Windows 10: Digital license & product key details

Discus and support Digital license & product key details in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I upgrade Windows 10 (this was from Windows 8 via free upgrade) without digital license & product key details?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dave Roberts 1052, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Digital license & product key details

How do I upgrade Windows 10 (this was from Windows 8 via free upgrade) without digital license & product key details?

:)

Dave Roberts 1052, Aug 11, 2019

2. Product key issues

Please read my reply again. I just explained that there is NO Product Key for free Upgrade.

I explained in detail how to properly move your Digital License (which uses NO Product Key) so please follow those steps now.

What Product Key are you trying to install for a Digital LIcense that uses NO Product Key?

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Aug 11, 2019
  3. MAP1_905 Win User
    Changing from Digital License to Product Key

I have got my windows with a digital License. My college has provided me with product key for windows 10 for education purposes. If I activate that key, will my digital License be still valid for a later use?

MAP1_905, Aug 11, 2019
  4. Digital license & product key details

Activation switched from "with product key" to "with Digital License"

Digital license & product key details [​IMG]

Sorry for the quality, they were taken with my camera. We'd all be old and grey by the time I learned to do a video capture. lol, I'm old and grey now.

alphanumeric, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Digital license & product key details

1. Digital license & product key details - Similar Threads - Digital license product

2. I don't have a digital license or product key for windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I don't have a digital license or product key for windows: I am unable to activate my windows 10 pro due to not having access to a digital licence or product key, I purchased this laptop used and not refurbished, windows had to be reinstalled and I was not informed of the location or access of the digital key, there was no product...
  3. Changing from Digital License to Product Key

Changing from Digital License to Product Key: I have got my windows with a digital License. My college has provided me with product key for windows 10 for education purposes. If I activate that key, will my digital License be still valid for a later use?...
  4. [Windows 10] Switch from digital license to product key

[Windows 10] Switch from digital license to product key: I had activated windows 10 with digital license, but now I have purchased a product key and I want to activate it with product key. Is this possible?...
  5. Active Window 10 with Digital License instead of Product Key ???

Active Window 10 with Digital License instead of Product Key ???: Hi all, I recently bought a new laptop and I'd like to reinstall Window 10 on the new one. Problem is the Window 10 I have is the one upgraded from Window 8.1 for free. So if I log in with my Microsoft account on the new laptop Window then is it gonna automatic active...
  6. Mistake activating Win10 using product key instead of digital license

Mistake activating Win10 using product key instead of digital license: After a hard drive replacement on HP laptop the local tech also installed Win10 using his key. It seemed to work so I let it slide; now 6 months later I need to Activate Windows. Problem is I have a Digital License attached to my account/computer but all I'm allowed to do is...
  7. Product Key for Digital Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Product Key for Digital Upgrade: Trying to activate Win 10 Pro (just upgraded from Win 10 Home) to create an admin account. MS says it's in the receipt, but then says elsewhere if it was a digital download, you don't need one and just click on that option. Sorry, not seeing an option to continue withot a...
  8. Windows 10 Digital License vs Product Key

Windows 10 Digital License vs Product Key: Hi, I am looking to upgrade my pc and was looking into how I would have to reactivate my windows 10 OS afterwards. I understand the difference between a digital license and a product key - or at least I thought I did. But my question has to do with my laptop. I...
  9. No valid digital license/Product Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No valid digital license/Product Key: Hi, Getting error code 0x803FA067 when using the Windows 10 Home Product Key to reactivate the product. I had to replace my motherboard. I tried Powershell command: (Get-WmiObject -query 'select * from SoftwareLicensingService').OA3xOriginalProductKey which did not...
  10. Activation switched from "with product key" to "with Digital License"

Activation switched from "with product key" to "with Digital License": After doing the upgrade from Windows 10 Education 1511 to 1607, Settings > Update & security > Activation, switched from "activated with a product key" to Activated with a Digital License". Activation has changed with the upgrade to 1607. To clarify what I'm talking about...