Windows 10: Direct show trouble

Discus and support Direct show trouble in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Running Win10 ver 1909 build 18363.959. Recently direct show fails when selected in Subtitle Edit. VLC and MPC-HC display fine. I am assuming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Machinist60, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Direct show trouble

Running Win10 ver 1909 build 18363.959.
    Recently direct show fails when selected in Subtitle Edit. VLC and MPC-HC display fine. I am assuming quartz.dll is damaged. sfc /scannow did some repairs but the log file has no mention of quartz. This computer was searched for quartz.dll with many instances found. According to Subtitle Edit it used the copy in the system32 folder. I tried finding a copy of quartz.dll on the internet. I am not confident that it is the correct version and in any event the OS will not let me replace the one in system32.
    Any help in fixing this will be appreciated.
    quartz.dll search.zipSubTitle Edit Settings.zipsystem32-quartz.dll.zip

:)

Machinist60, Jul 31, 2020

2. Windows 10 shows Direct x 12

Hi Jagdishservi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Where have checked for the version of Direct x?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check:

• Press Windows + R keys together.

• Type dxdiag in the run prompt and hit enter.

• Now check for the version of Direct x.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jul 31, 2020
  3. How do I change scroll direction of a mouse NOT listed under Mice?

Thanks; yes, those are great directions and did work to change the direction of the wired mouse that came with the computer. But the mouse I'm using doesn't show up as a mouse in the hardware list, so I can't follow the rest of those steps. I need the mouse to appear on the list of mice in order to complete this sequence.

salishsong, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Direct show trouble

Photos direction arrows not showing

Hi Rafg,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Since when you are facing this issue with Photos app?

• How many photos are present in the subfolder from where you are trying to open Photos through Photos app? (Inside the My pictures sub folder)
    Please be informed that if you have only one photo in the subfolder from where you are trying to open the photos in File explorer, you will not see the direction arrows in the Photos app to view the next picture in the Photos app.

If you have multiple pictures in the subfolder from where you are trying to open the photos in File explorer, then follow the below steps and check if you are able to view the right and left directions in the Photos app to view the pictures.

Step 1:

I suggest you to run the Windows app troubleshooter and check if you are able to fix the issue with Photos app.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the issue still persists, follow the below step.

Step 2:

You may try to uninstall the apps which came inbuilt with Windows 10 using Windows PowerShell and reinstall using Windows store. Follow the below steps to uninstall and reinstall the Photos app.

• Open the Start menu, type
      Windows PowerShell
      in the search bar.

• Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator.

• Enter the below command to reinstall the Photos app.

get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    Note: After performing the above steps, install the Photos app form the Windows store.

You may try to open the photos app and check if the issue persist.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Direct show trouble

1. Direct show trouble - Similar Threads - Direct show trouble

2. Direct X

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Direct X: Hello, I have problem Some Files From Direct X are Missed Like d3dx9_39.dll and stum.dll so I can not Play Riot Games.My PC Dell G15 5510 I Have Windows10 and Direct X 12 What Should I Do?...
  3. wifi direct setting does not show in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi direct setting does not show in windows 10: Hi, I need to connect my TV to my laptop using wifi. As I searched, I found out that I should use Wifi Direct to solve the problem but I can not find my Wifi Direct Setting anywhere. There are lots of articles stating that it is on Devices/ Bluetooth & other Devices at the...
  4. Directly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Directly: I wanted help from independent experts at Directly I am also an expert at Directly and I can no longer access the panel, the error. I do not know the reason. I can't get in touch with them. Somebody help me...
  5. Neighbors TV's showing up in Connect Tab / Wifi-Direct

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Neighbors TV's showing up in Connect Tab / Wifi-Direct: [ATTACH] How do I hide certain devices from Windows 10 Wifi-Direct? I want to hide my neighbors 3 Samsung TV, 2 Roku devices, and Firestick. I can do it in PowerShell or the registry if I know what I'm looking for. When I want to pair my headphones, I click "Connect" and...
  6. Having trouble with my hard drive not showing 746.52GB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Having trouble with my hard drive not showing 746.52GB: Hello Having trouble with my harddrive not showing 746.52GB My harddrive is showing 746.52GB Unallocated? I don't know what that means. how can I fourmat it my. Because when I right click it everything in not high lighted. [img] 163286
  7. Trouble with Direct Input for games on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with Direct Input for games on PC: I recently re-installed Halo Custom Edition on a new PC with Windows 10 Professional, and I cannot get the game to play if I install it outside of the C Drive, as I receive an error regarding Direct Input, which I assume to be related to Direct X. However, the game's Field...
  8. Windows 10 NO Direct Access NETSH shows blank

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 NO Direct Access NETSH shows blank: Hi I have one user with Windows 1607 (LTSB) just like the other 150 laptops in our office. However her Direct Access is not working. She gets correct GP, and has keys in Regedit. however if you got to a command prompt and try to run the command NETSH Inter HTTPS Show...
  9. Direct Access Client no longer showing any netsh information

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Direct Access Client no longer showing any netsh information: I have a newish laptop that as of yesterday was working with DA to access our domain. Today the user has not access if you run netsh int http show int nothing is returned, like totally blank If I run reg query HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\tcpip6\Parameters /v...
  10. Having trouble with emails sent directly from a website

in Browsers and Email
    Having trouble with emails sent directly from a website: I am having trouble sending an email when it is sent directly from a website. As an example, I visit a website daily where I can click on the option to email a comic strip. Recently the emails stopped getting sent. All looked ok on my end, but the receiver never got the...