Windows 10: direct x installation

Discus and support direct x installation in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've tried almost every solution to solve this problems except cleaning boot and reinstalling windows (because idk how to do that) now I'm all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PrajwalNegi, Sep 18, 2019.

1. direct x installation

I've tried almost every solution to solve this problems except cleaning boot and reinstalling windows (because idk how to do that)

now I'm all hopeless because I can't play any game that requires dx9 files and I just can't install the dx9 files in pc

please somebody help...…..help !!!!!

direct x installation 40329eb8-8789-4807-9038-b14ea48b8281?upload=true.png

:)

PrajwalNegi, Sep 18, 2019

2. Windows 10 shows Direct x 12

Hi Jagdishservi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Where have checked for the version of Direct x?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check:

• Press Windows + R keys together.

• Type dxdiag in the run prompt and hit enter.

• Now check for the version of Direct x.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Sep 18, 2019
  3. Direct X installation

I am trying to get the original star wars battlefront 2 running on my new pc (Windows 10 Home, direct X version 12). As part of the installation of the game, it says it has to install direct x, which would be 9.0c according to the back of the package.
    The game won't run unless I allow it to run the direct x install. My question is whether this will erase my direct x 12 and change it to direct x 9? This would then mess up my more modern games. Can I allow Star Wars Battlefront to run the direct x 9 installation
    without causing issues with my already installed direct x 12? Thanks.

JeffLaine1, Sep 18, 2019
  4. direct x installation

Direct X Install Error 0xc000012F

Hi,

This issue seems to be due to some issues with the graphics card or its drivers on the computer. I would suggest you to try updating the graphics card drivers and check if that resolves the issue. To do this, I would suggest you to refer to the article
    given below and try the suggestions given in it and check if that resolves the issue.

Troubleshoot video card problems

Step 1: I suggest you to download and install latest DirectX End-User Runtimes program and check if it helps.

Refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113

Note: DirectX 11.2 will work fine with Windows 10 as well.

Step 2: Run the
    Search and Indexing troubleshooter.

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Search and Indexing
      troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

direct x installation

1. direct x installation - Similar Threads - direct installation

2. Direct X install is not working, I've tried everything...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Direct X install is not working, I've tried everything...: I've downloaded "directx_Jun2010_redist" and "dxwebsetup" but both is not working.I gonna put the DXError.log here for you to see.-------------------- [10/12/23 19:44:59] module: dxupdateMar 30 2011, file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 2409, function: RunProcess Failed API:...
  3. Direct X install is not working, I've tried everything...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Direct X install is not working, I've tried everything...: I've downloaded "directx_Jun2010_redist" and "dxwebsetup" but both is not working.I gonna put the DXError.log here for you to see.-------------------- [10/12/23 19:44:59] module: dxupdateMar 30 2011, file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 2409, function: RunProcess Failed API:...
  4. Impossible to install GIMP, downloaded directly or from MS Store. Getting "The app. was...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Impossible to install GIMP, downloaded directly or from MS Store. Getting "The app. was...: Hello.I cannot install GIMP on my new computer Win11, with the Install file either downloaded directly or from the MS Store. I get "The app. was unable to start correctly 0xc0000005".My feeling is that "something" forbids to install non-MS applications, although I stopped the...
  5. Impossible to install GIMP, downloaded directly or from MS Store. Getting "The app. was...

Impossible to install GIMP, downloaded directly or from MS Store. Getting "The app. was...: Hello.I cannot install GIMP on my new computer Win11, with the Install file either downloaded directly or from the MS Store. I get "The app. was unable to start correctly 0xc0000005".My feeling is that "something" forbids to install non-MS applications, although I stopped the...
  6. Cannot install software directly from network, mapped drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install software directly from network, mapped drive: I have a FreeNAS server. In windows 10 I've mapped a few drives to shares on it. Everything works ok except I cannot install software from it I have a folder containing all the software that I use and I want to install it on my Windows 10 boxes without making local copies,...
  7. Cannot install software directly from network, mapped drive

Cannot install software directly from network, mapped drive: I have a FreeNAS server. In windows 10 I've mapped a few drives to shares on it. Everything works ok except I cannot install software from it I have a folder containing all the software that I use and I want to install it on my Windows 10 boxes without making local copies,...
  8. Cannot install software directly from network, mapped drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. You may soon install apps and games directly from Windows Search results

in Windows 10 News
    You may soon install apps and games directly from Windows Search results: Microsoft released a new Insider Preview build for Windows 11's Canary channel yesterday that introduces a new option to install Windows apps or games directly from Windows Search results. The Canary Channel was introduced by Microsoft recently to better separate...
  10. Installing latest version of direct x

Installing latest version of direct x: Hi I am having trouble installing the latest version of DirectX for a new game I want to play and need some assistance. On this page : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-install-the-latest-version-of-directx-d1f5ffa5-dae2-246c-91b1-ee1e973ed8c2 It has options...