Windows 10: Digital License purchased in 2015, new computer needs that Key

Discus and support Digital License purchased in 2015, new computer needs that Key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello all. I purchased Windows back in 2015 for my Laptop DV7. I just built a new PC and am trying to use the Windows 10 from my laptop onto the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RagedM, Sep 29, 2019.

1. RagedM Win User

Digital License purchased in 2015, new computer needs that Key

Hello all.

I purchased Windows back in 2015 for my Laptop DV7. I just built a new PC and am trying to use the Windows 10 from my laptop onto the new PC.

It's a Digital License. My laptop doesn't show any of the existing key numbers/letters. Is there a way to deactivate that Key and install on my PC or will I have to buy Windows 10 all over again?
    Currently Windows is running on my PC but it is not activated.

Please advise.

Thank you

:)

RagedM, Sep 29, 2019

2. How to move digital license for windows 10 to new computer

I have a digital license that was purchased retail. It was purchased separately from the computer. It did not come with the computer. It was upgraded for free from windows 7. I now have a new computer. How can I move my digital license to the new computer?

JosephGilbert1, Sep 29, 2019
  3. How to move digital license for windows 10 to new computer

Actually you do have a license key. when you upgraded to Windows 10 you would have been assigned a digital license key that is embedded into the motherboard of the computer. That is part of the reason why it is important to follow all of the steps in the
    guide above because the first thing it has you do is deactivate the license key on the current computer and Link the license key to your Microsoft account so that it can then be used to activate Windows 10 on the new computer.

TechGuy_82, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Digital License purchased in 2015, new computer needs that Key

Digital License after transfer license to new computer

Uninstalling a product key does not deactivate the license, there is actually no deactivation method. You would still need to contact support to actually invalidate the license on the old machine, so it can reactivate on the new machine.

Transferring the license is a step by step process.

First, you either remove the license from the machine by formatting it.

Install it on the new machine.

Contact chat support, then reactivate.

Where Digital license is handy is when you are still using the machine and reinstall Windows 10 and need to reactivate the license after a significant hardware change, such as a hard disk.

Learn more:

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/transfer-window...

Andre Da Costa, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Digital License purchased in 2015, new computer needs that Key

1. Digital License purchased in 2015, new computer needs that Key - Similar Threads - Digital License purchased

2. We need product activation keys for digital licenses

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We need product activation keys for digital licenses: I reinstalled windows this morning to fix some WHEA ID 1 errors and now I can't activate it. I spent ~3 hours dealing with Microsoft technical support because even though I'm using the same account, the activation troubleshooter doesn't recognize my computer.Nobody was able...
  3. We need product activation keys for digital licenses

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    We need product activation keys for digital licenses: I reinstalled windows this morning to fix some WHEA ID 1 errors and now I can't activate it. I spent ~3 hours dealing with Microsoft technical support because even though I'm using the same account, the activation troubleshooter doesn't recognize my computer.Nobody was able...
  4. digital license key

digital license key: I purchased a copy of windows 10 pro and it had a digital key code, my computer crashed and i need to reinstall. Where would I find that key code. I can see my purchase on the store but do not see a key code. TIA...
  5. Need key for previously purchased Pro upgrade on new computer

Need key for previously purchased Pro upgrade on new computer: Hello, On the 13th of November I purchased a Pro upgrade for a new Dell computer. It activated fine. Shortly after the purchase, however, the Dell would not boot. I was told, it was probably a motherboard issue. I recently replaced the Dell with a new HP Pavilion....
  6. Digital license key

Digital license key: How to transfer digital license key for windows 10 pro to another owner ? 169705
  7. product key for a new laptop digital license

product key for a new laptop digital license: Hi there, about 5 months ago i paid $99 to upgrade from windows 10 home to pro, then last month my laptop burnt litraly, motherboard gone, today i finally got a new one after a month at dealer, anyway i got this one again with windows 10 home, i need to upgrade it to pro...
  8. Transfer PURCHASED Digital Licenses to New Device

Transfer PURCHASED Digital Licenses to New Device: A year or so ago I bootcamped two of my Macs and purchased digital licenses for them. Before unbootcamping them, I released the licenses. Looking at the "my devices" I still see the two formally bootcamped Macs listed. I'd like to use those licenses on VM devices. How do I do...
  9. Digital license transfer to a new computer build

Digital license transfer to a new computer build: How do I transfer my Win 10 Pro digital license to new a new computer I built? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/digital-license-transfer-to-a-new-computer-build/06c94337-f323-46bb-affb-6c12e6caf9cc
  10. Digital License key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Digital License key: How do I find my licence key? I originally purchased windows 7pro, updated to windows 10 and now want to move the licence to a new computer but I can seem to find the key but it does say it’s linked to my Microsoft account? Any help would be appreciated submitted by...