Windows 10: Digital Rights Update Tool Error: 0x000000080041181

Discus and support Digital Rights Update Tool Error: 0x000000080041181 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I saw that there was a duplicate question... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LanceOlenik, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Digital Rights Update Tool Error: 0x000000080041181

I saw that there was a duplicate question (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...80041181/965dcbf5-9b31-4461-9174-6304db831dc2), but I have some additional questions about this.

I got my files a long time ago for my Zune. Obviously Microsoft discontinued the Zune service, so I'm not able to go back and re-download the files. And I believe Microsoft basically said, "Too bad for you. Any money you spent on songs is now ours and you get nothing."

Since you guys have the Digital Rights Update Tool, why don't you make it so those of us who bought these songs from the Zune store can actually listen to them.

Anyway, the short story is, I tried the DRUT and got this error, so if you can fix it, I'd appreciate it.

:)

LanceOlenik, Apr 9, 2019
  2. BobB_897 Win User

Digital Rights Update Tool Error: 0x000000080041181

I am having an issue playing .wma files on my Windows 10 PC. From what I understand, it is a DRM issue. I have installed the Digital Rights Update Tool. All of my songs come up with "issues" and have the error:

An error occurred while processing the file: 0x000000080041181.

There is no documentation for this tool and my web search comes up empty on this error.

BobB_897, Apr 9, 2019
  3. Digital Rights Update Tool Error: 0x000000080041181

Hi Bob,

We would like to clarify a few details regarding the problem you have encountered with playing .wma files on your Windows 10 PC to help us isolate this case.

• Were you able to play .wma files before the Digital Rights Update Tool was installed?
    • Why was the Digital Rights Update Tool installed?
    • Have you tried uninstalling it?

If there are other information you can share with us other than what we've asked above, that would be very helpful.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 9, 2019
  4. BobB_897 Win User

Thanks for responding. To answer your questions:

1. The PC was running Windows 7 Home Premium. The songs worked fine with the Windows 7 Windows Media Player on the previous OS install. I backed up my data and performed a clean install of Windows 10 and restored my user data. The PC has been updated to
    the latest Anniversary Update.

2. After installing Windows 10, my music would no longer play under Windows Media Player or Groove. Based on this, I installed the DRM Update tool and tried to convert my .wma files. All of the songs get the same 0x000000080041181 error.

3. No, I have not uninstalled/reinstalled the DRM Update Tool.

BobB_897, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Digital Rights Update Tool Error: 0x000000080041181 - Similar Threads - Digital Rights Update

2. Fix for "Excep_FromHResult 0x80070005" error when using microsoft Digital Rights Update Tool?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fix for "Excep_FromHResult 0x80070005" error when using microsoft Digital Rights Update Tool?: I Backed up music in old windows xp pc to external drive, I then tried to playback files on new laptop but couldn't due to DRM so I tried using the Digital rights update tool on windows 10 laptop and I keep getting "Access is denied. Excep_FromHResult 0x80070005" error...
  3. Fix for "Excep_FromHResult 0x80070005" error when using microsoft Digital Rights Update Tool?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix for "Excep_FromHResult 0x80070005" error when using microsoft Digital Rights Update Tool?: I Backed up music in old windows xp pc to external drive, I then tried to playback files on new laptop but couldn't due to DRM so I tried using the Digital rights update tool on windows 10 laptop and I keep getting "Access is denied. Excep_FromHResult 0x80070005" error...
  4. Fix for "Excep_FromHResult 0x80070005" error when using microsoft Digital Rights Update Tool?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. digital rights update tool not working

digital rights update tool not working: Hello guys I am trying the last few days to find a way to listen my old ripped cds that i have on my laptop with the "digital rights update tool",but every time that i am trying the app is just ending. To explain exactly,i am putting the file in the app,it starts...
  6. Media Creation Tool / Update error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Creation Tool / Update error: I really dont know how I came up with this strange problem in my laptop which is Windows update error. Basically When I restart my pc it stucks at getting things ready for hours everytime. I tried all the way, all that I was suggested to do. But nothing really helps. I...
  7. Media Creation Tool and Digital License Queries

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Creation Tool and Digital License Queries: Hi folks, I have THREE different Media Creation Tools - one from August 2016, one from August 2018 (labelled 1803) and one from August 2019 (labelled 1903). Does it matter which tool I run in order to get a backup copy of Windows 10? In other words, when I run the tool,...
  8. Digital Rights Update Tool not working

Digital Rights Update Tool not working: Hello! I'm a bit confused on why it is not letting me remove the DRM on one of my audio files. It's under the .wma format and I've tried using the app with the same audio file and the same app on an older Surface and it worked perfectly fine. When I tried to use the app...
  9. Digital Rights Update Tool Crashes

Digital Rights Update Tool Crashes: I've been using the Digital Rights Update Tool to remove protection from WMA files that I ripped myself from my own CDs. It seems to work most of the time, but it frequently crashes when trying to convert some WMA files. Here is the Application Log entry when it crashes:...
  10. Digital Rights Update Tool

Digital Rights Update Tool: I am trying to help a user regain access to their DRM protected .wma music files. They are using Windows 10 1803 and I am trying to use the 'Digital Rights Update Tool' to remove the copy protection that was originally added to the files when audio CDs were ripped to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. digital rights update tool 80041181

2. digital rights update tool access denied