Windows 10: Direct X Searching required file taking too long

Discus and support Direct X Searching required file taking too long in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I enabled direct x from windows feature but the searching required file is taking too long. right now it's nearly an hour. Im running windows 10:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by cc_glxy, Apr 1, 2020.

1. cc_glxy Win User

Direct X Searching required file taking too long

So I enabled direct x from windows feature but the searching required file is taking too long. right now it's nearly an hour.
    Im running windows 10:
    Any fix? Direct X Searching required file taking too long d41c395e-e6d7-47a1-ac41-f5774fc9b5c9?upload=true.png

:)

cc_glxy, Apr 1, 2020

2. Windows 10 shows Direct x 12

Hi Jagdishservi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Where have checked for the version of Direct x?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check:

• Press Windows + R keys together.

• Type dxdiag in the run prompt and hit enter.

• Now check for the version of Direct x.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Apr 1, 2020
  3. direct x

this did not fix direct x

(sidenote: it said there were missing files that could not be fixed in step 2)

thanks anyway,

will

Rhaspberry, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Direct X Searching required file taking too long

Direct x installation error A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted. Please verify the Cryptographic Services are enabled and the cabinet file is valid

Hi,

Thanks for the update and response.

As the Windows 10 operating system comes with the latest version of the Direct X version there is no need of installing separate Direct X.

To check about the Direct X version follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + R for Run.
    • Type dxdiag and then Enter.
    • Under System tab check the Direct X version.
    If you still find issues follow the below steps.

Rename the Catroot2 folder

To rename the Catroot2 folder, follow these steps:

• In Search Bar, type cmd, and then click OK.
    • At the command prompt, type the following commands, and then press Enter after each line:
    net stop cryptsvc

ren %systemroot%\System32\Catroot2 oldcatroot2

net start cryptsvc

exit

• Remove all tmp*.cat files from the following folder:
    %systemroot%\system32\CatRoot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}

Note If no files that start with "tmp" exist in this folder, do not remove any other files. The .cat files in this folder are necessary for installing hotfixes and service packs.

Important Do not rename the Catroot folder. The Catroot2 folder is automatically recreated by Windows, but the Catroot folder is not recreated if the Catroot folder is renamed.

Disclaimer: Making changes in the system files completely depends upon the user and Microsft is not responsible for any kind of Data loss or system corruption.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

Direct X Searching required file taking too long

1. Direct X Searching required file taking too long - Similar Threads - Direct Searching required

2. Exe files take too long to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exe files take too long to open: Hello, everybodyI'm using Windows 10, I have recently been facing a problem that every single exe file takes forever to open.At the beginning I though the issue was with only one file " a program I use for my work it always takes time to open", but recently, I've noticed that...
  3. Exe files take too long to open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exe files take too long to open: Hello, everybodyI'm using Windows 10, I have recently been facing a problem that every single exe file takes forever to open.At the beginning I though the issue was with only one file " a program I use for my work it always takes time to open", but recently, I've noticed that...
  4. Exe files take too long to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Diskpart takes too long?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Diskpart takes too long?: So i was about to make a 100% clean install of Windows 10 and cleaned my 512GB drive with diskpart clean all. I read that it should take about an hour per 320GB, but it's been going for more than 3½ hours! According to the named 320GB/hr. about a terabyte should be cleaned by...
  6. Update takes too long.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update takes too long.: 2022-06 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems KB5014666 takes way too much time than usual. I mean what the hell is wrong with Microsoft? I don't understand why people even use windows. so much disaster operating system. We can't waste an...
  7. Chkdsk is taking too long

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chkdsk is taking too long: My harddisk was taking too long to respond and copy stuff. So I formatted the hard drive using cmd prompt and it went successful but then I am running the chkdsk E: /f /r /x E: is the external harddrive. Now its at stage 5 and have about 24 crore cluster to read and it is...
  8. Windows takes too long to find "required files"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows takes too long to find "required files": first. i want to turn on some windows features that by default it is turned off. so i turned it on and a dialog box said "Searching for required files". me then like "owh, ok it will take little bit of my time" but after long waiting. it is still said "searching for required...
  9. Update is taking too long

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update is taking too long: its been almost 2 hrs . The white dots are atill soinning but the update is bot going further then 15% should i wait more ir try to restart .?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/update-is-taking-too-long/38928599-34e9-4134-bad5-452df72bcf54
  10. writing of the Ascii files takes too long!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    writing of the Ascii files takes too long!!: hi! since few days ago, I had to use the app called fullprof to doing some calculations/refinements exactely as Chris described in this thread...