Windows 10: Digital license and activation Old lap to PC

Discus and support Digital license and activation Old lap to PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello all, I have a laptop L1 and a desktop PC1 setup. The problem is that my laptop was wrecked two years back and no more in use. I took out the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by soy Amit, Jul 10, 2020.

1. soy Amit Win User

Digital license and activation Old lap to PC

Hello all,

I have a laptop L1 and a desktop PC1 setup. The problem is that my laptop was wrecked two years back and no more in use. I took out the harddisk and is in use via an external cable. Now, I want to use the digital license from my old laptop to desktop by reinstalling the windows and activating it.

Is there a way to do it?

L1 - win8 to win10 free upgrade digital license, if i understand correctly from the forums

PC1 - ubuntu setup, want to change to new windows setup by adding the L1 laptop HDD and reactivate digital license.

Note : I didn't add a microsoft account to L1. =

Please suggest and help.

Thanks in advance..!! =

:)

soy Amit, Jul 10, 2020

2. Transfer digital license from old PC to New one.

You would have to first ensure the Digital License is linked to your Microsoft Account. See instructions how to do that. You can then use the Troubleshooter on the new computer after installing Windows 10 to restore the license.

Please note, if your license was upgraded from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 7 license, it is not transferable.

See:

Andre Da Costa, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Where is my digital license?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Are you trying activate Windows on another device? If yes, do you have a product key for that operating system?

If you’ve the same Microsoft account signed into multiple PCs’, your settings are synced. But, the product keys or the digital licenses are hardware specific. You cannot activate multiple PCs using a single digital license.

To find out if a digital license is linked to your Microsoft account, do the following on the activated Windows operating system:

• Open Settings and click on Update & Security.
    • Click on Activation, and on the right pane locate
      Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account.

For more information on Activation, please refer:
    Activation in Windows 10.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Digital license and activation Old lap to PC - Similar Threads - Digital license activation

2. Digital License Activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Digital License Activation: I purchased a Digital License of Windows 11 Pro and recently reset my PC while keeping the files but now that I’ve finish setting up my computer, it says I need to activate Windows. Someone help please....
  3. Digital License Activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Digital License Activation: I purchased a Digital License of Windows 11 Pro and recently reset my PC while keeping the files but now that I’ve finish setting up my computer, it says I need to activate Windows. Someone help please....
  4. Activate digital license on a new pc with no access to the old pc windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate digital license on a new pc with no access to the old pc windows 10 pro: I have recently upgraded my pc and I used the same drive to install windows on the new pc, so I have no access to the old windows installlation. On my old PC I activated windows using a digitial license and so I tried activating windows on the new pc using the digital...
  5. Activate digital license on a new pc with no access to the old pc windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate digital license on a new pc with no access to the old pc windows 10 pro: I have recently upgraded my pc and I used the same drive to install windows on the new pc, so I have no access to the old windows installlation. On my old PC I activated windows using a digitial license and so I tried activating windows on the new pc using the digital...
  6. Activate digital license on a new pc with no access to the old pc windows 10 pro

7. Windows Activated with digital license

Windows Activated with digital license: Hello,I have office 365 family then i share to my 2nd account, also i purchase a new PC.When i login to this PC using my 2nd Microsoft account, i can see my 'windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account'.So i just want to know how my windows...
  8. Digital License no activation possible after restore old PC

Digital License no activation possible after restore old PC: After switching to a new PC with Digital License, i did a system image restore from my old Windows 10 Pro Machine. Now the new PC can't be activated. The new machine has a digital license from Lenovo. I tried to install the MS provided upgrade licensekey...
  9. Digital License Activation Problem

Digital License Activation Problem: I had a activated windows 10 device which I got by upgrading from windows 8.1 to 10. I got a digital license to my account. But unfortunately I recently changed my motherboard then I tried to troubleshoot my activation to reactivate Windows 10. But I got some server error. So...
  10. Activation and digital licensing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation and digital licensing: I have a Toshiba Satellite A200 purchased with windows Vista Pre-installed. This was replaced with a purchased version of windows 7 and then with windows 8 also purchased both activated by the 25 digit product key that came with the product in the normal fashion. Windows 8...