Windows 10: Digital ownership

Discus and support Digital ownership in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I already have the digital ownership thing installed but Flight sim just tells me to install it. How do I fix this?... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by RobertJohnson_2464, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Digital ownership

I already have the digital ownership thing installed but Flight sim just tells me to install it. How do I fix this?

:)

RobertJohnson_2464, Feb 15, 2021

2. Missing Digital Ownership for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

As the title suggest, I don't have the "digital ownership" add-on in my microsoft store library. I activated a code for the Pre-order standard pack, which should include the digital ownership according to microsofts website, but I can't find it, and as
    soon as I start up the game, I'm hit with "please insert disc to continue".
    Digital ownership 8cfdff9e-0161-4c0b-9c79-b01d76a58351?upload=true.png

MichaelBerggreen, Feb 15, 2021
  3. Ownership Issues

that will not hurt taking ownership, but I would also then look in the list of users on the ownership page and make sure your user account name is there with full permissions. Probably not.

even though you take ownership of an item, you may not be in the list of users with permissions.

first select disable inheritance, then select "ADD" in the list of users, and add your user account the same way you took ownership and select full permissions.

Then administrators may only have select permissions in the list. so after you disable inheritance, delete admins user. then select add again and select admins in the list and select full permissions

restart pc

seahawks65, Feb 15, 2021
  4. Digital ownership

Take Ownership

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description of the issue, I understand that you are unable to take full ownership of the files and folders.

I would recommend you to see if you are logged in administrator account, if not then enable it. Please follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to enable the built in administrator account.

You need to run the command from an elevated command prompt. To do that you need to do the following:

• Press the Windows key t+ R from the keyboard to open the Run Command Dialog Box
    • Enter cmd and right-click on the Command Prompt result that should appear.
    • This opens a list of options at the bottom. Select Run as administrator there.
    • Accept the UAC prompt
    • Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:
      net user administrator /active:yes
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

Digital ownership

1. Digital ownership - Similar Threads - Digital ownership

2. Issue with a digital Microsoft store page/purchacse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with a digital Microsoft store page/purchacse: Hello! Recently I saw this series Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1987 was on sale and began buying the seasons through the Microsoft Store. However, I've noticed a particular issue-- Seasons 1 through 8 and Season 10 are available to purchase as entire season bundles, but...
  3. Issue with a digital Microsoft store page/purchacse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with a digital Microsoft store page/purchacse: Hello! Recently I saw this series Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1987 was on sale and began buying the seasons through the Microsoft Store. However, I've noticed a particular issue-- Seasons 1 through 8 and Season 10 are available to purchase as entire season bundles, but...
  4. Change digital license ownership on new device

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Change digital license ownership on new device: So, i bought a new laptop abroad, that my dad would bring to me after his vacations. Long story short, he needed to use it and despite warning him, he loged in with his microsoft account instead of mine. So now the laptop appears in his account devices and the licence was...
  5. MSFS 2020 asking for disc on installed system even with digital ownership file installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSFS 2020 asking for disc on installed system even with digital ownership file installed: I've uninstalled and reinstalled the digital ownership file and the problem persists. The system is up to date and is otherwise running well. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.* Moved from Bing...
  6. Missing Digital Ownership for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Digital Ownership for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020: As the title suggest, I don't have the "digital ownership" add-on in my microsoft store library. I activated a code for the Pre-order standard pack, which should include the digital ownership according to microsofts website, but I can't find it, and as soon as I start up the...
  7. Flight Simulator 2020 premium deluxe for Windows 10 digital ownership

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Simulator 2020 premium deluxe for Windows 10 digital ownership: A few days ago, I purchased FS2020 Premium Deluxe and attempted to download the gigantic file. I log into my MS store account, access my purchased programs, select FS2020 Digital Edition, and clicked on the three dots immediately to the right of the "Install Open" button and...
  8. What's the name of the digital ownership files for flight simulator 2020?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    What's the name of the digital ownership files for flight simulator 2020?: I've been told that I must delete, then re-install digital ownership files to correct a problem with flight simulator asks to insert disc, which I don't have because I purchased the digital downloads from the MS store. Can anyone tell me the name of the file or files I must...
  9. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Digital Ownership Error With Game Pass

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Digital Ownership Error With Game Pass: Hello, I am having an issue installing Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 on my windows machine. I have Game Pass Ultimate and have attempted to download the sim through the Microsoft Store using my subscription. Every time I try to begin the install the "Digital Ownership"...
  10. Microsoft flight simulator 2020 standard and digital ownership files had vanished from my...

Microsoft flight simulator 2020 standard and digital ownership files had vanished from my...: Hi, I brought Microsoft flight sim 2020 a few days back and was able to run everything Absolutely fine Today I had a weird problem where it's throwing up an error insert disk. I had tried all possible steps I went into the store and can't find my orders. Purchased it...