Windows 10: Direct3D Acceleration option is unavailable

Discus and support Direct3D Acceleration option is unavailable in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; on 10/4/2019 I updated windows and some new C++ Redistributable Packages were installed and I tried to run any of my games and it said that Direct 3D... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Eliudtiger50, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Direct3D Acceleration option is unavailable

on 10/4/2019 I updated windows and some new C++ Redistributable Packages were installed and I tried to run any of my games and it said that Direct 3D Acceleration was not enable pretty much and I did some research and checked the DirectX Diagnostic Tool and yes the Direct3D Acceleration was unavailable and then I found some articles that said to uninstall and reinstall the C++ Redistributable Packages so I did and it did not fix the issue, I don't want to reinstall windows, I don't know what to do anymore
    Thanks
    https://gyazo.com/798132e7209be88a268daef3ebd786c9

:)

Eliudtiger50, Oct 5, 2019
  2. ZeeShao Win User

[Urgent] Direct3d acceleration "not available" for weeks!!!

Hi there,

I have a ASUS X550JX laptop with win10 1709 version(fall creator update) installed. My laptop has a integrated intel HD4600 card and a GTX 950M 4g ddr3 card.

From like two weeks ago my nvidia card begin to have problems. Industrial softwares (Premiere and Da VInci Resolve) and Games have problem running.(crash for premiere, can't open for Resolve and games) Resolve suggested I do not have CUDA acceleration hardware.
    So I used dxdiag to check what's going on, it turned out that under nvidia card, the Direct3d acceleration is "not available". I thought it should be a driver problem, so I reinstalled the latest driver, it worked for some time(a few hours?) and next time
    I boot my laptop to work, D3D acceleration is again "not available". After a few times, I tried to repair directX using DirectX repair tool, but the tool says my directX is intact. I also checked for C++ library, they are all fine. The weird part is if a reinstall
    the driver, it can work for a few hours, and d3d acceleration became "not available" again. It even happened during video rendering process, which directly caused that render to fail. I later asked for help from nvidia custom care, they suggested me to install
    CUDA toolkit, again, D3D acceleration was "enabled" for a few hours, and it automatically became "not available". Then they suggested me to do a System File Check to see if my OS is intact, so i followed the steps and checked using CMD commend "DISM.exe
    /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" and "sfc /scannow", it shows that my OS is intact!. Also, my system is up-to-date. Nvidia custom care suggested me to ask for help from Microsoft, so here I am.

Some weird details: the HD4600's direct3d acceleration is "enabled". both nvidia's DirectDraw acceleration and AGP texture acceleration are "enabled". Direct3D DDI for Nvidia card is unknown, but it is 12 for HD4600

I have not been able to work for the past two weeks and I am desperate now, it would be very kind if anyone can suggest me what should I do!!!

Zee

ZeeShao, Oct 5, 2019
  3. Direct3D Acceleration Not Available

Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 1600

GPU: Radeon 5700

2x4gb 2400mhz Ram

Mobo: Asus Prime B350 Plus

I've been having trouble with Directx and specifically Direct3D. When I launch dxdiag, it says "DxDiag has detected that there might have been a problem accessing Direct3D the last time this program was used. Would you like to bypass Direct3D this time?"
    If I select "NO", dxdiag will close. If I select "YES", dxdiag will open but under each display tab, DirectDraw Acceleration as well as AGP Texture Acceleration will be Enabled but Direct3D Acceleration says Not Available. Under "Drivers" on the right side,
    it says "Direct3D DDI: unknown".

I have noticed other problems that appear to be Directx related as well. I can play Assassin's Creed Odyssey for a short period of time before I get a fatal error that says "D3D Device was removed due to DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG, this usually indicates a bad
    device driver or may indicate bad hardware. Big Picture must exit." Big Picture mode crashing prevents me from playing the game with a controller (Ps4 controller if that is significant). In addition to this, I can not launch csgo. In steam when I click play,
    it will say running for a few seconds then stops and does not open. I have tried changing launch options as well as verifying local files but had no luck. When I reinstalled the game it began performing first time setup and it says "Installing: Microsoft DirectX
    for Windows (step 1 of 1)" for roughly 30 seconds with the loading bar not filling before going away and not launching, going back to what it was doing before uninstalling.

I am sure that my windows, gpu drivers, display drivers, as well as bios are all up to date to their latest versions. I am on Directx 12 and the driver model is WDDM 2.6. I do not recall there being a single update in one of these that occured before these
    problems arised.

If anyone knows what the problem/solution is, help would be greatly appreciated.

HunterGiffin, Oct 5, 2019
  4. Archie123 Win User

Direct3D Acceleration option is unavailable

Archie123, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

Direct3D Acceleration option is unavailable

1. Direct3D Acceleration option is unavailable - Similar Threads - Direct3D Acceleration option

2. Direct3D Acceleration turning off randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Direct3D Acceleration turning off randomly: Hi.I have problem wiht my DELL XPS 15 9560, Win10. System specs are posted further wia DxDiagI was using my notebook for half a year but sudenly it started crashing to BSOD. The error code is VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR 0x00000113.System: Time of this report: 7/19/2022,...
  3. Direct3D Acceleration turning off randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Direct3D Acceleration turning off randomly: Hi.I have problem wiht my DELL XPS 15 9560, Win10. System specs are posted further wia DxDiagI was using my notebook for half a year but sudenly it started crashing to BSOD. The error code is VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR 0x00000113.System: Time of this report: 7/19/2022,...
  4. Direct3D Acceleration turning off randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Unavailable sign in options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unavailable sign in options: This screenshot shows that I am unavailable to change my sign in settings and add fingerprints and change my pin. This seems odd since I was able to change these just yesterday. Please help...
  6. Direct3D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Direct3D: Is there any way I can download Direct3D Feature Level 12_1? If there is any way to do so please reply! Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/direct3d/680d779a-a1cc-4ced-9dec-55b4b0777a44
  7. Direct3D Acceleration is Not Available and I cannot find any help.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Direct3D Acceleration is Not Available and I cannot find any help.: I've been having issues launching a couple of games recently and I think the cause is that Direct3D Acceleration is disabled (from dxdiag). When I tried to lookup how to fix this problem I could not find anything that matches my problem (nothing about Windows 10, only Windows...
  8. Direct3D Acceleration Not Available

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Direct3D Acceleration Not Available: Specs: CPU: Ryzen 1600 GPU: Radeon 5700 2x4gb 2400mhz Ram Mobo: Asus Prime B350 Plus I've been having trouble with Directx and specifically Direct3D. When I launch dxdiag, it says "DxDiag has detected that there might have been a problem accessing Direct3D the last...
  9. Direct3D

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Direct3D: Hi in two games has appeared error messages related to direct3d "Failed creating the Direct3D device" I have windows 10 and I went to see windows update and I do not have updates to do...
  10. Nvidia Geforce gt 650M Direct3D Acceleration: not available.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia Geforce gt 650M Direct3D Acceleration: not available.: Hello , Like the title saids The Direct3D acceleration is not working after the updated of windows 10 and i have Directx 12 updated. I also have a Intel HD 4000 graphic card but it seems to work fine on that. It was all fine on till i updated both windows and Nvidia driver so...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. render direct3d acceleration not available error

2. direct3d not available ryzen