Windows 10: Direct Access stopped working after new update.

Discus and support Direct Access stopped working after new update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone, The recent Windows 1903 Cumulative Update seems to be breaking previously active connectivity with Direct Access to our company... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gggggggggary, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Direct Access stopped working after new update.

Hello everyone,

The recent Windows 1903 Cumulative Update seems to be breaking previously active connectivity with Direct Access to our company network. It was working fine with no problems until this new update was pushed to some of our users. Searched around but it seems no one else has posted about this issue yet, so not sure if it has to do with our GPO settings or the update itself. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you.

:)

gggggggggary, Jul 25, 2019
  2. PHerbie Win User

Win 10 Ent - Direct Access

Does anyone know where i can find info about configuring Win 10 Ent and Direct Access?

We had a Win 8 Direct Access environment setup and working but abandoned it when we abandoned Win 8. I would like to get DA going again with Win 10. The servers etc. are all still in place.

I know DA has had some changes in Win 10. How different is it?

Are there any whitepapers? or sites i can go to that step you through the setup/config?

Thanks

PHerbie, Jul 25, 2019
  3. Setting up direct access to domain or network.

Original title : Microsoft Direct Access.

I am working on setting up Microsoft direct access for my company (unfortunately I have no idea what i am doing). I have a few questions regarding the setup.

1. Does direct access need to be on a domain controller? Can it just be a member server on the domain?

2. How does a client connect to the direct access server?

3. Does direct access require the certificates?

4. Can anyone help me with a simple step by step setup?

Thanks,

Andrew V

Andrew_V RIT, Jul 25, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Direct Access stopped working after new update.

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

Direct Access stopped working after new update.

1. Direct Access stopped working after new update. - Similar Threads - Direct Access stopped

2. Home - Quick Access Stopped Working after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Home - Quick Access Stopped Working after update: Home Quick Access Shortcuts disappeared, and the "Pin to Quick access" command stopped working after the latest Windows 11 update. Cleaning deleting associated file and other solutions were tried and did not help....
  3. Home - Quick Access Stopped Working after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Home - Quick Access Stopped Working after update: Home Quick Access Shortcuts disappeared, and the "Pin to Quick access" command stopped working after the latest Windows 11 update. Cleaning deleting associated file and other solutions were tried and did not help....
  4. Microsoft Direct Access stops working after installing KB5018482 on Windows 10 and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Direct Access stops working after installing KB5018482 on Windows 10 and...: HiAfter installing KB5018482 on Windows 10 21H2 and KB5018341 on Windows 11 clients configured with Direct Access fail to connect and just show as 'connecting'.When we have removed the above updates clients are then able to connect however functionality is limited and any...
  5. Microsoft Direct Access stops working after installing KB5018482 on Windows 10 and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Direct Access stops working after installing KB5018482 on Windows 10 and...: HiAfter installing KB5018482 on Windows 10 21H2 and KB5018341 on Windows 11 clients configured with Direct Access fail to connect and just show as 'connecting'.When we have removed the above updates clients are then able to connect however functionality is limited and any...
  6. Microsoft Direct Access stops working after installing KB5018482 on Windows 10 and...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Direct access

Direct access: Hvordan får jeg direct access til å virke på win10 pro, har problemer å få kontakt med Chromecast og når jeg feilsøker får jeg til svar at Direct accsess ikke er aktivert https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/direct-access/430fe9da-8afa-46fe-a0e2-2334b1ec90a3
  8. my remote access stopped working after the last microsoft update

my remote access stopped working after the last microsoft update: ive not had microsoft 10 pro ever before but it appears now I need to purchase the pro version for remote access to work. anyone else having this issue?...
  9. direct access

in Windows 10 Customization
    direct access: Does direct access work on Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB? I know it does for enterprise 2015 but cant find anything on 2016? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/direct-access/cb6d2868-1275-4499-90f6-83144f843b3c
  10. direct access

direct access: Does direct access work on Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB? I know it does for enterprise 2016 but cant find anything on 2016? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/direct-access/cb6d2868-1275-4499-90f6-83144f843b3c