Windows 10: Digital Windows activation key wont work anymore

Discus and support Digital Windows activation key wont work anymore in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey people, I came across an issue which I cant find solution to. I have been Insider user for years now and I do change laptops fairly often and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by NoBrainerNeeded, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Digital Windows activation key wont work anymore

Hey people,

I came across an issue which I cant find solution to.

I have been Insider user for years now and I do change laptops fairly often and since my last installation on older Dell laptop of Win 10 Pro, my digital key seem to be not working anymore.

Still asks me to Activate Windows even though I have signed in with my MS account.

Can digital keys assigned to MS account be removed?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Kind regards

:)

NoBrainerNeeded, Mar 5, 2020

2. Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, Mar 5, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Digital activation key

Hi Tony

You do not need a product key to re-install Windows 10, as long as you re-install the exact same Edition of Windows 10, your licence will be unaffected and Windows 10 should self-activate without any user interaction . . .

If you have already re-installed Windows 10 and you have an activation error, please check you have installed the same edition - go to Settings - System - About. Is the correct Edition of Windows 10 listed there that matches the previously installed Edition?

If you are about to re-install Windows 10:

Since you previously had Windows 10 installed and activated on that PC during the installation process skip the steps which ask for a product key and select the option 'I am Reinstalling Windows 10 on this PC', and activation will not be an issue, your PC will
    have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers

DaveM121, Mar 5, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Digital Windows activation key wont work anymore

activate windows 7 oem key

There is no difference between the OEM disc and the Retail disc with Windows 7. A retail disc will accept a OEM or Retail key, and vise versa.

If the OEM Key wasn't going to work with the disc you have, it would have stopped you during the install when it first asked you for the key, not during activation.

What is likely the problem is that, since the OEM version has already been activated once, it is failing activation again. Activate it over the phone using the option given to you on the failed activation screen, and you shouldn't have a problem activating it.

newtekie1, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

Digital Windows activation key wont work anymore

1. Digital Windows activation key wont work anymore - Similar Threads - Digital activation key

2. digital key activation for windows 10 pro but not working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    digital key activation for windows 10 pro but not working: hello , please i tried all ways to fix the problem from your website .. i have digital key activation for windows 10 pro but not working .. please i need your support...
  3. digital key activation for windows 10 pro but not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    digital key activation for windows 10 pro but not working: hello , please i tried all ways to fix the problem from your website .. i have digital key activation for windows 10 pro but not working .. please i need your support...
  4. digital key activation for windows 10 pro but not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Activation key wont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation key wont work: Hello Peoples .was wondering how i can get my windows Activated even though i have the original disc & key numbers i just cannot get it to activate https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-activation-key-wont-work/f013e636-7377-410a-9693-f1fe2bb37137
  6. Windows Activation key wont work

Windows Activation key wont work: Hello Peoples .was wondering how i can get my windows Activated even though i have the original disc & key numbers i just cannot get it to activate https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-activation-key-wont-work/f013e636-7377-410a-9693-f1fe2bb37137
  7. Windows Activation key wont work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows wont active with digital key after hardware change

Windows wont active with digital key after hardware change: Hi, I recently built a new PC and have just installed Windows 10 Pro, I have a digital key and I have followed all the instructions of logging into my account and it should activate but it does not. I get this error code though0xC004F213...
  9. Windows activation and digital keys

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows activation and digital keys: Hi I have a Lenovo Z50 laptop which originally had Win 8.1 installed I upgraded free to Win 10 but after an update maybe 2 months ago everything went wrong, I had a black screen no curser, no control, no access, I had to do the three forced shutdowns to reset and now I have...
  10. Digital activation key

Digital activation key: Where can I find the digital activation key? I upgraded from windows 7 to Windows 10 and have just had to reinstall the software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/digital-activation-key/bdf54bcf-5912-4802-b53f-8f3c9eed6b82"