Windows 10: Digital Media Renderers showing up under Multimedia Devices?

Discus and support Digital Media Renderers showing up under Multimedia Devices? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm not sure which category this should go under, so I apologize if this isn't the best spot for it, but here goes... I've noticed that in Devices and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mr0ldschool, May 29, 2020.

1. Digital Media Renderers showing up under Multimedia Devices?

I'm not sure which category this should go under, so I apologize if this isn't the best spot for it, but here goes... I've noticed that in Devices and Printers on my laptop, under Multimedia Devices, I have four semi-transparent representations of my computer, using the name I assigned to my computer. They look like duplicates of each other, and all of them say they are Digital Media Renderers. There was also one that identified itself as my Xbox 360, and two that identify themselves as my TV. I have attempted to connect my laptop to my TV before, but I had the wrong type of cable and it didn't work, but I don't remember ever trying to connect it to my Xbox, nor do I have any idea why I would have. And I really have no idea why it would seem to have copies of my computer on same computer. What in the world is all of this?

If anyone can explain this to me, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

I am running Windows 10.

:)

mr0ldschool, May 29, 2020

2. Digital Media Renderers showing up under Multimedia Devices?

I'm not sure which category this should go under, so I apologize if this isn't the best spot for it, but here goes... I've noticed that in Devices and Printers on my laptop, under Multimedia Devices, I have four semi-transparent representations of my computer, using the name I assigned to my computer. They look like duplicates of each other, and all of them say they are Digital Media Renderers. There was also one that identified itself as my Xbox 360, and two that identify themselves as my TV. I have attempted to connect my laptop to my TV before, but I had the wrong type of cable and it didn't work, but I don't remember ever trying to connect it to my Xbox, nor do I have any idea why I would have. And I really have no idea why it would seem to have copies of my computer on same computer. What in the world is all of this?

If anyone can explain this to me, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

I am running Windows 10.

mr0ldschool, May 29, 2020
  3. david-e Win User
    Digital media device

Thanks for replying with these suggestions. I'm out of town till next week so will try them then and post what happens.

I have already checked Device Manager, and the speakers are listed as Digital Media devices and are not in the Audio inputs and outputs, nor the Sound, Video, Game Controller groupings.

david-e, May 29, 2020
  4. jl2509 Win User

Digital Media Renderers showing up under Multimedia Devices?

2 of 3 computers in home network only show multimedia devices

Hi

OK I understand now, This is not an issue with devices appearing as media devices, it is an issue where devices are simply not appearing in the network list.

Where do you get the "access denied, contact your network manager"?

I would suggest updating to 1809 - 17763.253
    Just to ensure that you are at the latest release and updates installed.

As you will have found, there are many posts about this issue and unfortunately there are many proposed resolutions. Enabling SMB 1.0 and the Services listed below normally resolves the issue.

• Function Discovery Provider Host - Automatic
    • Function Discovery Resource Publication - Automatic
    • DNS Client - Automatic
    • SSDP Discovery - Automatic
    • UPnP Device Host - Automatic
    Older and non compatible devices need SMB 1.0 to be visible on the network and this would need to be enabled on all devices as well not just the PC you are describing.

To recap....

Can you see all devices in network devices as you would expect on the other PCs/Laptops?
    Can you ping the devices by IP and by Name? Can you access the PCs via command line \\PCName\Share
    ------
    If you have ensured SMB 1.0 is enabled, SMB Direct, as per the image image below

Digital Media Renderers showing up under Multimedia Devices? [​IMG]

Then I can only suggest corrupt registry settings.
    try running sfc /scannow from an admin command prompt to check for any integrity violations.

then try and force the settings again, try clearing the the SMB 1.0 and SMB Direct settings completely and restarting, then select them as per the image above followed by a restart.

Please post back with updates

jl2509, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Digital Media Renderers showing up under Multimedia Devices?

1. Digital Media Renderers showing up under Multimedia Devices? - Similar Threads - Digital Media Renderers

2. USB headphones won't show up under playback devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB headphones won't show up under playback devices: I have windows 11 and when I plug in my usb headset they don't show up under playback devices. It randomly stopped working the other day while in use. I'm worried it has to do with my motherboard sound hardware failing. I tried other usb headsets and they don't work either so...
  3. Microphone not showing up under input devices.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone not showing up under input devices.: Hey guys, I just got a new computer today, but I'm running into an issue. My microphone isn't picking up anything and when I went to check my sound settings, it wasn't even showing up at all under input devices. It's plugged in correctly and I never had any problems with it...
  4. Bluetooth speaker is connected but not showing up under playback devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth speaker is connected but not showing up under playback devices: Can someone please help? I have tried updating the drivers, removing the device and installing them. Nothing works. The bluetooth speaker was working a couple of weeks back and today it stopped showing as an audio device...
  5. Airpods Dont Show Up Under Add a Device

Airpods Dont Show Up Under Add a Device: Im trying to connect my airpods to my windows 10 pc and am using a usb 5.0 adapter. I have updated all bluetooth drivers and even still my computer doesnt show my airpods when i try to add a device. I have tried everything I can find online with no luck. p...
  6. Digital Media Renderers showing up under Multimedia Devices?

in Windows 10 Support
    Digital Media Renderers showing up under Multimedia Devices?: I'm not sure which category this should go under, so I apologize if this isn't the best spot for it, but here goes... I've noticed that in Devices and Printers on my laptop, under Multimedia Devices, I have four semi-transparent representations of my computer, using the name...
  7. multimedia devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    multimedia devices: Hello I have here two devices on the network, connected by cable to the router, which are recognized again in win 10 every time I turn on the computer. would be: DLNA-Player-MediaCenter and NET they were recognized only once in win 7 check it out: [ATTACH] Is there a...
  8. Digital media device

Digital media device: I have just purchased a pair of KEF LS50W wireless speakers. I have successfully connected them to my home WiFi network, and can use the KEF Stream app to access and play music files on my desktop PC. But what I cannot do is connect to the speakers from my PC. They are...
  9. Multimedia Devices

Multimedia Devices: I sheepishly admit that for lo these many years, I have never paid much attention to the listing of "Multimedia Devices" in the "Devices and Printers" listing under Control Panel. Now, however, it matters. I need to know exactly what these icons represent. I've always used...
  10. no Sound on TV device mgr TV shows as media device not under sound

no Sound on TV device mgr TV shows as media device not under sound: I can cast music to my Sony Bravia XBR 65x850b tv. However when I have it as a a duplicate display sound I get on the speakers primary display does not come from the speakers on the TV. On the device manager the TV shows as a media device. However, the TV does not...