Windows 10: Digital license cannot activate Windows 10 Pro after hardware upgrade

Discus and support Digital license cannot activate Windows 10 Pro after hardware upgrade in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I've changed my hardware recently (motherboard, CPU...). Since then, I cannot re-activate my digital license. The error code is 0x803FA067.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Melody Lucid, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Digital license cannot activate Windows 10 Pro after hardware upgrade

Hello,

I've changed my hardware recently (motherboard, CPU...). Since then, I cannot re-activate my digital license.

The error code is 0x803FA067.

Before the changes, I linked my Windows digital license with a Microsoft account (following this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12440/windows-10-activate ).

I've tried the troubleshoot section, but it fails to solve the problem ("We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later.").

Any help would be amazing !

:)

Melody Lucid, Jul 29, 2019
  2. vasjokb Win User

Windows 10 Pro Digital License

Hello,

Earlier I had Windows 10 Home installed on my PC which I activated by my digital license key.

Then I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro via Windows Store.

During upgrading I didn't receive digital license key for Windows 10 Pro.

Based on this I have the following question: when I want to perform clean installation of
    Windows 10 Pro on my laptop will I have to install Windows 10 Home firstly (with my digital license) and only then upgrade to
    Windows 10 Pro for free? Or will I be able to install Windows 10 Pro at once and activate it by my digital key of
    Windows 10 Home?

Thank you for advance.

vasjokb, Jul 29, 2019
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Jul 29, 2019
  4. gatorback Win User

Digital license cannot activate Windows 10 Pro after hardware upgrade

How does a Windows 10 'digital license' activate the OS?

source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12440/windows-10-activation

Does MS digital license 'fingerprint' hardware information during the free upgrade / activation and store it (at Microsoft) , so that the next re-install queries MS for the fingerprint and activates Windows 10?

Thought the disk drive may change, I expect that none of the other fingerprinted hardware will change.

gatorback, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

Digital license cannot activate Windows 10 Pro after hardware upgrade

1. Digital license cannot activate Windows 10 Pro after hardware upgrade - Similar Threads - Digital license cannot

2. Windows 10 Digital License Activation not working after hardware change.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Digital License Activation not working after hardware change.: Hello, I'm at my wits end here. Long story short, I've had Windows 10 Education for a few years now that I got from my college through OnTheHub and I recently did a motherboard/CPU upgrade. Before the swap, I made sure my MS account was linked to my Windows 10 digital...
  3. Hardware change. Windows activation digital license.

Hardware change. Windows activation digital license.: Basics, my Hard drive died and I had to do a fresh install of Windows, signed in with my Mircosoft account but windows won't activate. Tried the 'Assistant' gave me a call back option, Talk to an Agent "There was an error connecting you. Feel free to ask another question or...
  4. Windows activation after hardware change with a digital license

Windows activation after hardware change with a digital license: I recently upgraded my CPU and motherboard and cannot activate Windows. Before this upgrade my digital license was linked to my Microsoft account. I am logged in to my Microsoft account right now, but the troubleshooter is "Unable to activate Windows" when I select my current...
  5. Windows 10 Pro not activated after buying digital license

Windows 10 Pro not activated after buying digital license: Hello, I bought Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft store, and after it installed and rebooted, it said that I have Windows 10 Enterprise that is not activated. I tried the activation troubleshooter but I get the "Not connected to the internet" error. If I try to see the...
  6. Cannot activate digital license in Windows 10 Pro.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot activate digital license in Windows 10 Pro.: I have a Microsoft account with a Windows 10 digital license and recently I install a new motherboard and re-install a fresh Windows 10. However , once I tried signing and use the troubleshooter , I cannot find my new computer (name) list in the recent devices. I already...
  7. Windows 10 pro digital license not activating

Windows 10 pro digital license not activating: Hello, I'm upgrading my pc with a new motherboard and cpu. I've logged in with my microsoft account and didn't activated. I've gone through all troubleshoot part even the "I changed hardware on this device recently", I did find my old pc there but it keeping saying "unable to...
  8. Activating Windows 10 Pro After a Hardware Upgrade!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activating Windows 10 Pro After a Hardware Upgrade!: I followed all the steps to linking my Windows 10 Pro to my Microsoft account so that I could upgrade my hardware, reinstall Windows 10 Pro, and activate it, but it's not working. I'm signed into my Microsoft account. I tried the activation troubleshooter, selecing that I...
  9. Windows Digital License after a change of hardware

Windows Digital License after a change of hardware: Hello! Today i built a new PC where i basicly scrapped everything but my old SSD. To make sure i could use the same windows in the new build, i connected my windows license to my new account. Now in the new build i can't activate my windows account. When i troubleshoot the...
  10. Activation of Windows10 pro with digital license

in Windows 10 Customization
    Activation of Windows10 pro with digital license: I am getting continuous prompts to activate Windows10. I originally upgraded from an earlier version of Windows to Windows10 for free. Regards Thos...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12440/windows-10-activate