Windows 10: digital certificate not showing

Discus and support digital certificate not showing in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, im using windows 10-64bit and Chrome 75. I have a series of personal digital certificates loaded, I can see them in under "Personal" in the window... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GS-toshiba laptop, Jul 4, 2019.

1. digital certificate not showing

Hi, im using windows 10-64bit and Chrome 75. I have a series of personal digital certificates loaded, I can see them in under "Personal" in the window "internet options/ content/ certs" and in "mmc/ certificates/ personal" but they do not show in "certmgr/ personal".

Why might this be?

When I visit some sites which has for a digital certificate, some pages think I do not have a certificate installed. I guess something must be corrupted.

:)

GS-toshiba laptop, Jul 4, 2019

2. what are the necessary digital certificates for windows 10 ?

Hi , does anyone know what are the necessary (real necessity) digital certificates in the Root CA and Intermediate CA for windows 10 ? i have a new windows 10 machine, and there is a full list of digital certificates inside. Most of them are not intuitive
    (it just says "for application" ) -> i would like to remove, most, if not all of them in the RCA and ICA list.

if any Microsoft support is reading this , is there a detailed write-up and documentation , on what each cert does, and why is it necessary ?

puzzled123_456, Jul 4, 2019
  3. Problem with digital certificates since Anniversary Update

HI
    Since performing the Anniversary Update 3 days ago, I have been unable to access my digital certificates used for identification and signing emails.

When I try to access a site that I need the certificate for, I now get the message that no certificate has been received and in Windows Live Mail, the Signature icon is greyed out and I can't sign the emails. Everything worked fine on Thursday, a few hours before the update and the same certificates work correctly on my wife's Windows 7 machine.

The certificates all appear correct in the Certificate Store.

Anyone have any ideas, please?

Thanks

Dave

Edit. I have just spent an hour checking the certificates and their locations. These are all correct, so I assume that the system is looking for them inthe wrong place. Any suggestions. Microsoft insist it is 3 different web sites and Windows Live mail that have the problem not Windows 10, although they had no answer for why everything still works as it should under Windows 7

DaveinSpain, Jul 4, 2019
  4. digital certificate not showing

Problem with digital certificates since Anniversary Update

I have the same problem.
    Getting the digital certificate was a long process involving visiting various local government offices.
    Now for some reason when I click the link my compuer is looking in the wrong place.
    my certificate is still in the certificate store.
    There needs to be an answer to this problem.

tuckswood8, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

digital certificate not showing

1. digital certificate not showing - Similar Threads - digital certificate showing

2. Microsoft Certification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Certification: which is the best Microsoft certification to take right now for Windows 10. Most certifications am seeing on the Microsoft website looks to retire soon like ending of the month. Any idea what I can take to broaden my windows 10 knowledge...
  3. Certificate Number?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Certificate Number?: Where can I find my certificate number. Since the last update of Windows 10 last week, I no longer have access to the Microsoft suite of systems. Message displayed is 'we cannot find your certificate number, program is closing now' I have no idea where to look for the...
  4. Always On VPN certificate error with Skype certificates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Always On VPN certificate error with Skype certificates: Hi, We have an Always On VPN configured that was working great, as soon as you login it would auto connect almost instantly. Since configuring Skype for Business via Office 365 it now always prompts saying "action needed" and we have to pick the correct certificate before...
  5. Inadvertently Disclosed Digital Certificates Could Allow Spoofing

in Windows 10 News
    Inadvertently Disclosed Digital Certificates Could Allow Spoofing: Microsoft is publishing this advisory to notify customers of two inadvertently disclosed digital certificates that could be used to spoof content and to provide an update to the Certificate Trust List (CTL) to remove user-mode trust for the certificates. The disclosed root...
  6. Problems with Certificates

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problems with Certificates: When I run certutil –store, all the certificates have the same data at the end of each entry, which is:- No key provider information Cannot find the certificate and private key for decryption I don’t think that this is correct, as I believe Windows has lost the location of...
  7. downloading certificates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    downloading certificates: Windows 10. I often come across a list of certificates available for download in credential manager and internet settings. How much security do they provide? How many do I need they have different functions. I've heard how many certificates' security was compromised or fake...
  8. Problem with digital certificates since Anniversary Update

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with digital certificates since Anniversary Update: HI Since performing the Anniversary Update 3 days ago, I have been unable to access my digital certificates used for identification and signing emails. When I try to access a site that I need the certificate for, I now get the message that no certificate has been received...
  9. How to sing documents? Digital sign or certificate free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to sing documents? Digital sign or certificate free: As i say i am wirter and like to sing my documents whith digital sing ¿Are a free alternative to sing documents? 105400
  10. Microsoft Certification

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Certification: If you’ve ever thought about certification – now is the time. I think I have the best job at Microsoft as I get to help people skill up and achieve more as they embrace there own digital transformation journey, something I feel like I have been working towards my whole...