Windows 10: Digital License Question

Discus and support Digital License Question in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My brand new laptop comes with Windows 10 Pro Education edition which is activated with a digital license. I was able to retrieve the license using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/showmak, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Digital License Question

My brand new laptop comes with Windows 10 Pro Education edition which is activated with a digital license.

I was able to retrieve the license using the CMD, but my question is, if I change the license to Windows 10 Pro edition, will I be able to roll back to Education edition if I ever wanted using the retrieved license?

submitted by /u/showmak
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/showmak, Jan 22, 2021

2. Digital license

Thats how licensing works with Windows 10, the digital license is attached to your Microsoft Account and makes it easy to reactivate Windows 10 in the event you reinstall it.

Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Digital license bind question

Because you refer to a digitally licensed laptop in your first sentence which apparently isn't involved in the swap between two other PC's discussed in the next sentence?

I've amended my suggestions above.

Feel free to ask back any questions and let us know how it goes.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Digital License Question

Digital license question

Hi,

To answer your question about Digital License. Yes, you can still go back to Windows 10 using the Digital License since it will be embedded to the motherboard of your computer.

Please refer to this Wiki Article for more information about
    Windows 10 Digital License.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Digital License Question

1. Digital License Question - Similar Threads - Digital License Question

2. digital license question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    digital license question: Hello! I asked this question yesterday but now can't seem to reply in the same thread to ask for clarification. Sorry to clutter this forum.I purchased a 11 pro digital license through the Microsoft store to upgrade a work computer computer 1. However, I was foolish and...
  3. digital license question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    digital license question: Hello! I asked this question yesterday but now can't seem to reply in the same thread to ask for clarification. Sorry to clutter this forum.I purchased a 11 pro digital license through the Microsoft store to upgrade a work computer computer 1. However, I was foolish and...
  4. Win10 Digital License Transfer/Activation Questions

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 Digital License Transfer/Activation Questions: I am working towards getting a new desktop, not a pre-fab from dell or HP no offense meant you two, but you're a bit stringent on hardware upgrades past the norm, but one I will either assemble myself cables and all, or using an offered service that will do it for me perhaps...
  5. Win10 Digital License Transfer/Activation Questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Digital License Transfer/Activation Questions: I am working towards getting a new desktop, not a pre-fab from dell or HP no offense meant you two, but you're a bit stringent on hardware upgrades past the norm, but one I will either assemble myself cables and all, or using an offered service that will do it for me perhaps...
  6. Win10 Digital License Transfer/Activation Questions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Questions regarding Win10 Digital License and Cloning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Questions regarding Win10 Digital License and Cloning: Hi folks, I upgraded an 11-year old laptop to a new SSD just before Christmas and used the Win 7 key to activate the clean install of Win 10. I'm putting in a bigger SSD and going to use Macrium Reflect to copy the Win 10 machine (so that all M$ Office and all of the other...
  8. Question about digital license

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about digital license: Hello, so recently I decided to upgrade a 4 year old pre-built PC my brother gave me last year. I plan on changing almost every part on the PC(including the motherboard.) I was able to link my Microsoft account to the digital license. My concern is, since it was a pre-built,...
  9. A question about digital licenses

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A question about digital licenses: Hey, If I activate Windows 10 Pro on a laptop with a digital license linked to account, why am I able to retain Windows 10 Pro if I reset the laptop and use the generic windows key for pro? Is Windows Pro baked in to the motherboard? Thanks submitted by /u/brybery21...
  10. Questions About My Digital License and Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Questions About My Digital License and Microsoft Account: Greetings, I hope everyone is well. I have a 2 part question and problem I originally purchased a new computer 2 years ago with windows 7 around the time I purchased windows 7 microsoft was offering a free update to windows 10, which I took advantage of and upgraded....