have it open it stops spotify from playing songs, youtube videos just come up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JamesMiddleton2, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) muting other apps and causing youtube videos to not work....

Ever since the switch from studio one 3 to studio one 4, every time I have it open it stops spotify from playing songs, youtube videos just come up with an error and streamlabs obs doesn't pick up any desktop audio. (I stream me making music). This is extremely annoying as sometimes I will listen to things as inspiration and I can't without first shutting down studio one. Does anyone know how to fix this???

:)

JamesMiddleton2, Nov 5, 2018

2. Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) muting other apps and causing youtube videos to not work. How do i fix this?

Ever since the switch from studio one 3 to studio one 4, every time I have it open it stops spotify from playing songs, youtube videos just come up with an error and streamlabs obs doesn't pick up any desktop audio. (I stream me making music). This is
    extremely annoying as sometimes I will listen to things as inspiration and I can't without first shutting down studio one. Does anyone know how to fix this???

JamesMiddleton2, Nov 6, 2018
  3. next windows 10 update AUDIO VIDEO UPDATE

i want to see an audio video update. for example an update to windows movie maker. why not build skype into it. also why not create a microsoft daw software a digital audio workstation. name it windows daw. ied love to see windows media player
    get overhalled as well. also add an HTML EDITOR.

shawngaudier_01, Nov 6, 2018
  4. PMP8498 Win User

Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) muting other apps and causing youtube videos to not work....

Digital Audio (HDMI) is permanently muted.

I do not hear audio from my PC speakers or TV speakers when connected from the PC (EliteBook 2540P) via HDMI to the TV when using Skype, also cannot hear audio (mic works) on a WebEx - keep in mind this is an HP laptop using DisplayPort with an HDMI converter.
    Speakers work fine for other applications and I can output audio to TV if it is YouTube or other videos with the same DisplayPort to HDMI connection.

I have the IDT High Definition Audio Codec installed, v. 10.0.10240.16384. Intel(R) HD Graphics driver, v. 8.15.10.2900. Windows 10.

The IDT HD Sound Audio Control Panel lets me control all of the parameters with the exception of the Digital Audio (HDMI) selection which is Muted (red button) and will not let me unmute.

This is the first time trying Skype and WebEx on this PC so I cannot relate this issue to previous codecs or versions.

Any ideas how to get Digital Audio (HDMI) enabled?

PMP8498, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) muting other apps and causing youtube videos to not work....

1. Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) muting other apps and causing youtube videos to not work.... - Similar Threads - Digital Audio Workstation

2. Windows 10 Audio only mutes when all other audio sources are muted.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Audio only mutes when all other audio sources are muted.: Whenever I mute an app in Windows 10, the audio will still play as long as another app has audio playing. The YouTube video below shows me muting Minecraft, which will stay muted until I start the sound test for my headset.https://youtu.be/bKjd_Mi2rhsThe same issue happens if...
  3. why does windows not have a digital audio workstation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does windows not have a digital audio workstation?: why does windows not have a digital audio workstation, apple devices get great driver support and are supplied with garageband. I want my windows devices and android devices to have a digital audio workstation, I feel sad that only my apple mac has a native music recording...
  4. why does windows not have a digital audio workstation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does windows not have a digital audio workstation?: why does windows not have a digital audio workstation, apple devices get great driver support and are supplied with garageband. I want my windows devices and android devices to have a digital audio workstation, I feel sad that only my apple mac has a native music recording...
  5. When I disable autoplay videos, the volume on YouTube is muted.

When I disable autoplay videos, the volume on YouTube is muted.: If I click on a link with a video in it, the default volume would automatically default to 100% for each video, waking up the entire house. After searching, I was told by websites to go to "Site settings" and disable autoplay videos. I did, but now I get no sound on anything....
  6. Audio muted in other apps while using bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio muted in other apps while using bluetooth headphones: I have a W11 issue started with W10 and over a year ago, HP laptop. I have it connected to Bluetooth headphones or earbuds that have a microphone. This has happened with multiple devices: Samsung buds, Marley headphones, MPOW headphones, all wireless and with mic.The...
  7. Audio muted in other apps while using bluetooth headphones

Audio muted in other apps while using bluetooth headphones: I have a W11 issue started with W10 and over a year ago, HP laptop. I have it connected to Bluetooth headphones or earbuds that have a microphone. This has happened with multiple devices: Samsung buds, Marley headphones, MPOW headphones, all wireless and with mic.The...
  8. How to run audio from DAW and other programs (even YouTube) simultaneously?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to run audio from DAW and other programs (even YouTube) simultaneously?: Running Studio One Professional 4.6 through an Audient iD14. If I click onto another window it stops any audio coming from my DAW and vice verse. How do I avoid this? submitted by /u/RaisingTheBarrStudio [link] [comments]...
  9. Sound doesn't work for YouTube and other videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound doesn't work for YouTube and other videos: Since the update a few months ago, my sound does not work for YouTube and some other videos. It works for anything on my computer. Settings all show not muted. Sound meter shows volume is turned up. Sound drivers have been updated. Troubleshooter not detecting problem....
  10. Chrome, YouTube video Audio stutters.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chrome, YouTube video Audio stutters.: Hello YouTube audio(only) started to stutter quite frequently maybe around the time when flash stopped being supported ? Idk what to do and how to fix it. I have tried to change the audio Hz in my settings and switching off the acceleration thing but nothing helps it....