Windows 10: Direct3D DDI : Unknown

Discus and support Direct3D DDI : Unknown in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Dear All, I encounter some problem, when I play some game, suddenly I got an error when I check on dxdiag on display 2, Direct3D DDI become unknown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Muhamad Addar Mudhoffar, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Direct3D DDI : Unknown

Dear All,

I encounter some problem, when I play some game, suddenly I got an error

when I check on dxdiag on display 2, Direct3D DDI become unknown and Direct3D Acceleration becomes Not Available

but when I restart the laptop, the Direct3D DDI becomes normal and Direct3D Acceleration become Available

this case not only 1 game but many games and this problem always occurred, and disturb a lot

Can someone resolve this problem or share some guidance to me?

Thanks

Regards,

Muhamad Addar Mudhoffar

:)

Muhamad Addar Mudhoffar, Apr 24, 2020
  2. strike91 Win User

No Direct3D DDI and Direct 3D after update to Windows 10 Creators update

Before anything else, here is my spec:

RAM
    8GB DDR3

Display Adapters
    Intel HD Graphics 4600

AMD Radeon HD8750M

OS
    Windows 10 Pro 10.0.15063 build 1703

Laptop Model
    Lenovo G410

Storage Memory
    1TB HDD

After I updated to the Windows 10 Creators update and updated the graphics drivers with the ReLive 17.4.4 drivers, running dxdiag will show you this:

Direct3D DDI : Unknown pastedImage_8.png

Direct3D has been disabled and Direct3D DDI and feature levels are unknown.

Weirdly though I am able to play Starcraft 2, but performance is darn slow, only averaging 20-30FPS and that not without the weird shaky 3D objects and stuttering.

I also have tried other driver versions, the manufacturer's given driver, the newer non-WHQL 17.5.1 ReLive Drivers and the previous WHQL driver ReLive 17.2.1, but they all have the same issue, Direct 3D disabled and DDI and
    features unknown. I also tried DISM restoration, sfc integrity scan and updating the DirectX libraries, but still to no avail.

What has happened to my system? Anyone who can recommend on what could I do next to resolve this issue? Thanks.

strike91, Apr 24, 2020
  3. Direct3D Acceleration Not Available

Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 1600

GPU: Radeon 5700

2x4gb 2400mhz Ram

Mobo: Asus Prime B350 Plus

I've been having trouble with Directx and specifically Direct3D. When I launch dxdiag, it says "DxDiag has detected that there might have been a problem accessing Direct3D the last time this program was used. Would you like to bypass Direct3D this time?"
    If I select "NO", dxdiag will close. If I select "YES", dxdiag will open but under each display tab, DirectDraw Acceleration as well as AGP Texture Acceleration will be Enabled but Direct3D Acceleration says Not Available. Under "Drivers" on the right side,
    it says "Direct3D DDI: unknown".

I have noticed other problems that appear to be Directx related as well. I can play Assassin's Creed Odyssey for a short period of time before I get a fatal error that says "D3D Device was removed due to DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG, this usually indicates a bad
    device driver or may indicate bad hardware. Big Picture must exit." Big Picture mode crashing prevents me from playing the game with a controller (Ps4 controller if that is significant). In addition to this, I can not launch csgo. In steam when I click play,
    it will say running for a few seconds then stops and does not open. I have tried changing launch options as well as verifying local files but had no luck. When I reinstalled the game it began performing first time setup and it says "Installing: Microsoft DirectX
    for Windows (step 1 of 1)" for roughly 30 seconds with the loading bar not filling before going away and not launching, going back to what it was doing before uninstalling.

I am sure that my windows, gpu drivers, display drivers, as well as bios are all up to date to their latest versions. I am on Directx 12 and the driver model is WDDM 2.6. I do not recall there being a single update in one of these that occured before these
    problems arised.

If anyone knows what the problem/solution is, help would be greatly appreciated.

HunterGiffin, Apr 24, 2020
  4. ZeeShao Win User

Direct3D DDI : Unknown

[Urgent] Direct3d acceleration "not available" for weeks!!!

Hi there,

I have a ASUS X550JX laptop with win10 1709 version(fall creator update) installed. My laptop has a integrated intel HD4600 card and a GTX 950M 4g ddr3 card.

