Windows 10: Digital licence swap between two devices?

Discus and support Digital licence swap between two devices? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello! I have two digital licences Windows 10 Home and Pro retail licence linked to my Microsoft account, both of them in use. On my desktop computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ervin Demian, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Digital licence swap between two devices?

Hello!

I have two digital licences Windows 10 Home and Pro retail licence linked to my Microsoft account, both of them in use. On my desktop computer runs the Pro version and on my laptop that I mostly use in a different city, where my University is, since my desktop computer is used at home by my parents runs the Home version.

Now, the situation is that I would need to use the remote control service during my University courses, but it's only availalble in the Pro version of the Windows. Also, my parents don't use any of the Pro version exclusive services, so I would, if I could, swap the digital license between the two of my devices. Is there a solution for my this?

P.S.: I've seen the thread linked below about a similar case, but I would need to know a pair of product keys that can't be found anywhere, because the licences are linked to my Microsoft account. At least, that's what I think.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/can-i-swap-windows-10-licenses-between-2-computers/f24f44c9-24a5-4755-9315-89dea2ef2a52

:)

Ervin Demian, Apr 9, 2020

2. digital licence

I have just purchased a 2nd hand dell 9020. the copy of windows 10 is activated by a digital licence. I presume this will be linked to the previous owners Microsoft account. is there a way to swap this activation to my Microsoft account?

StuNewnham, Apr 9, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Swap Licences between two Windows 10 computers

Hi jscott21

If either of those devices came with Windows pre-installed, then that is an OEM licence, which is locked to the original motherboard and you will be unable to swap those licences . . .

If both devices have a retail licence (purchased separately to the device) then you can swap over those licences . . .

DaveM121, Apr 9, 2020
  4. cereberus Win User

Digital licence swap between two devices?

Linking digital licences to MS Account.

Yeah - that coiuld be the case, but when I was testing with vms, it only ever showed devices that were in your devices.

I worked out a workaround ie. use a different MS account for each licence - maybe not needed, but I can see same device with different OS now as a result.

cereberus, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

Digital licence swap between two devices?

1. Digital licence swap between two devices? - Similar Threads - Digital licence swap

2. License swapped between the devices

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    License swapped between the devices: I have a digital license of Windows 10 and a laptop which came with Windows 10 pre-installedAcer Swift 3. Both these devices were linked to my single MS account. The digital license that I had bought, was using it for my Desktop. Recently I swapped the SSD of the desktop and...
  3. License swapped between the devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    License swapped between the devices: I have a digital license of Windows 10 and a laptop which came with Windows 10 pre-installedAcer Swift 3. Both these devices were linked to my single MS account. The digital license that I had bought, was using it for my Desktop. Recently I swapped the SSD of the desktop and...
  4. License swapped between the devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Swapping windows licences between computers

Swapping windows licences between computers: Hi, I just got another computer and I would like to transfer the Windows key from my old computer. On the old one, I installed OEM Windows 7 key CD box and upgraded it to Windows 10. Using cmd I checked that my Windows 10 is a retail version, but AIDA64 software showed me...
  6. Swapping MB/CPU between two PC's with digital licences

Swapping MB/CPU between two PC's with digital licences: I have two desktop PCs. One for my office, one for my Son's games. One is an 1151 socket intel CPU the other an 1150 intel. As my office machine is 25% more powerful than the games machine I want to swap over the MB/CPU/memory between them to give my Son some more power...
  7. Swap Licences between two Windows 10 computers

Swap Licences between two Windows 10 computers: Hello, I am looking to swap the licences on my laptop and desktop. Here are the current configurations: Desktop Originally came with Windows Vista Purchased & installed Windows 7 Home via 32bit DVD upgraded through Microsoft free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro Laptop...
  8. How can I swap two digital licenses between two computers

How can I swap two digital licenses between two computers: Hello there, Currently I have two notebooks with two Retail digital licenses linked to my personal account: 1) Windows 10 Pro - on my old laptop, previously updated from the Windows 7 Pro (Product key still available, but I'm not sure is it can be used after upgrading to...
  9. swap HDD between two identical machines

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    swap HDD between two identical machines: Are there any concerns swapping two SSD's running Win10 between two identical HP 840 laptops? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/swap-hdd-between-two-identical-machines/6148ce6e-409c-4261-b9c3-e8ed694638de
  10. Swapping Disks Between Two Computers

Swapping Disks Between Two Computers: For various weird reasons I have the need to swap the hard drives (SSD) between two similar Thinkpads. They are architecturally similar so I'm reasonably sure that after a few routine automatic driver updates both will run fine. Of course, at that point both will...