Windows 10: Digital License is with/on the laptop I returned

Discus and support Digital License is with/on the laptop I returned in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I originally purchased a Lenovo device with Windows 10 home, i decided to return that device and went with sn HP. Well, no I'm trying to upgrade from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MariElizabethCarter, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Digital License is with/on the laptop I returned

I originally purchased a Lenovo device with Windows 10 home, i decided to return that device and went with sn HP. Well, no I'm trying to upgrade from home to pro and have already spent too much to just keep trying different stuff. I'm assuming because my digital License is tied to the Lenovo Device,i get an error tgat my new stuff isn't genuine when trying to install. Is there ANY way to get this,or giw can i fix this issue entirely?!?! Id rather not deal with Lenovo,they weren't helpul to say the least!

:)

MariElizabethCarter, Feb 7, 2021

2. Digital license

Thats how licensing works with Windows 10, the digital license is attached to your Microsoft Account and makes it easy to reactivate Windows 10 in the event you reinstall it.

Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Feb 7, 2021
  3. JimWynne Win User
    OEM digital license

What does your thread title (OEM Digital License) mean?

JimWynne, Feb 7, 2021
  4. Digital License is with/on the laptop I returned

Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

Digital License is with/on the laptop I returned [​IMG]

MCardona81, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

Digital License is with/on the laptop I returned

1. Digital License is with/on the laptop I returned - Similar Threads - Digital License laptop

2. Digital license secondhand laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Digital license secondhand laptop: Bought a laptop secondhand with activated windows 10 linked to his microsoft account. Can't figure out how to change the license to my account if it's at all possible. I want his information off of here. Somehow we're both signed in as admins....
  3. Digital license secondhand laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Digital license secondhand laptop: Bought a laptop secondhand with activated windows 10 linked to his microsoft account. Can't figure out how to change the license to my account if it's at all possible. I want his information off of here. Somehow we're both signed in as admins....
  4. Digital license secondhand laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Transfer digital license to new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer digital license to new laptop: Hi, I purchased a laptop with Windows 11 Home preinstalled. I have a digital license for Windows 10 pro on an old PC. I would like to transfer the Pro license to the new laptop - either Windows 10 pro or Windows 11 pro. How do I transfer the digital License?Thank you!!...
  6. Transfer digital license to new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer digital license to new laptop: Hi, I purchased a laptop with Windows 11 Home preinstalled. I have a digital license for Windows 10 pro on an old PC. I would like to transfer the Pro license to the new laptop - either Windows 10 pro or Windows 11 pro. How do I transfer the digital License?Thank you!!...
  7. Reimaging Laptops - Digital License

Reimaging Laptops - Digital License: If I was to create an image and use it for multiple laptops would it retain the license from the original laptop or take the one from the image? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reimaging-laptops-digital-license/c9bf37fa-dfa3-46b3-92c0-ff6b3e23b53a
  8. Digital License

Digital License: I recently bought a new computer from a distributer and I need to swap the product key from my old one, but since it was upgraded to windows 10 I don't have a product key and I can't find the digital license anywhere. How can I get it?...
  9. Digital License

Digital License: I upgraded my windows 8.1 to win 10 now I reinstall a new version of Windows 10 because changing my HDD to SSD, I lost my Digital License and I don't remember what was the version of my windows (home or pro), and unfortunately, I didn't connect my License with a Microsoft...
  10. Digital license

Digital license: My Windows 10 Pro is activated with a digital license. My system type is 32-bit OS on x64-based processor. Recently I found out that I can't use SQL localDB 2016 or later because it demands x64 type of OS. How can I reinstall Windows 10 without losing my digital license?...