Windows 10: DirectAccess breaks when connecting to a Hyper-V guest console

Discus and support DirectAccess breaks when connecting to a Hyper-V guest console in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have created a Nat_Switch for Windows 10 using this guide... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JerryDismukes, Apr 7, 2020.

1. DirectAccess breaks when connecting to a Hyper-V guest console

I have created a Nat_Switch for Windows 10 using this guide https://anandthearchitect.com/2018/01/06/windows-10-how-to-setup-nat-network-for-hyper-v-guests/ Prior to that, i had a second nic set set to a dedicated switch for my guests. I was asked to try using the Win 10 Nat option linked.

Situation is I can have Hyper-V running all day and as long as I do not connect to any of my guest VM's DA stays connected. As soon as I open a console, DA drops and the only way I can get back in is by rebooting. Makes life difficult when you need to access internal only resources and do testing in a virtual lab.

:)

JerryDismukes, Apr 7, 2020
  2. s.kongrath, Apr 7, 2020
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    BulldogXX, Apr 7, 2020
  4. shadowynd Win User

DirectAccess breaks when connecting to a Hyper-V guest console

Hyper-V on Windows Home Edition?

In my "Services (Local)", the following are listed:

Hyper-V Data Exchange Service

Hyper-V Guest Service Interface

Hyper-V Guest Shutdown Service

Hyper-V Heartbeat Service

Hyper-V Remote Desktop Virtualization Service

Hyper-V Time Synchronization Service

Hyper-V VM Session Service

Hyper-V Volume Shadow Copy Requestor

Since Hyper V isn't supposed to be on Windows 10 Home, I'm wondering what's going on and why it is in my Services. Are there any other services which would appear in Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise or Education that shouldn't appear in Windows 10 Home Services?

Thanks!

shadowynd, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

DirectAccess breaks when connecting to a Hyper-V guest console

1. DirectAccess breaks when connecting to a Hyper-V guest console - Similar Threads - DirectAccess breaks connecting

2. Credential Guard ON but not working in Hyper V guest.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Credential Guard ON but not working in Hyper V guest.: I am running a Windows Server 2022 Standard Edition Eval Build 20348 in Hyper V on a Windows 11 22H2 host machine. Even after enabling Credential Guard, I can see the NTLM hash. What am I doing wrong?The following is the screenshot from System InformationFrom Device...
  3. Credential Guard ON but not working in Hyper V guest.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Credential Guard ON but not working in Hyper V guest.: I am running a Windows Server 2022 Standard Edition Eval Build 20348 in Hyper V on a Windows 11 22H2 host machine. Even after enabling Credential Guard, I can see the NTLM hash. What am I doing wrong?The following is the screenshot from System InformationFrom Device...
  4. Hyper-V and Windows 10 Guest speed

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V and Windows 10 Guest speed: What are the best memory settings for a Windows 10 Guest on Hyper-V? 16 Gb of physical memory 127556
  5. No full screen console in Windows XP running as Hyper-V guest

No full screen console in Windows XP running as Hyper-V guest: I have an old DOS program that runs fine in a console window under native Windows XP. I've setup a shortcut on the XP machines and selected full screen. When the application runs it opens full screen. On a Windows 10 with a Hyper-V instance of Windows XP the application is...
  6. Possible to change Hyper-V console resolution?

Possible to change Hyper-V console resolution?: I have a high DPI display. When running VMs that do not support changing resolution the text in the console is so small it is almost unreadable. This happens with Linux guests without a GUI (CentOS minimal for example) and Windows PE. Is there anything that can be done to...
  7. Hyper-V Connection Lost

Hyper-V Connection Lost: I am having trouble establishing a stable connection to a Windows 10 VM and the issue appears when I activate enhanced mode. The error message that I'm getting quite often is the following: "The connection was lost because another user connected to the virtual machine." There...
  8. Hyper-v virtual switch breaks my network

Hyper-v virtual switch breaks my network: I’m not entirely sure if this should be in networking section. Sorry if this is wrong section. First little background. I have Raspberry Pi running Kodi. I also have Windows 10 computer with TV tuner card. I can watch TV on Kodi over the network as the Windows 10 machine...
  9. Hyper-V unable to configure network for guest OS - no network

Hyper-V unable to configure network for guest OS - no network: I am running Hyper-V on Windows 10 Pro and trying to install CentOS 6 on a VM. I define an external virtual switch, create a VM, specifying the use of the external virtual switch. I have 2 NICs on the host system, both with network access and internet access. The external...
  10. Hyper-v guest internet connection lost after booting as VHDX.

Hyper-v guest internet connection lost after booting as VHDX.: Hello, I am running Windows 10 Pro (10240) and have a guest Windows 10 VM (10528) which were working fine. Both were activated and connected to internet correctly. Today I booted the VM as native boot VHDX. This installed some drivers, connected to internet and...