Windows 10: Digital License no activation possible after restore old PC

Discus and support Digital License no activation possible after restore old PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After switching to a new PC with Digital License, i did a system image restore from my old Windows 10 Pro Machine. Now the new PC can't be activated.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Paul Leyten, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Digital License no activation possible after restore old PC

After switching to a new PC with Digital License, i did a system image restore from my old Windows 10 Pro Machine.

Now the new PC can't be activated. The new machine has a digital license from Lenovo.

I tried to install the MS provided upgrade licensekey "VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T" with no luck.

The troubleshooter brings error 0x800700005

Any tips on this theme?

:)

Paul Leyten, Mar 30, 2021

2. Transfer digital license from old PC to New one.

You would have to first ensure the Digital License is linked to your Microsoft Account. See instructions how to do that. You can then use the Troubleshooter on the new computer after installing Windows 10 to restore the license.

Please note, if your license was upgraded from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 7 license, it is not transferable.

See:

Andre Da Costa, Mar 30, 2021
  3. soy Amit Win User
    Digital license and activation | Old lap to PC

Hello all,

I have a laptop (L1) and a desktop (PC1) setup. The problem is that my laptop was wrecked two years back and no more in use. I took out the harddisk and is in use via an external cable. Now, I want to use the digital license from my old laptop to desktop
    by reinstalling the windows and activating it.

Is there a way to do it?

L1 - win8 to win10 free upgrade (digital license, if i understand correctly from the forums)

PC1 - ubuntu setup, want to change to new windows setup by adding the L1 laptop HDD and reactivate digital license.

Note : I didn't add a microsoft account to L1. =(

Please suggest and help.

Thanks in advance..!! =)

soy Amit, Mar 30, 2021
  4. Digital License no activation possible after restore old PC

Windows 10 License question - New PC and old computer still exists.

Hi Microsoft Community!

I'm in the process of assembling a new PC and am going to give the old PC to my younger brother. I want to transfer my existing license to the new computer and if possible "de-license" the old one. These are the particulars:

• My Windows 10 license was purchased on the Microsoft website and originally activated with a product key.
    • I still have this product key.
    • I have since formatted the PC and after re-installing Windows 10 the activation is now with a digital license.
    • I prefer using local accounts on my PC and thus haven't created a Microsoft account enabled user.

My question is how to best go about transferring the license? Can I just format the old PC and activate my license on the new PC with the product key? If I do that will I get a problem when my brother installs Windows on the old computer again, since it
    now has a digital license?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Daniel Door, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

Digital License no activation possible after restore old PC

1. Digital License no activation possible after restore old PC - Similar Threads - Digital License activation

2. Digital License Activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Digital License Activation: I purchased a Digital License of Windows 11 Pro and recently reset my PC while keeping the files but now that I’ve finish setting up my computer, it says I need to activate Windows. Someone help please....
  3. Digital License Activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Digital License Activation: I purchased a Digital License of Windows 11 Pro and recently reset my PC while keeping the files but now that I’ve finish setting up my computer, it says I need to activate Windows. Someone help please....
  4. Activate digital license on a new pc with no access to the old pc windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate digital license on a new pc with no access to the old pc windows 10 pro: I have recently upgraded my pc and I used the same drive to install windows on the new pc, so I have no access to the old windows installlation. On my old PC I activated windows using a digitial license and so I tried activating windows on the new pc using the digital...
  5. Activate digital license on a new pc with no access to the old pc windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate digital license on a new pc with no access to the old pc windows 10 pro: I have recently upgraded my pc and I used the same drive to install windows on the new pc, so I have no access to the old windows installlation. On my old PC I activated windows using a digitial license and so I tried activating windows on the new pc using the digital...
  6. Activate digital license on a new pc with no access to the old pc windows 10 pro

7. Windows activation with digital license after reinstalling

Windows activation with digital license after reinstalling: Hello.I had digital license since Windows 7 and using ever since to Windows 11Windows 7 to 10 to 11. But in since my last reinstall of windows 10seems bit more stable than 11 it’s giving 0xc004f213 error and now it wouldn’t active both on Windows 10 and 11. What does it mean...
  8. Digital License activation failure after PC replacement

Digital License activation failure after PC replacement: I did study this topic in advance of replacing my PC, in anticipation of this very issue. My old PC still working says it is Activated with 'Win 10 Pro'. "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account." The MS online documentation says I just...
  9. Digital license and activation Old lap to PC

Digital license and activation Old lap to PC: Hello all, I have a laptop L1 and a desktop PC1 setup. The problem is that my laptop was wrecked two years back and no more in use. I took out the harddisk and is in use via an external cable. Now, I want to use the digital license from my old laptop to desktop by...
  10. Activation and digital licensing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation and digital licensing: I have a Toshiba Satellite A200 purchased with windows Vista Pre-installed. This was replaced with a purchased version of windows 7 and then with windows 8 also purchased both activated by the 25 digit product key that came with the product in the normal fashion. Windows 8...