Windows 10: Digital licence query.

Discus and support Digital licence query. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; with digital licence can ı upgrade to pro ver. ı was using it but ı had to replace pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AHMET HALITYASAROGLU, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Digital licence query.

with digital licence can ı upgrade to pro ver. ı was using it but ı had to replace pc

:)

AHMET HALITYASAROGLU, Jan 1, 2019
  2. cereberus Win User

Revoking Digital Licence -- possible ????

Digital licences are sort of half way between oem and retail. You can transfer them to a new device (regardless of original licence status) but it is not unlimited. They can only be transferred three time (At last within a short period. I have never tested doing it weeks apart). Also, digital licences cannot be transferred between virtual machines and physical machines.

Full Retail keys do not have the above restriction albeit telephone activation may be needed periodically to transfer the licence (just a security check by MS to avoid wholesale piracy).

It is alleged you cannot transfer between laptops and desktops, but I cannot verify that - I have seen conflicting evidence to suggest that is "hit or miss".

I think of digital licences as "Restricted Retail" as opposed to "Full Retail".

cereberus, Jan 1, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Digital Licences

Yes you can have more than one Digital Licence attached . . .

The Windows 10 Digital Licence is actually attached to the PC/Laptop to which it is applied.

Attaching to your Account means you own that PC/Laptop, you can attach as many PC's to your account as you wish.

Then, say if you were to sell a PC, you can remove it from your Account

DaveM121, Jan 1, 2019
  4. cereberus Win User

Digital licence query.

Linking digital licences to MS Account.

Yeah - that coiuld be the case, but when I was testing with vms, it only ever showed devices that were in your devices.

I worked out a workaround ie. use a different MS account for each licence - maybe not needed, but I can see same device with different OS now as a result.

cereberus, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

Digital licence query.

1. Digital licence query. - Similar Threads - Digital licence query

2. digital licence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    digital licence: I only my hard drive left from my original computer which is formatted - and contains I think my original digital licence -from what I understand Microsoft still has that on file ? since I have been automatically activated from win. 8 to win.10 how do I restore that as I...
  3. digital licence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    digital licence: I only my hard drive left from my original computer which is formatted - and contains I think my original digital licence -from what I understand Microsoft still has that on file ? since I have been automatically activated from win. 8 to win.10 how do I restore that as I...
  4. Digital licence understand

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Digital licence understand: I have one laptop and its showing activate windows with digital licence.But if i have digital licence activated windows then why vendor provide me windows 10 pro OEM sticker laptop back side....
  5. Digital licence

Digital licence: I have been wanting to reinstall windows from scratch and get as clean a copy as possible for some time now and I been looking into it lately. I want to try and get rid if any ghosts partitions left behind such as my old windows 7 i can bring up on startup by clicking on F8 i...
  6. Digital Licence

Digital Licence: Dear sir, I am a ninth class student, I made a computer from my local shop, which did not have original windows, can I get a digital license of Windows please. Shourya Ingley...
  7. digital licence

digital licence: I have just purchased a 2nd hand dell 9020. the copy of windows 10 is activated by a digital licence. I presume this will be linked to the previous owners Microsoft account. is there a way to swap this activation to my Microsoft account?...
  8. Digital licence

Digital licence: Hello, I have purchased a laptop and have signed in with a microsoft account the activate the windows, this is a year back. However now i have this problem of my windows edition showing i have windows pro but not activated. when i clicked the troubleshoot it tells me that i...
  9. Digital Licence

Digital Licence: How can I transfer my digitally licensed windows to my son's account as it is synced with my account and I am no longer able to use windows I would very much like to transfer my license to his account can I do that ? is there a way? please help me...
  10. digital licence

digital licence: with digital licence can ı upgrade to pro ver. ı was using it but ı had to replace pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/digital-licence/d3061a81-7cab-4a1e-965c-ee6d2bee87dc"