Windows 10: Digital Flat Panel driver outranks generic pnp driver, but I want to use generic pnp.

Discus and support Digital Flat Panel driver outranks generic pnp driver, but I want to use generic pnp. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use a laptop, and when I install my Intel graphics driver, Windows uses Digital Flat Panel 1024x768 60hz instead of Generic PnP, which is a problem,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Zeyta, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Zeyta Win User

Digital Flat Panel driver outranks generic pnp driver, but I want to use generic pnp.

I use a laptop, and when I install my Intel graphics driver, Windows uses Digital Flat Panel 1024x768 60hz instead of Generic PnP, which is a problem, because Generic PnP CMO1720 is more flexible than Digital Flat Panel ms_0003. There's a temporary solution, which is clean installing Windows, but once I install Intel drivers, the problem returns.

:)

Zeyta, Jun 13, 2020
  2. SamuelLV Win User

'Generic PnP monitor' issue

Hello Angelica,

I would suggest you follow steps to update the monitor driver:

Press Windows + X keys

Choose Device manager

Click on Monitors

Right click on ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and click on update driver

Tap on Browse my computer for driver software

Tap on Let me pick from a list of available drivers

Choose ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and tap on Next

When you are done please restart the computer.

SamuelLV, Jun 13, 2020
  3. What is generic pnp monitor driver?

I connect my laptop to Dell monitor, I use only 2 screen in setting but my FPS is decrease. When I disable generic pnp monitor driver, FPS is normal. Why? What is generic pnp monitor driver?

Thiên Nguyễn, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Digital Flat Panel driver outranks generic pnp driver, but I want to use generic pnp.

What is generic pnp monitor driver?

Hi,

Generic PnP monitor, as the word itself, is a general monitor driver installed in your device. It is a driver installed by the device and that component should work fine, though perhaps not as much functionality as the manufacturer's drivers.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Anne Ros, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Digital Flat Panel driver outranks generic pnp driver, but I want to use generic pnp. - Similar Threads - Digital Flat Panel

2. Generic PnP monitor driver defects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Generic PnP monitor driver defects: I have 2 Samsung monitors on my Win10 64 bit Nvidia Quattro1000 system. From the Device manager, it is impossible to tell which of the two listed drivers is driving which monitor. However, one of them has a very sticky Generic driver, which causes colour differnces between...
  3. Generic PnP monitor driver defects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Generic PnP monitor driver defects: I have 2 Samsung monitors on my Win10 64 bit Nvidia Quattro1000 system. From the Device manager, it is impossible to tell which of the two listed drivers is driving which monitor. However, one of them has a very sticky Generic driver, which causes colour differnces between...
  4. Generic PnP monitor driver defects

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Generic pnp monitor

Generic pnp monitor: I accidently unintalled the generic pnp monitor but now i need it to access a program. kindly advise on how to reinstall and enable the monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-pnp-monitor/319a110b-d138-44ca-8e7d-248a8fbdb0df
  6. Generic PnP

Generic PnP: ok so I've been gaming for a while on my Alienware Aurora R8 and I have an asus gaming monitor, and I've been going to the advanced display setting to get my 144hz but all I saw was "Generic PnP" and it was capped out at 60hz. I've looked on multiple forums and tried every...
  7. Generic PnP Monitor driver issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Generic PnP Monitor driver issue: So I have this very annoying issue where I have to use the 2006 version of the PnP Monitor driver, because updating it to the 2019 version does more harm than good. More specifically, I can no longer adjust my brightness. Does anyone have a similar issue, or a solution for...
  8. Generic PNP Monitor Drivers

Generic PNP Monitor Drivers: Want to operate Panasonic PT-L300U projector DVI input from 2017 HP laptop; a 2006 Dell PC successfully drives it. Both laptop and PC are Windows 10. Both laptop and PC drive old DVI monitor; laptop via HDMI to DVI cable; PC by DVI/DVI cable. In Device Manager when...
  9. Generic PnP Monitor

Generic PnP Monitor: I am using a Microsoft Surface Book 2 with a Surface Dock connected to an Electriq 24' 4K HDR monitor via a mini DP to HDMI adapter. I cannot get anything on the monitor to appear. I can switch from extend, duplicate and display on monitor 2 and it does nothing, aside from...
  10. Generic PNP monitor

Generic PNP monitor: Hello, I use a CAD program that apparently has a problem with my ASUS 4K monitor. Seems I've tried every which way to get Window to recognize my monitor but, all I get is . . generic PnP monitor with an old 2006 driver. I've downloaded the current monitor but, Windows...