Windows 10: Digital license linked to Microsoft account

Discus and support Digital license linked to Microsoft account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I was using windows 10 home with digital license linked to my Microsoft account it was a retail license. I upgraded my system to windows 10 pro using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DALVINJOHNS, May 10, 2021.

1. Digital license linked to Microsoft account

I was using windows 10 home with digital license linked to my Microsoft account it was a retail license. I upgraded my system to windows 10 pro using retail license key. Which was linked to the same Microsoft account as Digital License. I want to know if I can choose which license to use if I reinstall windows on my current system or a new computer.

:)

DALVINJOHNS, May 10, 2021

2. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

Digital license linked to Microsoft account [​IMG]

MCardona81, May 10, 2021
  3. guniu Win User
    Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License

Hey, I have a question.
    Do you think the digital license is saved on my MSA after i changed back to my local account?

What I mean by that:
    I Added MSA to my Windows 10 and it said in Activation tab "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account", and my PC was in device list of my MSA.
    But I don't like the fact that I have to type in password every time I boot up. It's my private PC, I don't need password, I never had. So I switched back to my Local account. But now it's back to "Windows is activated with a digital license" only, and the PC is also gone from the device list on my MSA account.
    Do you think it actually unlinked the license, or maybe because I logged in once, it saved anyway, and I will be good with activating in the future on a changed machine?

guniu, May 10, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Digital license linked to Microsoft account

Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

Hello MCardona81, Digital license linked to Microsoft account :)

The digital license will automatically be linked when you sign in to Windows 10 with your Microsoft account.

At step 2, what does it show for you in Activation on the right side?

Brink, May 10, 2021
Thema:

Digital license linked to Microsoft account

1. Digital license linked to Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Digital license linked

2. Can my digital license linked with microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can my digital license linked with microsoft account?: My laptop has Windows 10 Pro. On resetting the OS, it asked me to enter product key. But after logging into my Microsoft account, the "Activation" area shows that my device is using the digital license associated with my Microsoft account. So, I wanted to know whether this...
  3. Can't transfer digital license linked to Microsoft account

Can't transfer digital license linked to Microsoft account: I had a really old system that started on Windows 7 and got the free upgrade to Windows 10. Later on, I transferred my drive to my current system, and the license carried over perfectly. Windows just kept running and I didn't change anything. Nowadays, I've linked my current...
  4. Can't transfer digital license linked to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't transfer digital license linked to Microsoft account: I had a really old system that started on Windows 7 and got the free upgrade to Windows 10. Later on, I transferred my drive to my current system, and the license carried over perfectly. Windows just kept running and I didn't change anything. Nowadays, I've linked my current...
  5. Can't transfer digital license linked to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Digital License linked to your Microsoft account

Digital License linked to your Microsoft account: A friend of mine wanted me to format her laptop and reinstall windows. Her version of windows is not activated. So I am planning to use my micosoft account and it is linked to my windows license. But the problem is that I don't want my microsoft account to be on her computer...
  7. Unable to link Microsoft Account with Digital License

Unable to link Microsoft Account with Digital License: Hi there. I am due to replace my motherboard on my laptop and I want to prepare accordingly. Advice on from Microsoft suggests that I link my Microsoft Account to my Digital License but I am unable to do so. I currently use a local account. I have been into "Settings ->...
  8. Can't link digital Windows license to Microsoft account

Can't link digital Windows license to Microsoft account: I need to reinstall Windows due to several issues and being slow. I want to make sure I can activate Windows after reinstalling. I have followed the guide: https://support.microsoft.com/help/4000735/windows-10-reinstall. I have verified that "Windows is active", Not linked to...
  9. Transfer Digital license linked to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfer Digital license linked to Microsoft Account: I have an almost 8 Year old laptop that originally didn't come with an OS. So, I installed Windows 10 Pro on it and purchased a digital license seperately. The 3rd Gen i3 Processor still somewhat holds up and can do all the basic tasks (including playing videos in 4K without...
  10. Reactivation of a digital license not linked to a Microsoft account

Reactivation of a digital license not linked to a Microsoft account: I've read conflicting information regarding this matter. Basically I'm thinking about taking the HDD of my laptop behind the barn and putting it down, slip an SSD on it's place and make a clean install. Thing is, I never linked a Microsoft Account to the installation, and I...