Windows 10: Digital signing cert validity

Discus and support Digital signing cert validity in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why is it when I download Windows 10 Media Creator from microsoft.com/en-ca/software… and then do a Right click on the file properties | Seclect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by frustrated999, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Digital signing cert validity

Why is it when I download Windows 10 Media Creator from microsoft.com/en-ca/software… and then do a Right click on the file properties | Seclect digital signatures | Click on General tab and View Certificate here it shows valid from 7/12/2018 to 8/8/2019

Digital signing cert validity 101e85cd-00c1-4504-a550-acb91c4613fb?upload=true.png

:)

frustrated999, Sep 2, 2019
  2. sorites Win User

Unable to Connect to Exchange 2010 - Cert Error 80072F06

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I ended up coming to the same conclusion about it being a problem with the CN in the cert. It's weird because if you viewed the cert, you would see that it did have a matching CN. However, browsers (Firefox, IE, and Chrome) pointed
    to OWA all reported a problem with the cert -- both due to not trusting the CA (it was self-signed) and due to a name mismatch.

This cert did show the proper CN when you viewed the cert, so the browser error was odd, but the CN address was missing from the list of Alternate Names, which is apparently what the browser (and WP7) look at to determine whether or not a site is valid for
    the cert. Anyway, the Exchange admin issued a new cert and included the CN in the AN list and all was good.

Since I had previously installed the root cert to my WP7, I was able to immediately set up my Exchange 2010 account on the phone.

Someone else in my office has an Android phone, and he had problems with the cert too. But for him, he just checked the "Accept all certs" box, and he was good to go. It would be great if MS offered that in cases like this, where I, the user, explicitly
    trust the cert in question.

--

tl;dr +1 rep to Tobias D. It was a problem with the CN. Issued new cert to Exchange server and all is good.

sorites, Sep 2, 2019
  3. How to sign Powershell profile w/ self-signed certificate?

I currently have my execution-policy set to AllSigned. I don't want to change it or bypass that restriction.

When I created my profile script--or whatever it's called--I wanted to do so in order to set permanent aliases.

For whatever reason, Microsoft has made it an ever increasingly difficult endeavor just to create permanent aliases.

The problem now is that it won't run the script because it isn't digitally signed.

I attempted to make a self-signed certificate to sign the blasted thing but I never got anywhere.

I've looked at a few guides online but they all assume I'm in a server environment or something (which means the steps keep changing or involve unnecessary steps).

In the end, I wound up with a code-signing cert and the thing is in my current-user cert store.

I'm trying to get this to work on my Windows 10 Pro desktop but I haven't a clue as to what I'm actually supposed to be doing.

Is it even possible to get what I'm asking for? *Confused

P.S. - I have no experience with either Powershell or certificates. The only reason I know what I've mentioned so far is because I spent 2-3 minutes glossing over the help files. My knowledge of PKI has me understanding that you need a private key to sign something, but I can't even get the certificate to validate my own key so it's kind of getting me flustered at this point.

That Random Guy, Sep 2, 2019
  4. durnster Win User

Digital signing cert validity

Sending digitally signed emails from WP7

I have successfully opened a digitally signed and encrypted email on my HDC HD7, after emailing the cert to my phone. Is it possible to send a signed/encrypted email from the device?

durnster, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

Digital signing cert validity

1. Digital signing cert validity - Similar Threads - Digital signing cert

2. How to fix or digitally sign BthA2dp.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to fix or digitally sign BthA2dp.sys: My Surface headphones are stuck in hands-free and the audio is pretty bad compared to normal stereo headphone use. I think it's related to BthA2dp.sys not working. I've done all the typical attempts to fix. remove the cortana app, remove, uninstall drivers, reinstall and...
  3. Why Microsoft.Photos.exe is not digitally not signed by Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Microsoft.Photos.exe is not digitally not signed by Microsoft?: Hi, Kindly tell why many of the Windows 10 apps has Microsoft no signature including Microsoft.Photos.exe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-microsoftphotosexe-is-not-digitally-not-signed/21199c33-c801-407c-a9ab-9ce332d4706b
  4. Windows Installers not digitally signed?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Installers not digitally signed?: I’ve been trying to troubleshoot this on my own the last two days with little success. So recently I must have messed up some files for a game (MTG Arena) and I decided to just reinstall the whole thing. Problem is that during the installation process I will get an error...
  5. the driver cannot be installed because it is either not digitally signed or not signed in...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    the driver cannot be installed because it is either not digitally signed or not signed in...: Hello, I am trying to print a page from my new Lenovo flex 5. I added my printer brother mfc-j430w but it says the driver is unavailable, I also tried to update the driver from device manager but I get the line mentioned above in the subject....
  6. Windows requires a digitally signed driver

in Windows 10 News
    Windows requires a digitally signed driver: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Device Drivers are necessary for communication between hardware and software of an operating system. Some drivers are digitally signed. Digitally signed drivers are drivers which signed by their issuing authority in such a manner that the end user or any...
  7. Install Drivers Without Digitally Signed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Install Drivers Without Digitally Signed: Hi, I can't install a driver that I need because that isn't Digitally Signed. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-drivers-without-digitally-signed/07f25710-09fb-4b2c-b818-037b8c370e94
  8. No valid digital license/Product Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No valid digital license/Product Key: Hi, Getting error code 0x803FA067 when using the Windows 10 Home Product Key to reactivate the product. I had to replace my motherboard. I tried Powershell command: (Get-WmiObject -query 'select * from SoftwareLicensingService').OA3xOriginalProductKey which did not...
  9. digi cert

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    digi cert: In windows 10 How do I remove DigiCert from my computer? They are evil and interfere with my facebook videos. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/digi-cert/f75c189e-5a97-4270-a926-55f534408b62
  10. No "Valid Digital Entitlement Or Product Key'

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No "Valid Digital Entitlement Or Product Key': W7 tower that was upgraded to 10 over a year ago. Got a TM.sys error (Tm.sys - 0xc0000221 Error - Windows 10 Forums) necessitating a reinstall. Everything went fine except for my desktop picture that was about 40% bigger than it used to be. I shrunk it down using MS Paint,...