Windows 10: Ding from my PC

Discus and support Ding from my PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer is making a ding, like a door bell at a rate of about once per second for about 10 seconds, then pause for about 30 seconds and repeats.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ShaunMoreno, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Ding from my PC

My computer is making a ding, like a door bell at a rate of about once per second for about 10 seconds, then pause for about 30 seconds and repeats. windows defender has warning flag needing to update a couple of features. Could this be the source of my ding?

:)

ShaunMoreno, Oct 1, 2020
  2. Anna78 Win User

Dinging Dinging and "Garmin is Running" why

Thanks for the ideas

Well, I did the roll-back, and then a few days later upgraded to Mango again. I really like the features of Mango. It dinged a couple of times, and then would stop, sort of like having the hiccups. I went a week without any craziness.

However - Then this morning I woke to a phone that was going nuts. I let it run its course, and the dinging went for 6 minutes, then stopped. So I thought, good it got this out of its system. Ding from my PC :) But then in 20 minutes it started all over again. I just
    can't have a phone that does that during a meeting, there is no way to dismiss whatever is dinging. There is no alert or message that comes up. I need my phone on all the time. There is nothing running in background apps. I do not have my task list downloading,
    I don't have that many reminders. This dinging really eats up the battery.

Ideas??

Thanks

For fun I video taped the thing for just a few of the many episodes this morning.

They can be seen here

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v622//?action=view&current=DSCN0153.mp4

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v622//?action=view&current=DSCN0155.mp4

Anna78, Oct 1, 2020
  3. Luke-Papa Win User
    Windows Phone 7.5 Samsung Focus , the problem is Dinging without any reason, It will do “ding”, “ding” pause “ding”, “ding” pause “Ding”, “Ding” Pause and will go on and on

My windows phone it’s a Samsung Focus , the problem is Dinging without any reason, It will do “ding”, “ding” pause “ding”, “ding” pause
    “Ding”, “Ding” and on and on and on and on and on for hours (it’s not funny guys), very, very annoying, what is wrong with it. I did turn all the settings off for any messaging or alerts and reset it and it will not
    stop, I'm getting ready to throw the darn thing as far I can throw it, at the time when I bought this Windows Phone,
    I had the choice of buying an IPhone, but I did not, I regret it so much now. Everybody likes iPhones, I see now why, things like this are not happening
    with the IPhone, now I have to deal with this problematic phone and maybe the problematic
    Microsoft operating system, where I could have being doing
    a million other things, If I don’t find a solution very soon
    I'm considering getting an IPhone, at least I will have a piece of mind, Please some body help me, now I have the phone on just Vibrate, but is using a lot of power, so I’m tired of it, please help

Current Phone Software Version is 7.10(7720)

Luke-Papa, Oct 1, 2020
  4. Ding from my PC

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

Ding from my PC

1. Ding from my PC - Similar Threads - Ding

2. when i plug the computer into the printer you hear a ding noise they are connected. what to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i plug the computer into the printer you hear a ding noise they are connected. what to...: when i plug the computer into the printer you hear a ding noise they are connected. what to do to get it to print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-plug-the-computer-into-the-printer-you-hear/34f3e2df-9f09-4d87-b59d-daf2eeb1fb0c
  3. when i plug the computer into the printer you hear a ding noise they are connected. what to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when i plug the computer into the printer you hear a ding noise they are connected. what to...: when i plug the computer into the printer you hear a ding noise they are connected. what to do to get it to print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-plug-the-computer-into-the-printer-you-hear/34f3e2df-9f09-4d87-b59d-daf2eeb1fb0c
  4. when i plug the computer into the printer you hear a ding noise they are connected. what to...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. ding dong ding noise never ending cycle.

ding dong ding noise never ending cycle.: my windows in annoying me so much, i keep hearing the sound as if i plugged in a new controller or keyboard or my wifi is back on. i hear that windows ding dong ding and then 30 seconds later i hear the dong ding dong as if it was plugged out and the cycle repeats every...
  6. ding dong ding noise never ending cycle.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ding dong ding noise never ending cycle.: my windows in annoying me so much, i keep hearing the sound as if i plugged in a new controller or keyboard or my wifi is back on. i hear that windows ding dong ding and then 30 seconds later i hear the dong ding dong as if it was plugged out and the cycle repeats every...
  7. ding dong ding noise never ending cycle.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. New old laptop win 11 can't stop Ding ding sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New old laptop win 11 can't stop Ding ding sound: I've tried every Google suggestion there is. Turned off ALL notifications and its still making that Bing Bong sound. Can't listen to music or watch . Even when idle, sound won't stop! Pulling my hair out and can't afford to pay store or support site! There MUST be an answer!...
  9. New old laptop win 11 can't stop Ding ding sound

New old laptop win 11 can't stop Ding ding sound: I've tried every Google suggestion there is. Turned off ALL notifications and its still making that Bing Bong sound. Can't listen to music or watch . Even when idle, sound won't stop! Pulling my hair out and can't afford to pay store or support site! There MUST be an answer!...
  10. How to get rid of the white rectangle dinging noise on computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of the white rectangle dinging noise on computer: I am a windows 11 user and I was playing a online game until I started to hear this dinging sound whenever i pressed the keys, I thought to myself “oh! I probably have sticky keys on.” And I turned it off yes I did turn off the keyboard filters and stuff and that didn’t help...