Windows 10: Direct x 9 not installing for win 10 pc

Discus and support Direct x 9 not installing for win 10 pc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to play a older game called Rusty hearts, and i need the direct 9 download for the graphics to not just be a black screen. everytime I try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HannahFussey, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Direct x 9 not installing for win 10 pc

I'm trying to play a older game called Rusty hearts, and i need the direct 9 download for the graphics to not just be a black screen.

everytime I try the link which is the suggested fix -

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=35 the download fails with this error

Direct x 9 not installing for win 10 pc f39aaf80-f124-471d-8311-f95d224a0e53?upload=true.png I can only find the directX.log

and this is the error I was given everytime I tried the download

06/22/20 13:47:31: DXWSetup: ***** DXWSETUP *****
    06/22/20 13:47:31: DXWSetup: WinMain
    06/22/20 13:47:31: DXWSetup: This platform is not supported.

It was suggested to go through choclatey which got this error in the file

06/22/20 16:18:12: infinst: Currently C:\WINDOWS\system32\x3daudio1_0.dll is newer than the one being installed.

I'm not the best with computers and it feels like i've tried everything short of human sacrifice to get it to work, any ideas would be appreciated.

:)

HannahFussey, Jun 22, 2020

2. Direct x 9

win 10 comes with direct x 12, trying to get mine craft story for my son and it requires dx 11 and recommends dx 9. how do i install direct x 9?

Richard Sprague (rsprag06), Jun 22, 2020
  3. is it possible to install direct x 9?

i installed the recent update and now i have direct x 12 and i noticed my games are lagging since the recent update and it wasn't lagging during the previous build when i had direct x 9 and yes all drivers are up to date i use integrated graphics with
    a pc from 2009

AblazinEagle, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Direct x 9 not installing for win 10 pc

Direct X installation

I am trying to get the original star wars battlefront 2 running on my new pc (Windows 10 Home, direct X version 12). As part of the installation of the game, it says it has to install direct x, which would be 9.0c according to the back of the package.
    The game won't run unless I allow it to run the direct x install. My question is whether this will erase my direct x 12 and change it to direct x 9? This would then mess up my more modern games. Can I allow Star Wars Battlefront to run the direct x 9 installation
    without causing issues with my already installed direct x 12? Thanks.

JeffLaine1, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Direct x 9 not installing for win 10 pc

1. Direct x 9 not installing for win 10 pc - Similar Threads - Direct installing

2. Direct X install is not working, I've tried everything...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Direct X install is not working, I've tried everything...: I've downloaded "directx_Jun2010_redist" and "dxwebsetup" but both is not working.I gonna put the DXError.log here for you to see.-------------------- [10/12/23 19:44:59] module: dxupdateMar 30 2011, file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 2409, function: RunProcess Failed API:...
  3. Direct X install is not working, I've tried everything...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Direct X install is not working, I've tried everything...: I've downloaded "directx_Jun2010_redist" and "dxwebsetup" but both is not working.I gonna put the DXError.log here for you to see.-------------------- [10/12/23 19:44:59] module: dxupdateMar 30 2011, file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 2409, function: RunProcess Failed API:...
  4. Impossible to install GIMP, downloaded directly or from MS Store. Getting "The app. was...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Impossible to install GIMP, downloaded directly or from MS Store. Getting "The app. was...: Hello.I cannot install GIMP on my new computer Win11, with the Install file either downloaded directly or from the MS Store. I get "The app. was unable to start correctly 0xc0000005".My feeling is that "something" forbids to install non-MS applications, although I stopped the...
  5. Impossible to install GIMP, downloaded directly or from MS Store. Getting "The app. was...

Impossible to install GIMP, downloaded directly or from MS Store. Getting "The app. was...: Hello.I cannot install GIMP on my new computer Win11, with the Install file either downloaded directly or from the MS Store. I get "The app. was unable to start correctly 0xc0000005".My feeling is that "something" forbids to install non-MS applications, although I stopped the...
  6. Cannot install software directly from network, mapped drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install software directly from network, mapped drive: I have a FreeNAS server. In windows 10 I've mapped a few drives to shares on it. Everything works ok except I cannot install software from it I have a folder containing all the software that I use and I want to install it on my Windows 10 boxes without making local copies,...
  7. Cannot install software directly from network, mapped drive

Cannot install software directly from network, mapped drive: I have a FreeNAS server. In windows 10 I've mapped a few drives to shares on it. Everything works ok except I cannot install software from it I have a folder containing all the software that I use and I want to install it on my Windows 10 boxes without making local copies,...
  8. Cannot install software directly from network, mapped drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. You may soon install apps and games directly from Windows Search results

in Windows 10 News
    You may soon install apps and games directly from Windows Search results: Microsoft released a new Insider Preview build for Windows 11's Canary channel yesterday that introduces a new option to install Windows apps or games directly from Windows Search results. The Canary Channel was introduced by Microsoft recently to better separate...
  10. Installing latest version of direct x

Installing latest version of direct x: Hi I am having trouble installing the latest version of DirectX for a new game I want to play and need some assistance. On this page : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-install-the-latest-version-of-directx-d1f5ffa5-dae2-246c-91b1-ee1e973ed8c2 It has options...