Windows 10: Diminished WI-FI Range After November 2019 Windows Update

Discus and support Diminished WI-FI Range After November 2019 Windows Update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have searched and tried every method on the community and still have diminished WiFi range that began right after Windows update in November of 2019.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Christopher_1000, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Diminished WI-FI Range After November 2019 Windows Update

I have searched and tried every method on the community and still have diminished WiFi range that began right after Windows update in November of 2019. Unless I am sitting in front of my router my signal is garbage. Too far and it drops completely. Microsoft needs to address as my laptop is almost useless. And issue is not router as other Wi-Fi devices work fine. I have a

HP Notebook - 15-da0079nr

Windows 10 64 bit

:)

Christopher_1000, Dec 12, 2019

2. Western Digital Unveils the My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender

WD, a subsidiary of Western Digital, and a world leader in external storage and solutions for today's connected life, today unveils its My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender to expand wireless home networks into out-of-reach areas of the home.

Following the introduction of its first line of wireless home networking products, the acclaimed My Net family of HD dual-band routers, the selectable dual-band My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender provides faster, stronger and more reliable wireless network coverage to computers, smartphones, tablets, gaming consoles, media players, smart TVs and other Wi-Fi connected devices that suffer from a weak Wi-Fi signal within the home.

Diminished WI-FI Range After November 2019 Windows Update wd_my_net_range_extender_01_thm.jpg

"Today's home is filled with multiple Wi-Fi connected devices simultaneously streaming movies, music and TV shows on services such as Netflix, Hulu Plus, VUDU and others," explains Scott Vouri, general manager for WD's connected life solutions group. "The My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender provides faster speeds at greater distances, enabling HD streaming to the outermost areas of the home."

My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender's power comes from its 3x3 multiple input, multiple output (MIMO) antenna array design, versus the 2x2 design used by most competitive products. This design enables customers to significantly extend the Wi-Fi signal from their existing routers or gateways, letting them enjoy HD streaming movies, online gaming and video calls in remote areas of the home with the fastest wireless-N speeds possible. The range extender also features a Gigabit Ethernet port, providing a high-speed Internet connection for distant, wired-only entertainment devices.

Setup of the My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender is a simple two step process, with no installation CD or software needed. Customers can use Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) to connect the range extender to their existing home network with a push of a button. Then they can use the convenient Wi-Fi signal strength indicator lights on the front of the range extender to find the optimal signal-boosting location in their home. Once all the indicator lights are lit, the My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender is in the best location to provide maximum performance. The My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender is compatible with all Wi-Fi certified routers and gateways, as well as all wireless Wi-Fi standards, from 802.11a to 802.11ac.

Availability and Pricing
    My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender is available now at select U.S. retailers and online at wdstore.com. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is $89.99 USD.

Cristian_25H, Dec 12, 2019
  3. Windows 10 and no wi-fi

Hi Joachim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: The issue may occur if the drivers for Wi-fi are not installed or updated. I suggest you to install/update the latest version for Wi-fi drivers by following the steps below.

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’ and right click on Wi-fi driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 12, 2019
  4. Diminished WI-FI Range After November 2019 Windows Update

wi fi not working on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: The issue may occur if the drivers for Wi-fi are not installed or updated. I suggest you to install/update the latest version for Wi-fi drivers by following the steps below.

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’ and right click on Wi-fi driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

Diminished WI-FI Range After November 2019 Windows Update

1. Diminished WI-FI Range After November 2019 Windows Update - Similar Threads - Diminished Range November

2. slow wi-fi after updating the windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    slow wi-fi after updating the windows: My wi-fi started to be slow after i updated the windows, for exemple i want to open more tabs.first tab will be youtube and the other 5 will be some other sites, only the tab with youtube is working properly the videos are loading in 1080p very fast, but in the other tabs it...
  3. slow wi-fi after updating the windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    slow wi-fi after updating the windows: My wi-fi started to be slow after i updated the windows, for exemple i want to open more tabs.first tab will be youtube and the other 5 will be some other sites, only the tab with youtube is working properly the videos are loading in 1080p very fast, but in the other tabs it...
  4. Laptop WI-FI range reduced

Laptop WI-FI range reduced: I have a DELL Inspiron 5547, before updating it's OS I used to be able to conect to the internet from anywhere in my house my router is currently instaled at my living room, however now, after instaling the latest Windows patch, I can only conect to the internet if my...
  5. Windows Update ( November 2019)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update ( November 2019): When downloading the November update it doesn't work and fails multiple times before even after a reset. And i have tried reinstalling it before. I need to know if this is fixable.[ATTACH]...
  6. Windows November 2019 Update

Windows November 2019 Update: I am getting an error code - 0x80080005 when I am trying to download the update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-november-2019-update/b696f27c-8f6c-4439-94d1-5502f3f6981e
  7. Wi-Fi problems after windows update

Wi-Fi problems after windows update: I have an old Qualcomm Atheros Wi-Fi card that has been having issues. After an update a couple of days ago, whenever I connect to my second router, which I am working on getting client mode on it via DD-WRT, via Ethernet and go to the config page, my drivers just break. I...
  8. After the update, the Wi-Fi disappeared

After the update, the Wi-Fi disappeared: Hello! After your system update, driver updates automatically loaded onto my computer's chipset. Now I have a lost Wi-Fi network. It is treated only by a rollback of the system. I noticed a driver bug even more than six months ago, and so I manually disconnected updates from...
  9. Wi-Fi range issues

Wi-Fi range issues: I have to sit next to my router, otherwise, the speed gets throttled to like 1 KBPS. I have even tried a lot of troubleshooting methods but never had a bit of progress. All of the driver cards are also up-to-date....
  10. How extend range of wi-fi

How extend range of wi-fi: I'd like to know what the options are to extend my wi-fi signal range. I have extra routers if that help and I'm hoping to not spend a lot of money. Thank you. 98411