Windows 10: Direct X Issues

Discus and support Direct X Issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I recently treated myself to a new low-end gaming laptop in the form of a Dell G3, but I'm having major issues running several games. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HollyW94, Sep 7, 2018.

1. HollyW94 Win User

Direct X Issues

Hi,

I recently treated myself to a new low-end gaming laptop in the form of a Dell G3, but I'm having major issues running several games. I discovered this first while downloading and attempting to run Skyrim Special Edition on the new laptop, and it gave me the error "The code execution cannot proceed because X3DAudio1_7.dll was not found." I had similar notifications pop up with XINPUT1_3.dll and d3dxd9_42.dll. As many forums suggest, I try running the DXSETUP.exe in the Direct X files, but it returns with "An internal system error occurred. Please refer to DXError.log and DirectX.log" I downloaded the DirectX Runtime June 2010 and restarted the PC, but to no avail either. I tried running it as an admin and disabling my anti-virus too.

My dxdiag says I'm running Direct X 12 and that there are no issues, and my drivers are up to date. I've also tried the sfc/scannow command and found no problems. I tried copying the missing .dll files from my old laptop, but that didn't work. According to this thread it might be an issue with Windows 10 version 1803, but I have no previous version of Windows to restore to!

Please help!

:)

HollyW94, Sep 7, 2018

2. Windows 10 shows Direct x 12

Hi Jagdishservi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Where have checked for the version of Direct x?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check:

• Press Windows + R keys together.

• Type dxdiag in the run prompt and hit enter.

• Now check for the version of Direct x.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Sep 7, 2018
  3. sygnus21 Win User
    Issues with Direct X.

If Dude's link doesn't work, try this - DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010)

First things first... I would suggest you create a Restore Point, just in case something strange happens. To create one just got to Control Panel, System, System Protection, Create a restore point right now..., and click on Create.

Direct X Issues [​IMG]

Name the creation point and click create...

Direct X Issues [​IMG]

This will now create a manual restore point should you need to revert back to a previous working point should something go wrong. I do myself do this a lot when I install certain programs or software.

Now...

When you download the file I linked to, you'll have to extract the files to a folder of your choosing. I suggest you create a folder named "DX Redist" prior to extracting the files and place it your desktop so you can easily find it.

Then click on the downloaded file and extract the contents to said folder. Open the folder and click on the DXSETUP.exe and the files should install. I just did it on my Win 10 machine and all went well. You may also want to reboot even though it may not be required.

Let us know if this helps.

Good luck.

sygnus21, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Direct X Issues

My graphics hardware doesn't support the new version 12 direct x. How do I roll direct x back to 11?

Hi Ellen,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

· Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps to roll back the direct x from the below link and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+X”.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Locate and Expand the Display Adapter.
    • Right-click on the Display Device.
    • Click on Rollback.
    Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Direct X Issues

1. Direct X Issues - Similar Threads - Direct Issues

2. I have an issue where I am unable to load any game using direct x.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an issue where I am unable to load any game using direct x.: Upon opening a game that requires direct x the games appear to hang and do not boot up properly until I have to end task them due to no activity.This does not occur when using Vulkan API instead of direct x. When the hanged program gets end tasked it does not end task...
  3. I have an issue where I am unable to load any game using direct x.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have an issue where I am unable to load any game using direct x.: Upon opening a game that requires direct x the games appear to hang and do not boot up properly until I have to end task them due to no activity.This does not occur when using Vulkan API instead of direct x. When the hanged program gets end tasked it does not end task...
  4. HI I AM HAVING ISSUE WITH DIRECT X PLS HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HI I AM HAVING ISSUE WITH DIRECT X PLS HELP: I ONLY PLAY COD WARZONE AND I AM GETING ERROR EVERY TIME! I CANT EVEN PLAYI AM USING 3060TI DRIVER IS UP TO DATEWINDOWS 10 UP TO DATE. VERSION 22H2DIRECTX12 I CLOSED ALL APP OVERLAY...
  5. HI I AM HAVING ISSUE WITH DIRECT X PLS HELP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HI I AM HAVING ISSUE WITH DIRECT X PLS HELP: I ONLY PLAY COD WARZONE AND I AM GETING ERROR EVERY TIME! I CANT EVEN PLAYI AM USING 3060TI DRIVER IS UP TO DATEWINDOWS 10 UP TO DATE. VERSION 22H2DIRECTX12 I CLOSED ALL APP OVERLAY...
  6. HI I AM HAVING ISSUE WITH DIRECT X PLS HELP

7. Windows 10 and 11: Direct Access issue confirmed by Microsoft

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 and 11: Direct Access issue confirmed by Microsoft: Microsoft confirmed an issue affecting Direct Access on Windows 10 and Windows 11 devices recently. The issue affects devices running windows 11 version 21H2 and 22H2, in other words all release versions of Windows 11, as well as the Windows 10 versions 20H2, 21H1, 21H2 and...
  8. Lightshot app.prntscr.com a screenshot tool directly upload failed, retry error/issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lightshot app.prntscr.com a screenshot tool directly upload failed, retry error/issue: Hello,I am using the Lightshot a screenshot software for the last 2 years. When I first found it I just install it and start using it. I didn't have to do anything/configure else about it. It working perfectly...But yesterday when I install the newest version 2022 of windows...
  9. Lightshot app.prntscr.com a screenshot tool directly upload failed, retry error/issue

Lightshot app.prntscr.com a screenshot tool directly upload failed, retry error/issue: Hello,I am using the Lightshot a screenshot software for the last 2 years. When I first found it I just install it and start using it. I didn't have to do anything/configure else about it. It working perfectly...But yesterday when I install the newest version 2022 of windows...
  10. Lightshot app.prntscr.com a screenshot tool directly upload failed, retry error/issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing