Windows 10: Digital License

Discus and support Digital License in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought my computer from a company that services and resells computers that come off leases. Some of the windows files that make backups possible are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RickDowd1, May 21, 2019.

1. RickDowd1 Win User

Digital License

I bought my computer from a company that services and resells computers that come off leases. Some of the windows files that make backups possible are missing. I would also like to make an emergency disk... I cant get anything done though without the digital license for the windows. How do I obtain the license?

:)

RickDowd1, May 21, 2019

2. Digital license

Thats how licensing works with Windows 10, the digital license is attached to your Microsoft Account and makes it easy to reactivate Windows 10 in the event you reinstall it.

Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, May 21, 2019
  3. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

Digital License [​IMG]

MCardona81, May 21, 2019
  4. Digital License

Digital License

Windows 10 Digital License

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have
    a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to
    reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Reinstall by Performing a Direct Clean Install

If Windows 10 was already installed and activated on your system, just proceed to perform a direct clean install as described in the following articles.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, May 21, 2019
Thema:

Digital License

1. Digital License - Similar Threads - Digital License

2. How can I activate Windows 11 Pro with my purchased Windows 11 Pro digital license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I activate Windows 11 Pro with my purchased Windows 11 Pro digital license?: I am running Windows 11 Pro on Parallels on Macbook Pro M2 running Sonomoa 14.4.1. I installed Windows 11 Pro through the Parallels process and then purchased a license for it through the Microsoft store, signed in with my Microsoft id. Windows will not activate. The purchase...
  3. How can I activate Windows 11 Pro with my purchased Windows 11 Pro digital license?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I activate Windows 11 Pro with my purchased Windows 11 Pro digital license?: I am running Windows 11 Pro on Parallels on Macbook Pro M2 running Sonomoa 14.4.1. I installed Windows 11 Pro through the Parallels process and then purchased a license for it through the Microsoft store, signed in with my Microsoft id. Windows will not activate. The purchase...
  4. How to activate windows 10 with digital license?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to activate windows 10 with digital license?: I want to install linux on my HP laptop by completely removing windows 10, my laptop came with windows 10 preinstalled with digital license key. So if I want to switch back to windows 10 how do i reactivate my windows with my digital license key?...
  5. How to activate windows 10 with digital license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to activate windows 10 with digital license?: I want to install linux on my HP laptop by completely removing windows 10, my laptop came with windows 10 preinstalled with digital license key. So if I want to switch back to windows 10 how do i reactivate my windows with my digital license key?...
  6. How to activate windows 10 with digital license?

7. Can i recover my digital license after i disconnected the original pc it was in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i recover my digital license after i disconnected the original pc it was in?: after updating to win 11 from win10, changed the cpu and added a gpu, and getting a new faster drive, i decided to reformat the PC and do a clean windows instalation on this new drive.After doing it, i noticed that windows wasn't activated error 0xC004F213, so i used the...
  8. Can i recover my digital license after i disconnected the original pc it was in?

Can i recover my digital license after i disconnected the original pc it was in?: after updating to win 11 from win10, changed the cpu and added a gpu, and getting a new faster drive, i decided to reformat the PC and do a clean windows instalation on this new drive.After doing it, i noticed that windows wasn't activated error 0xC004F213, so i used the...
  9. Is Dual Boot still allowed on a single PC with a digital license?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is Dual Boot still allowed on a single PC with a digital license?: I have a single PC that I dual boot into two Win10 installations: one for work, one for gaming. Both installations use the same retail digital license. I got hit by a Windows activation bug where a BIOS upgrade resulted in both installations losing activation because Windows...
  10. Is Dual Boot still allowed on a single PC with a digital license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Dual Boot still allowed on a single PC with a digital license?: I have a single PC that I dual boot into two Win10 installations: one for work, one for gaming. Both installations use the same retail digital license. I got hit by a Windows activation bug where a BIOS upgrade resulted in both installations losing activation because Windows...