Windows 10: Digital license cannot activate Windows 10 Pro after hardware upgrade

Discus and support Digital license cannot activate Windows 10 Pro after hardware upgrade in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I've changed my hardware recently (motherboard, CPU...). Since then, I cannot re-activate my digital license. The error code is 0x803FA067.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Melody Lucid, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Digital license cannot activate Windows 10 Pro after hardware upgrade

Hello,

I've changed my hardware recently (motherboard, CPU...). Since then, I cannot re-activate my digital license.

The error code is 0x803FA067.

Before the changes, I linked my Windows digital license with a Microsoft account (following this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12440/windows-10-activate ).

I've tried the troubleshoot section, but it fails to solve the problem ("We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later.").

Any help would be amazing !

:)

Melody Lucid, Jul 29, 2019
  2. vasjokb Win User

Windows 10 Pro Digital License

Hello,

Earlier I had Windows 10 Home installed on my PC which I activated by my digital license key.

Then I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro via Windows Store.

During upgrading I didn't receive digital license key for Windows 10 Pro.

Based on this I have the following question: when I want to perform clean installation of
    Windows 10 Pro on my laptop will I have to install Windows 10 Home firstly (with my digital license) and only then upgrade to
    Windows 10 Pro for free? Or will I be able to install Windows 10 Pro at once and activate it by my digital key of
    Windows 10 Home?

Thank you for advance.

vasjokb, Jul 29, 2019
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Jul 29, 2019
  4. gatorback Win User

Digital license cannot activate Windows 10 Pro after hardware upgrade

How does a Windows 10 'digital license' activate the OS?

source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12440/windows-10-activation

Does MS digital license 'fingerprint' hardware information during the free upgrade / activation and store it (at Microsoft) , so that the next re-install queries MS for the fingerprint and activates Windows 10?

Thought the disk drive may change, I expect that none of the other fingerprinted hardware will change.

gatorback, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

Digital license cannot activate Windows 10 Pro after hardware upgrade

1. Digital license cannot activate Windows 10 Pro after hardware upgrade - Similar Threads - Digital license cannot

2. No activate Windows 10 pro digital license.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No activate Windows 10 pro digital license.: No activate Windows 10 pro digital license.VNX4T-BFJHJ-DKV6T-KH87X-TF4DB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-activate-windows-10-pro-digital-license/27dd9343-0506-49e4-b133-33440fa227b5
  3. Cannot Activate a Windows 10 Pro digital license.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot Activate a Windows 10 Pro digital license.: I purchased a Windows 10 Pro digital license from the Microsoft website but am unable to do anything with it at all. I installed windows 10 pro on my computer but am unable to activate it. I've logged into my Microsoft account from the settings > account menus on the...
  4. Cannot activate Windows 10 Pro after hardware change Digital Licence

Cannot activate Windows 10 Pro after hardware change Digital Licence: Hi, I have attempted to install Windows 10 clean install following a hardware change motherboard and CPU. Previous to attempting to get the new system, I had Windows 10 Pro, with my account linked to the Digital Licence. Everything I read prior to the upgrade was indicative...
  5. Windows Activation after Hardware Change for digital license

Windows Activation after Hardware Change for digital license: Hi, I bought a digital license in February 2018. After I changed my hardware once, a year ago, i've never managed to reactivate my license on this hardware. Maybe I did something wrong myself. I paid the 280 Swiss Francs for a digital license, because I know I change...
  6. Cannot activate after hardware change, used digital license before

Cannot activate after hardware change, used digital license before: Dear Microsoft Community, I've run into a frustrating problem after I switched out my motherboard, Ram and Cpu. I know that the license is normally bound to the mainboard and therefore created an digital license linked to my Microsoft Account to cope that and dont get any...
  7. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Digital License No Hardware Change

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Digital License No Hardware Change: Hi, I recently upgraded to windows 10 Pro from Home. I purchased the digital license through the Microsoft store. Immediately following the installation windows would not activate. There has been no hardware change and I am getting error code 0x803F7001....
  8. Windows activation after hardware change with a digital license

Windows activation after hardware change with a digital license: I recently upgraded my CPU and motherboard and cannot activate Windows. Before this upgrade my digital license was linked to my Microsoft account. I am logged in to my Microsoft account right now, but the troubleshooter is "Unable to activate Windows" when I select my current...
  9. Windows 10 Pro not activated after buying digital license

Windows 10 Pro not activated after buying digital license: Hello, I bought Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft store, and after it installed and rebooted, it said that I have Windows 10 Enterprise that is not activated. I tried the activation troubleshooter but I get the "Not connected to the internet" error. If I try to see the...
  10. Cannot activate digital license in Windows 10 Pro.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot activate digital license in Windows 10 Pro.: I have a Microsoft account with a Windows 10 digital license and recently I install a new motherboard and re-install a fresh Windows 10. However , once I tried signing and use the troubleshooter , I cannot find my new computer (name) list in the recent devices. I already...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot activate windows 10 after microsoft store upgrade

2. activate windows after hardware upgrade