Windows 10: Direct3D issue on Windows 10

Discus and support Direct3D issue on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there. Yesterday after I restarted my PC I couldn't run most of my applications that needed Direct3D. I then reinstalled my Nvidia drivers and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KeanuGil, Sep 30, 2018.

1. KeanuGil Win User

Direct3D issue on Windows 10

Hi there.

Yesterday after I restarted my PC I couldn't run most of my applications that needed Direct3D. I then reinstalled my Nvidia drivers and DirectX and its repositories. After that not working I reinstalled a clean version of windows with the first supported display driver for my graphics card. Still no luck. Some apps and games work but others now keep producing errors on "Direct3D error", "Shader version not supported" or "display adapter doesn't support format D24S8 for X8R8G8B8". I ran dxdiag and all the components are enabled and running. Also it picked up no errors. I have the latest version of windows and all my drivers are current as of this post. I have a GTX 1080, i7 4790K with 8GB RAM and am using a 32bit TrueColor profile for my Dell U2717D 8bit color depth display. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

:)

KeanuGil, Sep 30, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 30, 2018
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Sep 30, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Direct3D issue on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Direct3D issue

2. DXDiag hangs on startup when not bypassing DIRECT3D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DXDiag hangs on startup when not bypassing DIRECT3D: When I run dxdiag, it pops a dialog message on load which says: "DxDiag has detected that there might have been a problem accessing Direct3D the last time this program was used. Would you like to bypass Direct3D this time?"If I click "No", the process just hangs it doesn't...
  3. DXDiag hangs on startup when not bypassing DIRECT3D

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DXDiag hangs on startup when not bypassing DIRECT3D: When I run dxdiag, it pops a dialog message on load which says: "DxDiag has detected that there might have been a problem accessing Direct3D the last time this program was used. Would you like to bypass Direct3D this time?"If I click "No", the process just hangs it doesn't...
  4. How to enable the DirectDrawAcceleration,Direct3D accelaration, AGP Texture Accelaration ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable the DirectDrawAcceleration,Direct3D accelaration, AGP Texture Accelaration ?: Hi i need to enable this 3 settings in direct X DirectDraw Accelaration Direct3D accelaration and AGP texture Accelaration but i dont know how to enable this so it would nice if anyone helps me My pc Specs Intelcorei3 12th gen 8GB ram Intel uhd 730 Windows 10 pro version...
  5. How to enable the DirectDrawAcceleration,Direct3D accelaration, AGP Texture Accelaration ?

How to enable the DirectDrawAcceleration,Direct3D accelaration, AGP Texture Accelaration ?: Hi i need to enable this 3 settings in direct X DirectDraw Accelaration Direct3D accelaration and AGP texture Accelaration but i dont know how to enable this so it would nice if anyone helps me My pc Specs Intelcorei3 12th gen 8GB ram Intel uhd 730 Windows 10 pro version...
  6. How to enable the DirectDrawAcceleration,Direct3D accelaration, AGP Texture Accelaration ?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. direct3D error: my 3080 has been identified as two identical GPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    direct3D error: my 3080 has been identified as two identical GPU: I have a problem when I use some deep learning software for inference, such as roop and topaz, which can choose to use GPU or CPU for inference. However, no matter if I force the GPU or let the software automatically choose the best method, it cannot properly select my 3080....
  8. direct3D error: my 3080 has been identified as two identical GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    direct3D error: my 3080 has been identified as two identical GPU: I have a problem when I use some deep learning software for inference, such as roop and topaz, which can choose to use GPU or CPU for inference. However, no matter if I force the GPU or let the software automatically choose the best method, it cannot properly select my 3080....
  9. direct3D error: my 3080 has been identified as two identical GPU

10. Does DirectX 12 contain Direct3D feature Level 11.1?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does DirectX 12 contain Direct3D feature Level 11.1?: I can't find any more information, and I was wondering whether DirectX 12 contains Direct3D feature Level 11.1 as Direct3D feature Level 11.1 is required for many triple-A games and their franchises....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. direct3d issue dxdiag