Windows 10: Digital Rights Update Tool

Discus and support Digital Rights Update Tool in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to help a user regain access to their DRM protected .wma music files. They are using Windows 10 1803 and I am trying to use the 'Digital... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cnfcomps, Nov 6, 2018.

1. cnfcomps Win User

Digital Rights Update Tool

I am trying to help a user regain access to their DRM protected .wma music files. They are using Windows 10 1803 and I am trying to use the 'Digital Rights Update Tool' to remove the copy protection that was originally added to the files when audio CDs were ripped to the computer whilst still using Windows 7. I keep getting the message 'The pDRM service returned an invalid response, or no response was received'.

Whilst troubleshooting the problem I have tried:

- Transferring the music files to a different computer and running the update tool from there.
    - Connecting to the Internet via a VPN with different country settings in case the problem is regional.
    - Ensuring that the music files are in the 'Music' folder rather than somewhere else on the hard drive.
    - Moving the 'Digital Rights Update Tool' to another drive and running it from there.
    - Copying some tracks from a CD to a Windows XP computer using Windows Media Player with copy protection enabled, and then trying to remove the copy protection using the 'Digital Rights Update Tool' on Windows 10 - same error.

If anyone knows why this might be or if the tool just doesn't work for anyone any more I would be very grateful for your input.

Matt.

:)

cnfcomps, Nov 6, 2018

2. Digital Rights Update Tool: Error

Hi,

We want to know more about the issue you’re experiencing. Please provide us the following information:

• Since when did you start to encounter this error message?
    • What additional troubleshooting steps have you done so far to fix this issue with Digital Rights Update Tool error?

Regards.

Michael Tal, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Digital Rights Update Tool: Error

Thank you for sending us your quick response. To further assist you with the error message you encountered with Digital Rights Update Tool, please check this

link
    and follow the steps provided.

Let us know how it goes.

Michael Tal, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Digital Rights Update Tool

Digital Rights Update Tool Error: 0x000000080041181

Hi Bob,

We would like to clarify a few details regarding the problem you have encountered with playing .wma files on your Windows 10 PC to help us isolate this case.

• Were you able to play .wma files before the Digital Rights Update Tool was installed?
    • Why was the Digital Rights Update Tool installed?
    • Have you tried uninstalling it?

If there are other information you can share with us other than what we've asked above, that would be very helpful.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Digital Rights Update Tool

1. Digital Rights Update Tool - Similar Threads - Digital Rights Update

2. Fix for "Excep_FromHResult 0x80070005" error when using microsoft Digital Rights Update Tool?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fix for "Excep_FromHResult 0x80070005" error when using microsoft Digital Rights Update Tool?: I Backed up music in old windows xp pc to external drive, I then tried to playback files on new laptop but couldn't due to DRM so I tried using the Digital rights update tool on windows 10 laptop and I keep getting "Access is denied. Excep_FromHResult 0x80070005" error...
  3. Fix for "Excep_FromHResult 0x80070005" error when using microsoft Digital Rights Update Tool?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix for "Excep_FromHResult 0x80070005" error when using microsoft Digital Rights Update Tool?: I Backed up music in old windows xp pc to external drive, I then tried to playback files on new laptop but couldn't due to DRM so I tried using the Digital rights update tool on windows 10 laptop and I keep getting "Access is denied. Excep_FromHResult 0x80070005" error...
  4. Fix for "Excep_FromHResult 0x80070005" error when using microsoft Digital Rights Update Tool?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. digital rights update tool not working

digital rights update tool not working: Hello guys I am trying the last few days to find a way to listen my old ripped cds that i have on my laptop with the "digital rights update tool",but every time that i am trying the app is just ending. To explain exactly,i am putting the file in the app,it starts...
  6. Media Creation Tool and Digital License Queries

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Creation Tool and Digital License Queries: Hi folks, I have THREE different Media Creation Tools - one from August 2016, one from August 2018 (labelled 1803) and one from August 2019 (labelled 1903). Does it matter which tool I run in order to get a backup copy of Windows 10? In other words, when I run the tool,...
  7. Digital Rights Update Tool not working

Digital Rights Update Tool not working: Hello! I'm a bit confused on why it is not letting me remove the DRM on one of my audio files. It's under the .wma format and I've tried using the app with the same audio file and the same app on an older Surface and it worked perfectly fine. When I tried to use the app...
  8. Desktop admin rights Tool (web)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop admin rights Tool (web): Is there any option or tool available to accept user requests for desktop admin rights (temp or permanent) and auto process the admin rights requests upon respective approvals ?...
  9. Digital Rights Update Tool Error: 0x000000080041181

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Digital Rights Update Tool Error: 0x000000080041181: I saw that there was a duplicate question (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/digital-rights-update-tool-error-0x000000080041181/965dcbf5-9b31-4461-9174-6304db831dc2), but I have some additional questions about this. I got my files a long time ago for my...
  10. Digital Rights Update Tool Crashes

Digital Rights Update Tool Crashes: I've been using the Digital Rights Update Tool to remove protection from WMA files that I ripped myself from my own CDs. It seems to work most of the time, but it frequently crashes when trying to convert some WMA files. Here is the Application Log entry when it crashes:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the pdrm service returned an invalid response

2. Digital Rights Update Tool

3. digital rights update tool for windows xp

4. digital rights update tool error pdrm,
  5. pDRM service returned an invalid response or no response was received,
  6. pdrm returned invalid response,
  7. digital rights update tool doesnt work,
  8. digital rights update tool pdrm error,
  9. digital rights update tool pdrm returned invalid response