Windows 10: Direct X problem on Window 10

Discus and support Direct X problem on Window 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have some directx problem on my fairly new computer. Im using Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language 10.0.17134 Build 17134 64 bit and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DiongWen-Han, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Direct X problem on Window 10

I have some directx problem on my fairly new computer.

Im using

Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language 10.0.17134 Build 17134

64 bit

and my Graphic card is NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1080Ti

I have this directX problem haunting me for very long, it's driving me crazy. Alot of games (especially old one) doesn't work on my PC, giving error about DirectX9_3 or something along those lines, aside from that, I also cannot use some Window Store Apps like Instagram & Facebook getting the error

"Error "We're sorry, to use this application you need to have Direct3D with feature level 9_3 or greater. "

I tried to dig solution online

I tried to update my driver, reinstall my driver, turn on "legacy direct play" (it's on by default already). And The thing in my DXDiag doesnt seems to have problems base on what other forums says.

in my DXDiag, my DirectX features are all enabled, (DirectDraw Acceleration, Direct3D Acceleration, AGP Texture Acceleration.

and the features level listed is 12_1, 12_0, 11_1, 11_0, 10_1, 10_0, 9_3, 9_2, 9_1

there is this one video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QItBn8ZC000&t=1s

which actually kind of solve the directX issue, (by changing the driver to Microsoft Basic Display Adapter) old games works again, the can run the instagram app, and all the software that gives me the direct x error that i can remember can run again, but after that, my computer keeps on crashing after a few minutes after booting the computer (fatal error with a Direct X problem on Window 10 :( face i think),

(The old games I mentioned is Warcraft 3, other game that have problem also if I run "northgard" in direct x mode, it have error as well, tales of zestiria is also one, Command and Conquer Generals and Zero hours, all is not working)

so I have to switch it back.

and im pretty sure I dont want to use Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, since I assume if i do that, my computer wont use my expensive graphic card that i bought to use and that would be a waste

If possible, I would like to avoid reinstalling my windows, I want to avoid risk of problem because I need to use it soon.

I wish some of you guys can help with my issues, thank you

:)

DiongWen-Han, Nov 5, 2018

2. Windows 10 shows Direct x 12

Hi Jagdishservi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Where have checked for the version of Direct x?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check:

• Press Windows + R keys together.

• Type dxdiag in the run prompt and hit enter.

• Now check for the version of Direct x.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Nov 5, 2018
  3. Gilletter Win User
    Good Direct X 10 games

Hey I'm looking for some good direct X 10 games... list them up!!! *Rockout :rockout:

Gilletter, Nov 5, 2018
  4. D_o_S Win User

Direct X problem on Window 10

Direct X 10 will be Vista only

Direct X 10 won't find its way to Windows XP, so anyone who plans to buy Direct X 10 hardware and plans to use its full potential will have to buy Vista as well.

The current driver model on the Windows XP is the limitation. One of the key points of Direct X 10 is to be the ability to have more independent objects and the current driver model on Windows XP simply won't be able to deal with it.

Direct X 10 hardware will of course run Direct X 9 games and it is also supposed to do so fast.

Microsoft, ATI, Nvidia and the other creators of the Direct X 10 specification wanted to make sure that you will be offered the toppest-notch gaming experience.

Personally, I think we are being forced to upgrade to Vista.

Source: The Inq

D_o_S, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

Direct X problem on Window 10

1. Direct X problem on Window 10 - Similar Threads - Direct problem Window

2. Direct X

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Direct X: Hello, I have problem Some Files From Direct X are Missed Like d3dx9_39.dll and stum.dll so I can not Play Riot Games.My PC Dell G15 5510 I Have Windows10 and Direct X 12 What Should I Do?...
  3. problems with direct x 12

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    problems with direct x 12: when I play dead by daylight or forza horizon 4, the games are working fine when i'm not in the game, when i'm in the game the games freezes. I played fortnite, don't blame me, in the settings is an option for directx 11 and directx 12, when i choose the directx 12, the game...
  4. direct x

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    direct x: hello to microsoft support and all.i have windows 10 in my pc.my direct x is 12 and i want to delete the directx 12 and install directx 11.what can i do? please someone answer me.thanks a lot...
  5. PROBLEMS WITH DIRECT X! GAMES WILL NOT LAUNCH

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PROBLEMS WITH DIRECT X! GAMES WILL NOT LAUNCH: When I try to launch games (through Steam) it tries to perform first time setup of direct X each time. Whenever I try to install anything Direct X manually it comes up with this error - error creating process appdata/local/temp/IXP000.TMP/dxsetup.exe>. REASON:...
  6. Windows ten Direct x problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows ten Direct x problem: So I have installed windows 10 on an iMac through bootcamp and the direct x driver is just not functioning at all on just about any game or application at all I tried a lot of things one of the many pieces to this is that games I own are all set to a 3k resolution with no...
  7. DIRECT X

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DIRECT X: Hi can I have both direct x 9 and 12 on my computer as an old game needs direct x 9 to run. do the direct x updates override the last installed one? please help and thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/direct-x/ca075e55-41f1-4c14-9847-5e6102c4e834
  8. installation problem on direct x 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installation problem on direct x 11: i'm trying to install the dx11 application in my win10 pc . this thing wants me to pick a place for installation ???? what is the correct place to install ? 1st i chose c: program file . but that didnt work ? where should i put the installation directory??????? please rply...
  9. Direct X 12 problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Direct X 12 problem: I have one program that isn't displaying. The only thing I have found is when testing Direct X 12 is though it says every thing tests OK the green bar on page 1 doesn't move from the center and if I get it to collect information this also only gets 1/3 of the way over. Is...
  10. Direct X 12 problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Direct X 12 problem?: I have one program that isn't displaying. The only thing I have found is when testing Direct X 12 is though it says every thing tests OK the green bar on page 1 doesn't move from the center and if I get it to collect information this also only gets 1/3 of the way over. Is...