Windows 10: Digital Rights Update Tool not working

Discus and support Digital Rights Update Tool not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! I'm a bit confused on why it is not letting me remove the DRM on one of my audio files. It's under the .wma format and I've tried using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gaby Rodriguez Rivera, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Digital Rights Update Tool not working

Hello!

I'm a bit confused on why it is not letting me remove the DRM on one of my audio files. It's under the .wma format and I've tried using the app with the same audio file and the same app on an older Surface and it worked perfectly fine.

When I tried to use the app with my new Surface the file it says: "Error or 'The pDRM service returned an invalid response, or no response was received'.

Any advice?

Thanks

:)

Gaby Rodriguez Rivera, Jul 12, 2019

2. Digital Rights Update Tool: Error

Hi,

We want to know more about the issue you’re experiencing. Please provide us the following information:

• Since when did you start to encounter this error message?
    • What additional troubleshooting steps have you done so far to fix this issue with Digital Rights Update Tool error?

Regards.

Michael Tal, Jul 12, 2019
  3. Digital Rights Update Tool: Error

Thank you for sending us your quick response. To further assist you with the error message you encountered with Digital Rights Update Tool, please check this

link
    and follow the steps provided.

Let us know how it goes.

Michael Tal, Jul 12, 2019
  4. Digital Rights Update Tool not working

Digital Rights Update Tool Error: 0x000000080041181

Hi Bob,

We would like to clarify a few details regarding the problem you have encountered with playing .wma files on your Windows 10 PC to help us isolate this case.

• Were you able to play .wma files before the Digital Rights Update Tool was installed?
    • Why was the Digital Rights Update Tool installed?
    • Have you tried uninstalling it?

If there are other information you can share with us other than what we've asked above, that would be very helpful.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

Digital Rights Update Tool not working

1. Digital Rights Update Tool not working - Similar Threads - Digital Rights Update

2. Desktop admin rights Tool (web)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop admin rights Tool (web): Is there any option or tool available to accept user requests for desktop admin rights (temp or permanent) and auto process the admin rights requests upon respective approvals ?...
  3. Digital Rights Update Tool Error: 0x000000080041181

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Digital Rights Update Tool Error: 0x000000080041181: I saw that there was a duplicate question (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/digital-rights-update-tool-error-0x000000080041181/965dcbf5-9b31-4461-9174-6304db831dc2), but I have some additional questions about this. I got my files a long time ago for my...
  4. Digital License Won't Work?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Digital License Won't Work?: So I recently go a new desktop and installed windows 10 home onto it. My laptop had windows 8 and I updated to the free windows 10 that Microsoft gave meaning I had the windows 10 home digital license. The problem is that my PC wont activate windows, even thought im signed...
  5. windows 10 update not working right?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 update not working right?: As a major PC gamer i rely on windows 10. this last update seems to have broke my computer. windows isn't recognizing my ibuypower keyboard that came with the computer, it's causing my razer headset, keyboard and firefly mouse pad not to communicate properly causing the RGB...
  6. Digital Rights Update Tool Crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Digital Rights Update Tool Crashes: I've been using the Digital Rights Update Tool to remove protection from WMA files that I ripped myself from my own CDs. It seems to work most of the time, but it frequently crashes when trying to convert some WMA files. Here is the Application Log entry when it crashes:...
  7. Digital Rights Update Tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Digital Rights Update Tool: I am trying to help a user regain access to their DRM protected .wma music files. They are using Windows 10 1803 and I am trying to use the 'Digital Rights Update Tool' to remove the copy protection that was originally added to the files when audio CDs were ripped to the...
  8. Western digital Blue owners. Thoughts if this sounds right?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Western digital Blue owners. Thoughts if this sounds right?: So just got my HDD replacement. And going from a seagate to a WD hard drive it sounds weird and a lot different, but I just can't tell if that's me. What it sounds like installing Windows updates > Brand new western digital HDD sound! - YouTube Anyway I'm just looking...
  9. Right click not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click not working: Upgraded to windows 10 yesterday. Right click not working since then anywhere. Request help. 11777
  10. Right click not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click not working: Hi Guys, I guess we need some help here. My girlfriend bought an ASUS with a Windows 10. She copied some photos and when she wants to do a right click, the whole system collapses. The screen goes blank, then it comes back after a second and everything is as if nothing has...