Windows 10: Dim the UI elements, leaving pictures and movies intact

Discus and support Dim the UI elements, leaving pictures and movies intact in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I just wanted to reduce the contrast of UI elements, such as webpages or folder backgrounds, while keeping pictures and movies intact. The idea is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gael_the_druid, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Dim the UI elements, leaving pictures and movies intact

So I just wanted to reduce the contrast of UI elements, such as webpages or folder backgrounds, while keeping pictures and movies intact.

The idea is to darken anything but pictures and movies. So that when a webpage has some #000000 in styles, it will display as #000000. If it has #808080 in styles, it will display as #606060, and if it has #FFFFFF in styles - it will display as #C0C0C0.

Is there a way to do that? The browser is Chrome.

submitted by /u/gael_the_druid
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gael_the_druid, Apr 30, 2020
  2. Zekrom333 Win User

Missing UI elements/Glitch

Some minor UI elements are missing on my Win10, like the gray background of the commonly used Apps you see when you click on the search button in the taskbar. Another missing UI element is the small rounded rectangle that indicates the percentage in the
    slider bars, this includes the volume slider that pops up when you click the volume icon in the taskbar, the volume slider inside of the Movies & TV app and the screen brightness slider inside of the notification centre. Basically all of the native Win10 applications
    that have sliders in them are missing the little rounded squared that indicates the percentage on the slider. It's important to mention that all of the features are fully functional and work as intended, they're just missing the slider's indicator.
    I have tried all the standard restoring procedures such as running DISM and SFC commands, nothing works as this issue is not being detected by any of these methods.
    Please get back to me on this, I'm looking forward to a solution.

Best regards.

Zekrom333, May 23, 2020
  3. Dark tiles and UI elements

Hi,

I have just updates my sp3 and everything is good except an annoying graphical bug.

In a random fashion, graphical elements in modern apps or on the start menu start to dim progressively including text.

This impacts the tiles on the start menu, but in apps, such as the Facebook app, they are grey rectangles at strange places< those grey rectangle di; to black and hides content of the app.

It is not the only modern app experiencing those problems, I experience this strange behaviour on the favourites menu in Edge took where Amorites are liste but not visible.

My theme is dark in windows and edge.

SimonTHOREL, May 23, 2020
  4. Dim the UI elements, leaving pictures and movies intact

Element not found when click on picture file

When I click on a picture in my picture folder it says "Element not found". Any thoughts our suggestions?

Bluejaywae, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Dim the UI elements, leaving pictures and movies intact

1. Dim the UI elements, leaving pictures and movies intact - Similar Threads - Dim elements leaving

2. How to clear space from Onedrive leaving my local files intact?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to clear space from Onedrive leaving my local files intact?: My storage is full and I just want to clear everything on it so I can send and recieve e-mails again properly, but whatever I delete from Onedrive is deleted from my local files. Also, my local documents folder just contains a shortcut to the Onedrive folder, and I don't know...
  3. Changing Windows UI Elements

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Windows UI Elements: I'm new to Windows 10 (Windows 10 Pro 20H2) and I've been trying to change some UI elements. 1. Registry. Changing the value of "MenuBar" in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors" has no effect. Why is that? Can I change the MenuBar background color somewhere else in the...
  4. How can I delete windows while leaving everything else intact?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I delete windows while leaving everything else intact?: Hello, I am in the process of upgrading my computer (or constructing a new one. It's sort of a ship of Theseus situation). My new computer will have an SSD which I plan to use for a fresh copy of Windows, and all of my programs and games. My old hard drive has a lot of media...
  5. Change owner of computer, leave files intact

Change owner of computer, leave files intact: My wife and I both have accounts on a Microsoft Surface 3. I want to remove my account, but leave all the files on the machine and to have her become the only account on the machine, maintaining her access to all accounts....
  6. Some UI elements not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some UI elements not working: Recently I haven't been able to use some UI elements, I first noticed it in firefox, when I couldn't use some of the navbar buttonsthe refresh and back and forward buttons, after that, I noticed that some of the buttons in file explores don't workthe forward buttons and some...
  7. Pictures are dim

Pictures are dim: When I open any pictures, the screen goes dim, but only when I open pictures. I have been reading about the screens dimming, and have changed all power and display settings, but my pictures are still dim, even after updates and restarts. My drivers are updated. I don't think...
  8. Programs with blurry text and UI elements

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs with blurry text and UI elements: When I launch any program in Windows, the text is alright. After some time or in case of Adobe Programs immediately start to have blurry text, and some user interface elements, such as buttons or in general, anything rounded. When the blurriness starts to occur, the...
  9. Missing UI elements/Glitch

Missing UI elements/Glitch: Some minor UI elements are missing on my Win10, like the gray background of the commonly used Apps you see when you click on the search button in the taskbar. Another missing UI element is the small rounded rectangle that indicates the percentage in the slider bars, this...
  10. Some UI or element doesnt appear

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some UI or element doesnt appear: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 1903v, os build 18362 with amd radeon graphic adrenalin 19.10.1. I cant do my work because of some UI, text, etc doesn't appear. I have contact AMD, but doesn't help at all. I've clean it with DDU, reinstall it, update the latest software, and many...