Windows 10: Digital Rights Update Tool Crashes

Discus and support Digital Rights Update Tool Crashes in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've been using the Digital Rights Update Tool to remove protection from WMA files that I ripped myself from my own CDs. It seems to work most of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ffreeman1, Nov 9, 2018.

1. ffreeman1 Win User

Digital Rights Update Tool Crashes

I've been using the Digital Rights Update Tool to remove protection from WMA files that I ripped myself from my own CDs. It seems to work most of the time, but it frequently crashes when trying to convert some WMA files. Here is the Application Log entry when it crashes:

Log Name: Application

Source: Application Error

Date: 11/9/2018 6:59:57 PM

Event ID: 1000

Task Category: (100)

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: DESKTOP-MV514B2

Description:

Faulting application name: WindowsApp.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x590cd39a

Faulting module name: twinapi.appcore.dll, version: 10.0.17134.137, time stamp: 0xb5d50228

Exception code: 0xc000027b

Fault offset: 0x000000000009cad5

Faulting process id: 0x2028

Faulting application start time: 0x01d47890aae90ad7

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.DigitalRightsUpdateTool_1.2.0.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\WindowsApp.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\twinapi.appcore.dll

Report Id: fc80ce60-37ab-43ac-8703-e2de9f72eb37

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.DigitalRightsUpdateTool_1.2.0.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Can this problem be fixed?

:)

ffreeman1, Nov 9, 2018

2. Digital Rights Update Tool: Error

Hi,

We want to know more about the issue you’re experiencing. Please provide us the following information:

• Since when did you start to encounter this error message?
    • What additional troubleshooting steps have you done so far to fix this issue with Digital Rights Update Tool error?

Regards.

Michael Tal, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Digital Rights Update Tool: Error

Thank you for sending us your quick response. To further assist you with the error message you encountered with Digital Rights Update Tool, please check this

link
    and follow the steps provided.

Let us know how it goes.

Michael Tal, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Digital Rights Update Tool Crashes

Digital Rights Update Tool Error: 0x000000080041181

Hi Bob,

We would like to clarify a few details regarding the problem you have encountered with playing .wma files on your Windows 10 PC to help us isolate this case.

• Were you able to play .wma files before the Digital Rights Update Tool was installed?
    • Why was the Digital Rights Update Tool installed?
    • Have you tried uninstalling it?

If there are other information you can share with us other than what we've asked above, that would be very helpful.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

Digital Rights Update Tool Crashes

1. Digital Rights Update Tool Crashes - Similar Threads - Digital Rights Update

2. snip tool crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    snip tool crashing: The snip tool shuts down as soon as video recording starts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-tool-crashing/1ffad4df-5178-4296-b26f-efc18ff36a48
  3. snip tool crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    snip tool crashing: The snip tool shuts down as soon as video recording starts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-tool-crashing/1ffad4df-5178-4296-b26f-efc18ff36a48
  4. Fix for "Excep_FromHResult 0x80070005" error when using microsoft Digital Rights Update Tool?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fix for "Excep_FromHResult 0x80070005" error when using microsoft Digital Rights Update Tool?: I Backed up music in old windows xp pc to external drive, I then tried to playback files on new laptop but couldn't due to DRM so I tried using the Digital rights update tool on windows 10 laptop and I keep getting "Access is denied. Excep_FromHResult 0x80070005" error...
  5. Fix for "Excep_FromHResult 0x80070005" error when using microsoft Digital Rights Update Tool?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix for "Excep_FromHResult 0x80070005" error when using microsoft Digital Rights Update Tool?: I Backed up music in old windows xp pc to external drive, I then tried to playback files on new laptop but couldn't due to DRM so I tried using the Digital rights update tool on windows 10 laptop and I keep getting "Access is denied. Excep_FromHResult 0x80070005" error...
  6. Fix for "Excep_FromHResult 0x80070005" error when using microsoft Digital Rights Update Tool?

7. digital rights update tool not working

digital rights update tool not working: Hello guys I am trying the last few days to find a way to listen my old ripped cds that i have on my laptop with the "digital rights update tool",but every time that i am trying the app is just ending. To explain exactly,i am putting the file in the app,it starts...
  8. Digital Rights Update Tool not working

Digital Rights Update Tool not working: Hello! I'm a bit confused on why it is not letting me remove the DRM on one of my audio files. It's under the .wma format and I've tried using the app with the same audio file and the same app on an older Surface and it worked perfectly fine. When I tried to use the app...
  9. Digital Rights Update Tool Error: 0x000000080041181

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Digital Rights Update Tool Error: 0x000000080041181: I saw that there was a duplicate question (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/digital-rights-update-tool-error-0x000000080041181/965dcbf5-9b31-4461-9174-6304db831dc2), but I have some additional questions about this. I got my files a long time ago for my...
  10. Digital Rights Update Tool

Digital Rights Update Tool: I am trying to help a user regain access to their DRM protected .wma music files. They are using Windows 10 1803 and I am trying to use the 'Digital Rights Update Tool' to remove the copy protection that was originally added to the files when audio CDs were ripped to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. digital rights tool crashes