Windows 10: Digital license linked to account in multiple computers

Discus and support Digital license linked to account in multiple computers in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Alright so i bought a new laptop, it doesnt come with windows installed so i have to do it my own, not a big deal. My question is: i do have another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Bisii, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Bisii Win User

Digital license linked to account in multiple computers

Alright so i bought a new laptop, it doesnt come with windows installed so i have to do it my own, not a big deal.

My question is: i do have another desktop PC with Windows 10; this Desktop had Windows 7 installed using a serial key that i borrowed from my dad's pc whch had 7 as well, and then uodated to 10 when it was free. In my desktop pc i signed in using my Microsoft account and now i have the difital license linked to it.

So, can i sign in on windows on my new laptop and expect it to be activated or do i i ne another serial number?

Last time i uograded my desktop components, the license went through the new hardware process and all that stuff, so i had some hiccups during rhe activation on windows 10.

Thank you

:)

Bisii, Mar 9, 2021

2. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

Digital license linked to account in multiple computers [​IMG]

MCardona81, Mar 9, 2021
  3. guniu Win User
    Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License

Hey, I have a question.
    Do you think the digital license is saved on my MSA after i changed back to my local account?

What I mean by that:
    I Added MSA to my Windows 10 and it said in Activation tab "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account", and my PC was in device list of my MSA.
    But I don't like the fact that I have to type in password every time I boot up. It's my private PC, I don't need password, I never had. So I switched back to my Local account. But now it's back to "Windows is activated with a digital license" only, and the PC is also gone from the device list on my MSA account.
    Do you think it actually unlinked the license, or maybe because I logged in once, it saved anyway, and I will be good with activating in the future on a changed machine?

guniu, Mar 9, 2021
  4. Digital license linked to account in multiple computers

multiple windows license linking to account

Hi Jirka

Thanks for participating in Microsoft Community, I'm Independent Advisor, Skypper G

I'm afraid there is not such MS Portal where you can check each MS Windows Licenses you already have.

If you already have used a Microsoft Account to sign in to your activated Windows 10 Home or Pro PC, your MS Account will be automatically linked. You can use this MS account linked digital license to re-activate your Genuine Windows 10 device by running the
    Activation troubleshooter,

Using the same Microsoft Account on multiple devices does not imply that the same digital license will work across all the Windows devices with same Microsoft Account. This is due to digital licenses are unique based on the hardware signatures of the Computer
    you are using.

SKYPPERGONZALEZ, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

Digital license linked to account in multiple computers

1. Digital license linked to account in multiple computers - Similar Threads - Digital license linked

2. Link digital license to different account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Link digital license to different account: Recently I made a new Microsoft e-mail address. How can I transfer the windows digital license from my old to my new Microsoft e-mail address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/link-digital-license-to-different-account/c703d1d0-a79d-4d3b-acf1-b6ab55b52b83
  3. Link digital license to different account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Link digital license to different account: Recently I made a new Microsoft e-mail address. How can I transfer the windows digital license from my old to my new Microsoft e-mail address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/link-digital-license-to-different-account/c703d1d0-a79d-4d3b-acf1-b6ab55b52b83
  4. Link digital license to different account

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Change digital license linked to Microsoft account to a new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change digital license linked to Microsoft account to a new computer: Hey,I'm planning to buy a new computer,In my current computer I have a Windows 10,In the Activation settings I see there is this message: "Window is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account".So my question is, is there an option to transfer my Windows...
  6. Change digital license linked to Microsoft account to a new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change digital license linked to Microsoft account to a new computer: Hey,I'm planning to buy a new computer,In my current computer I have a Windows 10,In the Activation settings I see there is this message: "Window is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account".So my question is, is there an option to transfer my Windows...
  7. Change digital license linked to Microsoft account to a new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Digital License linked to your Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Digital License linked to your Microsoft account: A friend of mine wanted me to format her laptop and reinstall windows. Her version of windows is not activated. So I am planning to use my micosoft account and it is linked to my windows license. But the problem is that I don't want my microsoft account to be on her computer...
  9. Digital license linked to Microsoft account

Digital license linked to Microsoft account: I was using windows 10 home with digital license linked to my Microsoft account it was a retail license. I upgraded my system to windows 10 pro using retail license key. Which was linked to the same Microsoft account as Digital License. I want to know if I can choose which...
  10. multiple windows license linking to account

multiple windows license linking to account: Hi, I do not understand exact behaviour of windows license linking to MS account. In my case I am owner of 6 windows licences. I am not sure, if it is good idea to link all these licences to my 1 MS account. Because, I am not aware about any "overview" of licenceses...