Windows 10: Direct X installation issue

Discus and support Direct X installation issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [ATTACH] DX Error when I try to install dxwebsetup.exe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mitunchidamparam, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Direct X installation issue

Direct X installation issue 8be72e58-e3df-444d-b3f1-9c585a0abf52?upload=true.png

DX Error when I try to install dxwebsetup.exe

:)

mitunchidamparam, Apr 20, 2021

2. Windows 10 shows Direct x 12

Hi Jagdishservi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Where have checked for the version of Direct x?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check:

• Press Windows + R keys together.

• Type dxdiag in the run prompt and hit enter.

• Now check for the version of Direct x.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Apr 20, 2021
  3. Direct X Install Error 0xc000012F

Hi,

This issue seems to be due to some issues with the graphics card or its drivers on the computer. I would suggest you to try updating the graphics card drivers and check if that resolves the issue. To do this, I would suggest you to refer to the article
    given below and try the suggestions given in it and check if that resolves the issue.

Troubleshoot video card problems

Step 1: I suggest you to download and install latest DirectX End-User Runtimes program and check if it helps.

Refer to the below link:

How to install the latest version of DirectX

Note: DirectX 11.2 will work fine with Windows 10 as well.

Step 2: Run the
    Search and Indexing troubleshooter.

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Search and Indexing
      troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Apr 20, 2021
  4. sygnus21 Win User

Direct X installation issue

Issues with Direct X.

If Dude's link doesn't work, try this - DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010)

First things first... I would suggest you create a Restore Point, just in case something strange happens. To create one just got to Control Panel, System, System Protection, Create a restore point right now..., and click on Create.

Direct X installation issue [​IMG]

Name the creation point and click create...

Direct X installation issue [​IMG]

This will now create a manual restore point should you need to revert back to a previous working point should something go wrong. I do myself do this a lot when I install certain programs or software.

Now...

When you download the file I linked to, you'll have to extract the files to a folder of your choosing. I suggest you create a folder named "DX Redist" prior to extracting the files and place it your desktop so you can easily find it.

Then click on the downloaded file and extract the contents to said folder. Open the folder and click on the DXSETUP.exe and the files should install. I just did it on my Win 10 machine and all went well. You may also want to reboot even though it may not be required.

Let us know if this helps.

Good luck.

sygnus21, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

Direct X installation issue

1. Direct X installation issue - Similar Threads - Direct installation issue

2. direct X issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    direct X issue: Hi, i am trying to install the epic games launcher and get error 'The code execution cannot proceed becuase XINPUT1_3.dll was not found' i have tried to install direct x 9 web installer but get error 'Error creating process reason INDOWS\system32\advpack.dll' i have...
  3. DIRECT X 9 ISSUES

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DIRECT X 9 ISSUES: Hi, Recently I have tried to play a game that I admittingly haven't played since I got windows 10 and I have been having issues with Direct x 9. I have tried the June 2010 method and that has not worked. I have also tried the compatibility mode for direct x 9 and the...
  4. direct x issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    direct x issue?: Hello. This has been bugging me , and i appreciate your help in advance. I have 2 computers with similar builds and identical video card700 series. My wife plays a game online i used to play and just one day during load it crashes. the game will crash on load and the techs...
  5. direct x installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    direct x installation: I've tried almost every solution to solve this problems except cleaning boot and reinstalling windows (because idk how to do that) now I'm all hopeless because I can't play any game that requires dx9 files and I just can't install the dx9 files in pc please somebody...
  6. Direct X install for FFXIV

in Windows 10 Customization
    Direct X install for FFXIV: So I have been having great difficulties getting direct X to install the correct files required for Final Fantasy XIV to run on my system. I have windows 10 home edition, version 1809, build 17763.292. Brand new PC, all drivers (graphics, audio, motherboard, windows)...
  7. Installing Direct X

Installing Direct X: There is an error about a cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted. Please how can I solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-direct-x/1fac9b0f-866b-4e3a-b8b0-85babeb9472f
  8. Installing Direct X

Installing Direct X: There is an error about a cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted. Please how can I solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/installing-direct-x/1fac9b0f-866b-4e3a-b8b0-85babeb9472f
  9. Direct X Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Direct X Issues: Hi, I recently treated myself to a new low-end gaming laptop in the form of a Dell G3, but I'm having major issues running several games. I discovered this first while downloading and attempting to run Skyrim Special Edition on the new laptop, and it gave me the error "The...
  10. Issues with Direct X.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Direct X.: Whenever I try to open Europa Universalis 4, I get a message regarding D3dx9_43.dll. I tried to install directx 9.0 but you can't on Windows 10. I have directx 12 installed and I don't recall the game needing DX9 as its fairly recent. Any help is appreciated. 27629