From like two weeks ago my nvidia card begin to have problems. Industrial softwares (Premiere and Da VInci Resolve) and Games have problem running.(crash for premiere, can't open for Resolve and games) Resolve suggested I do not have CUDA acceleration hardware.
    So I used dxdiag to check what's going on, it turned out that under nvidia card, the Direct3d acceleration is "not available". I thought it should be a driver problem, so I reinstalled the latest driver, it worked for some time(a few hours?) and next time
    I boot my laptop to work, D3D acceleration is again "not available". After a few times, I tried to repair directX using DirectX repair tool, but the tool says my directX is intact. I also checked for C++ library, they are all fine. The weird part is if a reinstall
    the driver, it can work for a few hours, and d3d acceleration became "not available" again. It even happened during video rendering process, which directly caused that render to fail. I later asked for help from nvidia custom care, they suggested me to install
    CUDA toolkit, again, D3D acceleration was "enabled" for a few hours, and it automatically became "not available". Then they suggested me to do a System File Check to see if my OS is intact, so i followed the steps and checked using CMD commend "DISM.exe
    /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" and "sfc /scannow", it shows that my OS is intact!. Also, my system is up-to-date. Nvidia custom care suggested me to ask for help from Microsoft, so here I am.

Some weird details: the HD4600's direct3d acceleration is "enabled". both nvidia's DirectDraw acceleration and AGP texture acceleration are "enabled". Direct3D DDI for Nvidia card is unknown, but it is 12 for HD4600

I have not been able to work for the past two weeks and I am desperate now, it would be very kind if anyone can suggest me what should I do!!!

Zee

ZeeShao, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

Direct3D DDI : Unknown

1. Direct3D DDI : Unknown - Similar Threads - Direct3D DDI Unknown

2. DirectX DDI Changing after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DirectX DDI Changing after restart: I've been figuring out how this had happened and decided to do some research and none have a conclusion.1 I have fully updated GPU drives2 I have done an uninstall for GPU3 I repaired all Visual C++ redistributable & Updated 4 Checked For UpdatesThe Direct3D DDI has shifted...
  3. DDI version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DDI version: My Directx version is 11 but my DDi says 9ex, how do i fix this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ddi-version/e8ff1a92-fcf5-494f-b871-596fc4d2b4e4
  4. DDI version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DDI version: My Directx version is 11 but my DDi says 9ex, how do i fix this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ddi-version/e8ff1a92-fcf5-494f-b871-596fc4d2b4e4
  5. Fortnite (Direct3D)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fortnite (Direct3D): I have restarted my PC for updates several times, I ran the DirectX Runtime, I have ran DxDiag, I have reset my PC and still get this error below: DX11 feature level 10_0 required to run the engine. Is there any way to fix this? I would be very happy if there was...
  6. Direct3D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Direct3D: Is there any way I can download Direct3D Feature Level 12_1? If there is any way to do so please reply! Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/direct3d/680d779a-a1cc-4ced-9dec-55b4b0777a44
  7. Direct3D Initialization Failed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Direct3D Initialization Failed: Attempting to launch a game after installing from CD, I got the following error: Initialization failed. Direct3D Initialization failed. Possible causes: Old or corrupted graphics driver (this is a brand new laptop)...
  8. Direct3D??? Please Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Direct3D??? Please Help: I have been paying D&D and have never had this issue occur. When I attempt to play the game, the game works for ten minutes or so then minimizes (from full screen) itself and when I try to reopen the game, I get a notification with Game Error [105]. The notification states:...
  9. Direct3D

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Direct3D: Hi in two games has appeared error messages related to direct3d "Failed creating the Direct3D device" I have windows 10 and I went to see windows update and I do not have updates to do...
  10. Direct3D DDI 11.2 Won't Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Direct3D DDI 11.2 Won't Update: I installed DirectX 12, but when I run dxdiag, it tells me that the version of Direct3D I have is still 11.2 instead of updating to Direct3D 12. If anybody can help me fix this problem, I would be very grateful. Here is the information in dxdiag: ------------------...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. direct 3d ddi unknown issue solve