Windows 10: dimming the screen

Discus and support dimming the screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'd like to lower the brightness even further than the display options show. My slider is all the way to the left. It would be great if there was a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ZachRichardson, Sep 19, 2019.

1. dimming the screen

I'd like to lower the brightness even further than the display options show. My slider is all the way to the left. It would be great if there was a slider that could lower it all the way to black, as the screen is still far too bright.

-Zach

:)

ZachRichardson, Sep 19, 2019
  2. Fool Win User

How to dim screen?

I tried googling Windows Ten, "how to dim screen," but the layout listed is not the layout I have. I just got Ten yesterday. How do you dim the screen?

I can't even find the options in the Display section.

3. Dim screen Win 10?

Have read the blogs. Windows 10 needs to make it EASY for people to dim their screen. This is my 3rd Toshiba laptop and it was easy to adjust the screen on all 3 including this one, until windows 10. Will buy a new laptop without Win 10 before I'll go
    through all the steps to dim screen in win 10 that is listed in the blogs I've read. I did stall an APP that helped but screen still hurts my eyes and creates a headache. Anybody have an EASY answer. It was so easy to work with DOS and windows 3.1. It's been
    a pain for a lot of people ever since they came up with the REGISTRY. Thanks people.

RandyFilion, Sep 19, 2019
  4. Macjei Win User

dimming the screen

Weird screen dimming issue.

For the last few weeks I've had this bizarre issue where my screen will randomly dim. I can't click on anything when this happens.. The only way to fix it, is to either restart my computer or re-log.

Any suggestions?

Macjei, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

dimming the screen

1. dimming the screen - Similar Threads - dimming screen

2. Phone Link screen on Windows is dimmed and has low brightness that cannot be adjusted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link screen on Windows is dimmed and has low brightness that cannot be adjusted: I'm running Phone Link on my Win11 laptop to my Samsung Galaxy S24U this problem has existed across all of my older phones. When I view the phone's screen on Windows, the brightness is really low/dimmed significantly such that it's hard to see what's being displayed. It does...
  3. Phone Link screen on Windows is dimmed and has low brightness that cannot be adjusted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link screen on Windows is dimmed and has low brightness that cannot be adjusted: I'm running Phone Link on my Win11 laptop to my Samsung Galaxy S24U this problem has existed across all of my older phones. When I view the phone's screen on Windows, the brightness is really low/dimmed significantly such that it's hard to see what's being displayed. It does...
  4. Dim screen brightness below lowest setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dim screen brightness below lowest setting: I got a new desktop PC last September and it's really nice except for one thing, and that's the brightness of the screen.I always have it dimmed to the lowest setting because it's SO BRIGHT!I USED to have it on night light, which helped a LOT thanks computer designers, but...
  5. Dim screen brightness below lowest setting

Dim screen brightness below lowest setting: I got a new desktop PC last September and it's really nice except for one thing, and that's the brightness of the screen.I always have it dimmed to the lowest setting because it's SO BRIGHT!I USED to have it on night light, which helped a LOT thanks computer designers, but...
  6. Is there an app that auto dims screen after a period of time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there an app that auto dims screen after a period of time?: Like the oled protection function of the Xbox series s submitted by /u/JOOOQUUU [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1bgmpgm/is_there_an_app_that_auto_dims_screen_after_a/
  7. Winforms screen dimming overlay program gets drawn twice when opening/closing start menu or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Winforms screen dimming overlay program gets drawn twice when opening/closing start menu or...: I'm currently making a small screen dimming program in C# that uses black windows forms with an adjustable opacity. In order to be able to dim the windows start menu as well as alt+tab and win+tab menu's I've declared the program to be accessibility as described in the top...
  8. Winforms screen dimming overlay program gets drawn twice when opening/closing start menu or...

Winforms screen dimming overlay program gets drawn twice when opening/closing start menu or...: I'm currently making a small screen dimming program in C# that uses black windows forms with an adjustable opacity. In order to be able to dim the windows start menu as well as alt+tab and win+tab menu's I've declared the program to be accessibility as described in the top...
  9. Lenovo Laptop Screen Extremely Dim

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Laptop Screen Extremely Dim: When I switched my laptop on, the screen didn't show up, so I reset it and now the screen is extremely dim and barely readable. I reset it countless times, left it to charge, I've done all the keyboard commands like Ctrl+alt+delete & Win+P, etc. and nothings working.Please...
  10. Lenovo Laptop Screen Extremely Dim

Lenovo Laptop Screen Extremely Dim: When I switched my laptop on, the screen didn't show up, so I reset it and now the screen is extremely dim and barely readable. I reset it countless times, left it to charge, I've done all the keyboard commands like Ctrl+alt+delete & Win+P, etc. and nothings working.Please...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows screen dims dark