Windows 10: dimmed... cannot fix

Discus and support dimmed... cannot fix in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I adjusted the brightness with the F3 key days ago and now it wont go back. I went into settings and adjusted the brightness on the scale and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 64flutterby, Sep 16, 2018.

1. dimmed... cannot fix

I adjusted the brightness with the F3 key days ago and now it wont go back. I went into settings and adjusted the brightness on the scale and still...nothing.

:)

64flutterby, Sep 16, 2018
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Sep 16, 2018
  3. Joan Pin Win User
    display dimming

Hi,

There's a possibility that this issue is due to the Display settings of your device. For us to isolate your concern, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Is it only happening when you connect your device to Windows 10?
    • If it's not connected, have you noticed certain activities wherein the screen dims automatically?
    • Have you tried using a different HDMI cable?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Joan Pin, Sep 16, 2018
  4. dimmed... cannot fix

Adaptive Dimming

Thank you for providing your answer to the questions.

If that did not resolve your concern, follow the steps below:

• Go back to the first setting that you've tried (Refer to your screenshot).
    • Under Dimmed display brightness, change the value of
      On battery
      and Plugged in option to "0".
    • Click Apply and restart your computer.
    Changing the value to "0" won't automatically reduce the display brightness of your computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Kenneth Mon, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

dimmed... cannot fix

1. dimmed... cannot fix - Similar Threads - dimmed cannot fix

2. screen dimming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen dimming: Screen dimming wont turn off when I have split tabs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-dimming/58c5a185-c1e2-4a9f-bf5f-7aa1d3d0be1d
  3. screen dimming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen dimming: Screen dimming wont turn off when I have split tabs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-dimming/58c5a185-c1e2-4a9f-bf5f-7aa1d3d0be1d
  4. Dim Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dim Screen: Why is my screen like this?My screen suddenly dims whenever I open minimized appsSomeone help me pleaseI have already tried doing several system restores, sfc /scannow but none worked.It doesn't get dim for some time after a system restore is complete. But if I restart the...
  5. Dim Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dim Screen: Why is my screen like this?My screen suddenly dims whenever I open minimized appsSomeone help me pleaseI have already tried doing several system restores, sfc /scannow but none worked.It doesn't get dim for some time after a system restore is complete. But if I restart the...
  6. Dimming Screen

Dimming Screen: Hello, I have this problem with my Surface Pro 7 computer. When I switch to a dark screen the screen dims and when i then go back to a bright screen it becomes bright again. Its draining through my battery. I already have disabled the setting that says Adjust brightness when...
  7. Dim Brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dim Brightness: hello, please i need help with how i can restore my brightness to a higher resolution since my brightness just went automatically dim and no amount of adjustment seems to restore it back. thank you...
  8. Pictures are dim

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pictures are dim: When I open any pictures, the screen goes dim, but only when I open pictures. I have been reading about the screens dimming, and have changed all power and display settings, but my pictures are still dim, even after updates and restarts. My drivers are updated. I don't think...
  9. Screen Dimming

Screen Dimming: Hello, Ever since a few days ago, the screen brightness on my Surface Laptop keeps reducing to the minimum. I have turned off automatic adjustment to brightness in the Display section in Settings, and still this keeps happening. The brightness indicator on the top left of...
  10. dimming the screen

dimming the screen: I'd like to lower the brightness even further than the display options show. My slider is all the way to the left. It would be great if there was a slider that could lower it all the way to black, as the screen is still far too bright. -Zach...