Windows 10: Direct X and runtime

Discus and support Direct X and runtime in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why is it that updating my WIN OS deletes runtime and directX files? Games that normally run suddenly stop working and I have to do a bunch of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TheMajesticHobo, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Direct X and runtime

Why is it that updating my WIN OS deletes runtime and directX files? Games that normally run suddenly stop working and I have to do a bunch of diagnostics to figure out what happened... and it's always that one of those two things are missing... It's really annoying.

:)

TheMajesticHobo, Oct 19, 2019

2. Windows 10 shows Direct x 12

Hi Jagdishservi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Where have checked for the version of Direct x?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check:

• Press Windows + R keys together.

• Type dxdiag in the run prompt and hit enter.

• Now check for the version of Direct x.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Oct 19, 2019
  3. My graphics hardware doesn't support the new version 12 direct x. How do I roll direct x back to 11?

Hi Ellen,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

· Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps to roll back the direct x from the below link and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+X”.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Locate and Expand the Display Adapter.
    • Right-click on the Display Device.
    • Click on Rollback.
    Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 19, 2019
  4. Direct X and runtime

Direct X Install Error 0xc000012F

Hi,

This issue seems to be due to some issues with the graphics card or its drivers on the computer. I would suggest you to try updating the graphics card drivers and check if that resolves the issue. To do this, I would suggest you to refer to the article
    given below and try the suggestions given in it and check if that resolves the issue.

Troubleshoot video card problems

Step 1: I suggest you to download and install latest DirectX End-User Runtimes program and check if it helps.

Refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113

Note: DirectX 11.2 will work fine with Windows 10 as well.

Step 2: Run the
    Search and Indexing troubleshooter.

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Search and Indexing
      troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 19, 2019
Thema:

Direct X and runtime

1. Direct X and runtime - Similar Threads - Direct runtime

2. I have a monthly direct debit i don't know what it is for

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a monthly direct debit i don't know what it is for: I have a monthly direct debit of £5.99 with microsoft and I don't know what it is for? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-monthly-direct-debit-i-dont-know-what-it/ce531853-3f26-4694-8b13-7544f29436e2
  3. I have a monthly direct debit i don't know what it is for

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a monthly direct debit i don't know what it is for: I have a monthly direct debit of £5.99 with microsoft and I don't know what it is for? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-monthly-direct-debit-i-dont-know-what-it/ce531853-3f26-4694-8b13-7544f29436e2
  4. Non Technical Question-How to Raise Voices Directly to Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non Technical Question-How to Raise Voices Directly to Microsoft: Hello,This is a non-technical question. Can someone provide me with some methods of contacting Microsoft to give feedback and raise voices in complaints? I am certain that there are feedback, forums, websites where you can send comments through a web form, but I would also...
  5. Non Technical Question-How to Raise Voices Directly to Microsoft

Non Technical Question-How to Raise Voices Directly to Microsoft: Hello,This is a non-technical question. Can someone provide me with some methods of contacting Microsoft to give feedback and raise voices in complaints? I am certain that there are feedback, forums, websites where you can send comments through a web form, but I would also...
  6. I downloaded a game directly from steam and now I don’t have audio.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I downloaded a game directly from steam and now I don’t have audio.: At first I couldn’t play audio through my tv and now I can’t access audio at all. I restarted multiple times, updated my computer and still nothing. Audio is the only thing affected. Everything is greyed out on audio. I have uninstalled the game and still nothing....
  7. I downloaded a game directly from steam and now I don’t have audio.

I downloaded a game directly from steam and now I don’t have audio.: At first I couldn’t play audio through my tv and now I can’t access audio at all. I restarted multiple times, updated my computer and still nothing. Audio is the only thing affected. Everything is greyed out on audio. I have uninstalled the game and still nothing....
  8. Direct x runtime and others always downloading.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Direct x runtime and others always downloading.: I honestly have no idea what these are. Four different things are always pending download from the Microsoft store. Every time I click the cancel button, it starts downloading again later. It never finishes the download, no progress is ever made, it’s just sat there pending...
  9. My Direct X Runtime is not working, I cannot click things in the corner of my screen when I...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Direct X Runtime is not working, I cannot click things in the corner of my screen when I...: I have been playing this game for a while, but suddenly one day it stopped working. Every time I open it, it crashes and says that Direct X Runtime is not working. Although, I have played this game before. In addition, when I try to go to my settings, it immediately closes....
  10. Microsoft Direct x runtime june2010

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Direct x runtime june2010: Can i uninstall direct x runtime june2010 from my laptop after successfully installing ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-direct-x-runtime-june2010/09ada818-6db4-4064-b567-d943042d3d49